Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
MOTN
This poll is closed.
Cody vs Black 69 47.92%
Legit vs Bunny 15 10.42%
Christian vs Blade 10 6.94%
Jericho vs Juvi 6 4.17%
2.0 and Garcia vs Kingston, Mox and Darby 44 30.56%
Total: 144 votes
[Edit Poll (moderators only)]

IGgy IGsen
Apr 11, 2013

"If I lose I will set myself on fire."

JUNGLE BOY posted:

CM Punk probably isn’t going to AEW anymore after rumors got out. But I think Bray will debut in his spot, as a new character, who will be managed by a psychotic Tony Khan who will call out CM Punk for letting down his fans. Tony will command Bray to wreak havoc on the AEW locker room to demonstrate that you don’t cross the boss.

Not gonna lie, I'd like to see that more than Punk returning to wrestling, somehow.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

El Gallinero Gros
Mar 17, 2010

ChrisBTY posted:

I feel like somebody has to break out from the Dark Order. They're too popular and too numerous to have all of them all occupy the same place in the card.

STUPID FANTASY BOOKING ALERT

Kenny tells Hangman that their tag team would have been nothing without him. Bucks try to twist the knife by letting him challenge for the tag titles at All Out with a partner of his choice. Hangman chooses Angels (who can play up the metanarrative of their first match) and they win. Of course this has its own bag of problems but if you want to legitimize any member of DO that's a way to do it. And maybe it'll teach Dark Order an important lesson about not bullying your friends. (It was fun at first but now that the narrative has become 'good friends vs bad friends' it feels like a plot hole).

The other way is to have 10 beat Miro buuuuuut the optics really arn't there.

The problem with this is they've never once mentioned the BTE bullying thing on TV

CopywrightMMXI
Jun 1, 2011

One time a guy stole some downhill skis out of my jeep and I was so mad I punched a mailbox. I'm against crime, and I'm not ashamed to admit it.
There ain’t no CM but there’s an MC
Max Castor back on August 13

Sticky Nate
Jan 9, 2012

rename the subforum to Please Stop Posting

the escape goat
Apr 16, 2008

Sticky Nate posted:

rename the subforum to Please Stop Posting

https://twitter.com/dril/status/247222360309121024?s=21

sticklefifer
Nov 11, 2003

by VideoGames

the escape goat posted:

…have you not heard about how he was ousted from 3-2-1 Battle! for assault allegations last March and that’s pretty much why the promotion is dead?

ETA:

it was definitely an eye-opener to hear about a lot of wrestlers during the speaking out movement. a few months before that I’d had a super chill evening after a show in Seattle grabbing beers with Jimmy Havoc and he asked me for advice on girl problems.
…and we all know how that turned out so welp

I fell out of a lot of wrestling for several months right after the pandemic started because I didn't really have time or energy for it, so I missed a lot of that. It sucks to hear about West because he seemed really genuine, but like you said with Havoc, people who seem super chill can also be total shitheads.

Erebus
Jul 13, 2001

Okay... Keep your head, Steve boy...

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1AVvvVBPKTo

Ganso Bomb
Oct 24, 2005

turn it all around

JUNGLE BOY posted:

CM Punk probably isn’t going to AEW anymore after rumors got out. But I think Bray will debut in his spot, as a new character, who will be managed by a psychotic Tony Khan who will call out CM Punk for letting down his fans. Tony will command Bray to wreak havoc on the AEW locker room to demonstrate that you don’t cross the boss.

I love the perfect wrestling logic of "a guy we were going to sign decided against it and doesn't even work here, so I'm bringing in someone else to beat the poo poo out of everyone who IS working here as a lesson"

FUCKFACE MORON
Apr 23, 2010

by sebmojo
At least Barney wasn't in blackface

AK-47
Jul 10, 2001

https://twitter.com/KingSerpentico/status/1425561744882163713

Endless Mike
Aug 13, 2003

:ninja:

RealityWarCriminal
Aug 10, 2016

:o:

:mrgw: :yosbutt:

Roasted Donut
Aug 24, 2007

NWA WHITE POWERRR!!!!
i have tickets to dynamite tonight but i've been unbearably dizzy and feeling poorly all day. There's always the Rampage debut I guess, hopefully this dizzy crap ends by then.

yea ok
Jul 27, 2006

thats us

blunt
Jul 7, 2005

I hope Punk's debut is a shot for shot remake of

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=n4470j2mBcw

No more, no less.

yea ok
Jul 27, 2006

Roasted Donut posted:

i have tickets to dynamite tonight but i've been unbearably dizzy and feeling poorly all day. There's always the Rampage debut I guess, hopefully this dizzy crap ends by then.

gently caress that sucks. any chance it’ll clear up in time to go or is it one of those all day youre hosed things

stab
Feb 12, 2003

To you from failing hands we throw the torch, be yours to hold it high
Less than 3 hours to my boys uncovering the TRUTH about Sting.

Also whatever goon namedropped me in Aubrey's thread....really? You think I use my internet handle when talking to them? Lmao

Eat My Fuc
May 29, 2007

i am sick and worked in the hot rain all day, i’m probably going to die like that president that insisted on speaking in the rain. excited to spend my twilight hours watching Dynamite on TNT.

enigmahfc
Oct 10, 2003

EFF TEE DUB!!
EFF TEE DUB!!

Roasted Donut posted:

You know what might cure that?

AEW Dynamite

RealFoxy
May 11, 2011

I'm not making a fucking QCS thread for this but seriously can we take a harder stance on Kiwifarms freaks like this guy, Jesus Christ seriously, you used to be better at knocking these creeps down. I guess ADTRW mods aren't responsible like GBS mods are.

stab posted:

Also whatever goon namedropped me in Aubrey's thread....really? You think I use my internet handle when talking to them? Lmao
Goons are desperate to get any attention they can from wrestling, like Mountain State Wrestling

Which I got a job out of :negative:

blunt
Jul 7, 2005

enigmahfc posted:

You know what might cure that?

AEW Dynamite

Alternatively please don't go to Dynamite if you're actively ill and haven't taken a Covid test.

explosivo
May 23, 2004

Fueled by Satan

stab posted:

Hey to be clear "your boys" are Matt and Jeff right? Did they team with Garcia previously or is he kind of a random addition for them in AEW? He's great, they're all great, I just wasn't sure how Garcia became involved with them.

Roasted Donut
Aug 24, 2007

NWA WHITE POWERRR!!!!

yea ok posted:

gently caress that sucks. any chance it’ll clear up in time to go or is it one of those all day youre hosed things

i woke up with it and it hasn't gotten any better in the last 10 hours. this has happened a few times before and i don't know if it's part allergies or what. being dizzy sucks rear end

stab
Feb 12, 2003

explosivo posted:

Hey to be clear "your boys" are Matt and Jeff right? Did they team with Garcia previously or is he kind of a random addition for them in AEW? He's great, they're all great, I just wasn't sure how Garcia became involved with them.

They know each other from the northeast indies.

However Matt and Jeff moved to the fatcat bigwig wrestling pretty much as Garcia started to break out so not much to the Venn diagram, but yeah they knew each other from the Before Times.

Daniel has started to really break out in Canada, and well Matt and Jeff are Canadian indy institutions. (Fun fact, they got their first big break from the canadian indy that also gave the first big breaks to Kevin Steen, Sami Zayn, and Ssb.)

explosivo
May 23, 2004

Fueled by Satan

stab posted:

They know each other from the northeast indies.

However Matt and Jeff moved to the fatcat bigwig wrestling pretty much as Garcia started to break out so not much to the Venn diagram, but yeah they knew each other from the Before Times.

Gotcha, thanks. I just wasn't sure if you were also friendly with Garcia or if he was a recent addition to the group.

stab
Feb 12, 2003

explosivo posted:

Gotcha, thanks. I just wasn't sure if you were also friendly with Garcia or if he was a recent addition to the group.

Yeah I know him, we've spoken a few times,but not at the level of those 2.

In wrestling there's a lot of people you are friendly with, but in my opinion only a few you can call friends if that makes sense.

Every interaction with Garcia has been positive if that means anything?

RealFoxy
May 11, 2011

I'm not making a fucking QCS thread for this but seriously can we take a harder stance on Kiwifarms freaks like this guy, Jesus Christ seriously, you used to be better at knocking these creeps down. I guess ADTRW mods aren't responsible like GBS mods are.
Stabs vs Jubs in an IWS vs PWG war games match

StarkRavingMad
Sep 27, 2001

Yams Fan

Roasted Donut posted:

i woke up with it and it hasn't gotten any better in the last 10 hours. this has happened a few times before and i don't know if it's part allergies or what. being dizzy sucks rear end

Trying doing this: https://www.hopkinsmedicine.org/health/treatment-tests-and-therapies/home-epley-maneuver

I get inner ear crystals that cause vertigo sometimes and this helps. It may initially make you more dizzy but it'll help it go away (although probably not fast enough to go to the show tonight).

Roasted Donut
Aug 24, 2007

NWA WHITE POWERRR!!!!

StarkRavingMad posted:

Trying doing this: https://www.hopkinsmedicine.org/health/treatment-tests-and-therapies/home-epley-maneuver

I get inner ear crystals that cause vertigo sometimes and this helps. It may initially make you more dizzy but it'll help it go away (although probably not fast enough to go to the show tonight).

Thanks, i'll give it a try

sticklefifer
Nov 11, 2003

by VideoGames

blunt posted:

I hope Punk's debut is a shot for shot remake of

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=n4470j2mBcw

No more, no less.

I hope it's a shot for shot remake of the middle of the stage rising to reveal Cody surrounded by Downstait playing his theme, but it's Punk with Downstait covering Living Colour.

Yaya
Nov 14, 2012

vancloober cablucks
I hope it's a shot-for-shot remake of the August 1st Warning

DLC Inc
Jun 1, 2011

it would kind of be insanely funny if, after all this, CM Punk never had any intention of doing wrestling again and literally every rumor has been bullshit

JUNGLE BOY
Sep 23, 2019

DLC Inc posted:

it would kind of be insanely funny if, after all this, CM Punk never had any intention of doing wrestling again and literally every rumor has been bullshit

This is 100% what is happening. When the rumors came out, Tony started scrambling to sign CM Punk and booked the United Center to try and pressure Punk into signing and it didn’t work and now he’s gonna look like a stupid idiot

RealFoxy
May 11, 2011

JUNGLE BOY posted:

This is 100% what is happening. When the rumors came out, Tony started scrambling to sign CM Punk and booked the United Center to try and pressure Punk into signing and it didn’t work and now he’s gonna look like a stupid idiot
:toxx: it you coward

Wait you did already didn't you

Seams
Feb 3, 2005

ROCK HARD

Yaya posted:

I hope it's a shot-for-shot remake of the August 1st Warning

Who is the Kennedy in this situation

RealFoxy
May 11, 2011

Seams posted:

I hope it's Sting just because I can see him doing those goofy facial expressions in my head already

JUNGLE BOY
Sep 23, 2019

Seams posted:

Luther and he’s pointing and tonguing and doing all the things we love

Drakkel
May 6, 2007

IT'S LIKE I CAN TOUCH YOU!
I can't believe every single person at United Center got up and left in anger halfway through Rampage and then AEW was finally cancelled

mooseinfants
Dec 22, 2014

Seams posted:

Kenny for sure

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

sticklefifer
Nov 11, 2003

by VideoGames

RealFoxy posted:

I hope it's Sting just because I can see him doing those goofy facial expressions in my head already

Sting was already in that scene. Real Estate Steve was in full effect.