Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
MOTN
This poll is closed.
Cody vs Black 69 47.92%
Legit vs Bunny 15 10.42%
Christian vs Blade 10 6.94%
Jericho vs Juvi 6 4.17%
2.0 and Garcia vs Kingston, Mox and Darby 44 30.56%
Total: 144 votes
[Edit Poll (moderators only)]

Malcolm Excellent
May 20, 2007

Buglord
My name's Max Caster and I'm here to say I like to rap in a friendly way.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Shard
Jul 30, 2005

I feel like Alan Angels is gonna break out soon. He's kinda got that feeling.

https://twitter.com/UltimateEsporte/status/1425473987212103692

Dango Bango
Jul 26, 2007

Pamela Springstein posted:

My name is Max I have metal joints
Beat me up to earn rankings points

No rap posts can top this. :golfclap:

zimbomonkey
Jul 15, 2008

Tattoos? On MY black quarterback?
Bad news guys, apparently CM Punk says he's doing a screening of a show called heels on the 20th and so he's definitely not going to be wrestling for AEW nosiree.

Pylons
Mar 16, 2009

zimbomonkey posted:

Bad news guys, apparently CM Punk says he's doing a screening of a show called heels on the 20th and so he's definitely not going to be wrestling for AEW nosiree.

That third episode of "Heels" must be a real banger.

fez_machine
Nov 27, 2004
AY AY AY

I'm Yuka The Magical Girl
Beat you up with a magical twirl

zimbomonkey
Jul 15, 2008

Pylons posted:

That third episode of "Heels" must be a real banger.

yeah it's going to be the best episode of heels since the second episode of heels.

NienNunb
Feb 15, 2012

please deliver me from the raps

Amp
Sep 10, 2010

:11tea::bubblewoop::agesilaus::megaman::yoshi::squawk::supaburn::iit::spooky::axe::honked::shroom::smugdog::sg::pkmnwhy::parrot::screamy::tubular::corsair::sanix::yeeclaw::hayter::flip::redflag:

NienNunb posted:

zimbomonkey
Jul 15, 2008

NienNunb posted:

only the fuse can stop the rhymes
the good news is there's not much time
left

ChrisBTY
Mar 29, 2012

this glorious monument

Shard posted:

I feel like somebody has to break out from the Dark Order. They're too popular and too numerous to have all of them all occupy the same place in the card.

STUPID FANTASY BOOKING ALERT

Kenny tells Hangman that their tag team would have been nothing without him. Bucks try to twist the knife by letting him challenge for the tag titles at All Out with a partner of his choice. Hangman chooses Angels (who can play up the metanarrative of their first match) and they win. Of course this has its own bag of problems but if you want to legitimize any member of DO that's a way to do it. And maybe it'll teach Dark Order an important lesson about not bullying your friends. (It was fun at first but now that the narrative has become 'good friends vs bad friends' it feels like a plot hole).

The other way is to have 10 beat Miro buuuuuut the optics really arn't there.

blunt
Jul 7, 2005

Shard posted:

He's gonna break out of The Dark Order and/or break Colt's heart.

So is Heels any good?

Dacap
Jul 8, 2008

I've been involved in a number of cults, both as a leader and a follower.

You have more fun as a follower. But you make more money as a leader.

blunt posted:

He's gonna break out of The Dark Order and/or break Colt's heart.

So is Heels any good?

I’ve seen positive early reviews but I watched the trailer and a woman does a shoot hurricanrana to a much larger guy outside a bar so take that with a grain of salt.

Rarity
Oct 21, 2010

~*4 LIFE*~

We could always chat about lawns :unsmith:

RealityWarCriminal
Aug 10, 2016

:o:

NienNunb posted:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-riL5A4eiWQ

Shaman Tank Spec
Dec 26, 2003

*blep*

I still can't believe the WCW tried to make the rednecks the bad guys in that feud.

HMM I wonder who is going to be viewed as the bad guys in a traditionally southern promotion? The rednecks who sing about redneck pride and hating rap, or the rappers from up north who outnumber the rednecks two to one? Why is my promotion going under someone help.

Shaman Tank Spec fucked around with this message at 21:08 on Aug 11, 2021

Ganso Bomb
Oct 24, 2005

turn it all around

zimbomonkey posted:

The clip got a chuckle out of me:

https://twitter.com/SNMEradio/status/1425520790401859584

Majinfoose
Jul 26, 2007

HOLY SHIT
This vegan brisket is bussin

Rarity posted:

I'm terrible about lawn maintenance, but there is a lovely lady in my neighborhood who's mother has dementia so she does lawns since she can't get out much, and she does an amazing job on my front lawn.

Then I had some lovely friends demand that they come over to do my backyard.

I'm basically Jeff Bezos in how much I exploit labor.

Alaois
Feb 7, 2012

Shaman Tank Spec posted:

I still can't believe the WCW tried to make the rednecks the bad guys in that feud.

HMM I wonder who is going to be viewed as the bad guys in a traditionally southern promotion? The rednecks who sing about redneck pride and hating rap, or the rappers from up north who outnumber the rednecks two to one? Why is my promotion going under someone help.

i get your point but Master P and No Limit Records were based out of New Orleans

Shaman Tank Spec
Dec 26, 2003

*blep*

Alaois posted:

i get your point but Master P and No Limit Records were based out of New Orleans

Oh, I legit didn't know that.

Then again almost all of my knowledge about Master P can be summed up as "likes to jump up and down and yell 'hootie hoo'".

xbilkis
Apr 11, 2005

god qb
me
jay hova

Unlike old footage of CM Punk wrestling, his mundane selling of this insane fake answer has convinced me he'll be good in AEW

That Dang Dad
Apr 23, 2003

Well I am
over-fucking-whelmed...
Young Orc

That got a hearty chuckle from me.

Shard
Jul 30, 2005

Shaman Tank Spec posted:

Oh, I legit didn't know that.

Then again almost all of my knowledge about Master P can be summed up as "likes to jump up and down and yell 'hootie hoo'".

Growing up in New Orleans Master P and No Limit, along with Juvenile and Cash Money were huge. So Master P was always the face in my heart. Because rap is good.

Shaman Tank Spec
Dec 26, 2003

*blep*

Shard posted:

Growing up in New Orleans Master P and No Limit, along with Juvenile and Cash Money were huge. So Master P was always the face in my heart. Because rap is good.

Sure, that makes perfect sense. They just bungled the whole thing so completely it was like nobody at WCW no longer knew how heels and faces typically acted in feuds, or in wrestling.

StarkRavingMad
Sep 27, 2001

Yams Fan

Dacap posted:

Him promoting the show using boilerplate language seems to be a tell that he's doing something with them. If it was just there to support Wheeler Yuta I think the tweet wouldn't be using their corporate language structure that other performers use to advertise the show.

It would be pretty funny if he just cut and pasted someone else's boilerplate AEW tweet to screw with people

Rarity
Oct 21, 2010

~*4 LIFE*~
Welp, I guess that settles it, no Phil Brooks in AEW after all *takes down party banners, tosses tooters in the bin, cancels strippers*

FUCKFACE MORON
Apr 23, 2010

by sebmojo
Maybe it's just brainworms but I'm getting strong Chris Meloni vibes from Punk in this clip

STAC Goat
Mar 12, 2008

Watching you sleep.

Butt first, let's
check the feeds.

Shaman Tank Spec posted:

Sure, that makes perfect sense. They just bungled the whole thing so completely it was like nobody at WCW no longer knew how heels and faces typically acted in feuds, or in wrestling.

I mean, I think they mostly just didn't factor in that the audience was racist.

A crucial mistake. Vince always remembers to play into that.

sticklefifer
Nov 11, 2003

by VideoGames

My Lovely Horse posted:

Dunno who Drexl is but I feel like Tony should sign him

Drexl rules. I once saw a guy pound a fistful of wooden skewers into his scalp, and some of them stuck in so he kept wrestling with them sticking out of his dreads while bleeding down his face. :unsmigghh:

He's got sort of a Rob Zombie style, he'd be a good guy to pair with Abadon.

Ganso Bomb
Oct 24, 2005

turn it all around

Rarity posted:

How do I keep my lawn from getting yellow spots when my dogs pee on the grass?

Nick Jr. Face posted:

Maybe it's just brainworms but I'm getting strong Chris Meloni vibes from Punk in this clip

Now that you've said it, I can definitely see it.

the escape goat
Apr 16, 2008

sticklefifer posted:

Drexl rules. I once saw a guy pound a fistful of wooden skewers into his scalp, and some of them stuck in so he kept wrestling with them sticking out of his dreads while bleeding down his face. :unsmigghh:

He's got sort of a Rob Zombie style, he'd be a good guy to pair with Abadon.

he yeeted Steve West into a kiddie pool full of barbed wire that Steve could barely get out of so he’s good in my book.

unless it gets shut down due to plague, I’m gonna see him on a card that includes Luther and Daniel Makabe in October, which will own.

Shaman Tank Spec
Dec 26, 2003

*blep*

STAC Goat posted:

I mean, I think they mostly just didn't factor in that the audience was racist.

Yeah that played a big part, definitely. But even beyond that they kept doing weird as gently caress things like having the heels be outnumbered by the faces in confrontations and getting jumped by the faces.

Like... what are you even doing?

E: it is of course also possible that people in WCW were ALSO racist and despite theoretically having Master P and his guys be the faces, they booked them as heels.

sticklefifer
Nov 11, 2003

by VideoGames

the escape goat posted:

he yeeted Steve West into a kiddie pool full of barbed wire that Steve could barely get out of so he’s good in my book.

unless it gets shut down due to plague, I’m gonna see him on a card that includes Luther and Daniel Makabe in October, which will own.

Steve West is legit the sweetest wrestler I've ever met. I saw him at a bar after a show and said hi. He's actually kind of meek and really polite, and described himself as a pacifist, which is great because his character is such a colossal rear end in a top hat.

RealityWarCriminal
Aug 10, 2016

:o:
Steve West got speaking outed. sorry you met him once and he was nice.

sticklefifer
Nov 11, 2003

by VideoGames
Ahh, that sucks. Surprising, but I guess you never really know.

SatoshiMiwa
May 6, 2007

Shaman Tank Spec posted:

E: it is of course also possible that people in WCW were ALSO racist and despite theoretically having Master P and his guys be the faces, they booked them as heels.

I mean WCW had multiple racial discrimination cases filed against them so that is very likely

graph
Nov 22, 2006

aaag peanuts

released in the states 26 years ago today

STING 64
Oct 20, 2006

Cody Rhodes

the escape goat
Apr 16, 2008

sticklefifer posted:

Steve West is legit the sweetest wrestler I've ever met. I saw him at a bar after a show and said hi. He's actually kind of meek and really polite, and described himself as a pacifist, which is great because his character is such a colossal rear end in a top hat.

…have you not heard about how he was ousted from 3-2-1 Battle! for assault allegations last March and that’s pretty much why the promotion is dead?

ETA:

Steve West got speaking outed. sorry you met him once and he was nice.

it was definitely an eye-opener to hear about a lot of wrestlers during the speaking out movement. a few months before that I’d had a super chill evening after a show in Seattle grabbing beers with Jimmy Havoc and he asked me for advice on girl problems.
…and we all know how that turned out so welp

the escape goat fucked around with this message at 21:40 on Aug 11, 2021

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

JUNGLE BOY
Sep 23, 2019

CM Punk probably isn’t going to AEW anymore after rumors got out. But I think Bray will debut in his spot, as a new character, who will be managed by a psychotic Tony Khan who will call out CM Punk for letting down his fans. Tony will command Bray to wreak havoc on the AEW locker room to demonstrate that you don’t cross the boss.