Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Larry Parrish
Jul 9, 2012

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
It's the only good ARPG which really says a lot about the state of the genre. I have fun with it but at this point it's basically impossible to get into. And for some reason they balance it like an MMO or shooter instead of a single player game, which is what it is.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Larry Parrish
Jul 9, 2012

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

Meyers-Briggs Testicle posted:

its free to play and owned by tencent lol

It was actually worse before Tencent bought them out.

Larry Parrish
Jul 9, 2012

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

Lib and let die posted:

i don't particularly care for the ascendency trials, and i hope they get rid of they aren't planning any isometric platforming sections for poe2

really like when i hear that currency item drop sound and my brain gives me a sweet dopamine hit though

The labyrinth is really bad and is thankfully going away forever in poe2. On the other hand when you have a strong build it feels good to instantly crush it, as I did tonight with my lightning trapper

Larry Parrish
Jul 9, 2012

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

Lib and let die posted:

i'm using an ice trapper. what really fucks me up are the sections where i can't just cheese through it with movement skills because there's like an enemies take damage when using movement skills thing stacked on a totem of drought or whatever and i'm just like 'gently caress it, i don't need to see sirus anyway i guess'

You should be able to hit them with your traps from extreme range, which goes through the proximity shield some of them have. And if you have flask nodes you can just sip your health flask and blaze through. They don't do enough damage to kill you outright

Larry Parrish
Jul 9, 2012

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
or you can be me and never follow builds and just be an absolute dipshit for like 4 years. the last league or two has been the first time i make builds that aren't a dumpster fire

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Larry Parrish
Jul 9, 2012

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

extremebuff posted:

big new expac today, comes out in about an hour. im hoipe

the amount of new stuff on top of revamps of old stuff every 3-4months is totally batshit crazy

I'm fairly hoipe myself brother.