Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

lobster shirt
Jun 14, 2021

So far my Madden Experience has been: started in franchise mode as a UDFA quarterback, got cut midway through the season because even though my team had won all its games, a bug prevented my stats from being recorded so the coach rightfully cut his starting quarterback who had 0 completions for 0 yards and 0 touchdowns. Awesome!

Face of the franchise mode is a little better but for some reason you have no access to the skill sliders during it, so I'm faced with joyless 70-7 blowouts on the too-easy difficulty or insanely frustrating games where I win but throw 2-4 interceptions and also my running backs fumble on multiple drives.

All in all not worth $60!!!!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

lobster shirt
Jun 14, 2021

Pakistani Brad Pitt posted:

How bad is this game if I haven't played a Madden game since the Obama administration?

I.e. if its a copy paste of something from 3 years ago with roster updates, will I care since it will all be New To Me? Getting the itch to play some video game football with the season kicking off, but I'm basically trained on 1990s-2000s era sports games in that I just want to play a franchise for a few years. Is that still possible or are these games like fully sports themed mobile/Lootbox/card pack simulators that exist to print microtransaction money for the publisher?

I would hold off on buying it until they release the next update that adds a more robust and deep scouting system to franchise mode. They promised that this would be in the game but of course it wasn't complete in time so they shipped it with the current crappy scouting system where you just press buttons and it tells you if a player is good or not. Aside from the coming system being, hopefully, better, it's probably wise to wait because the update is going to break your existing franchise save and make you start over.

If the idea of losing a saved franchise doesn't bother you then I'd go ahead and get the game now. They fixed the extremely egregious bug that caused people to randomly lose games -- like, you would win, and then it turned out the game recorded none of your stats or points -- so it's playable again. The gameplay isn't that different from last year's Madden but like you say, you haven't played it in a long time so it will be pretty new for you.

lobster shirt
Jun 14, 2021

I kinda like the new scouting :shrug:

UI sucks though, very annoying that you can't see what your scouts are good at on the screen where you assign them to regions.

lobster shirt
Jun 14, 2021

Am I going to be stupid enough to buy it next year for the franchise "improvements"? Only time will tell....

lobster shirt
Jun 14, 2021

i am very stupid and will almost certainly buy the new madden when it comes out

lobster shirt
Jun 14, 2021

still gonna buy it, due to powerful brain problems

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

lobster shirt
Jun 14, 2021

i picked Madden 22 back up rather than buy the new one. pretty fun for me still. i started a new franchise and drafted a tight end named "joel calcutta" which makes me laugh every time i see it.