Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
Would you gift some winnings to the friend who got you them?
A: Yes
B: No
C: Russel Crowe
D: Goku
View Results

AARD VARKMAN
May 17, 1993
Would you gift the phoned friend some money?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

AARD VARKMAN
May 17, 1993
I appear to have misspelled the name "Russell Crowe". Apologies.

Robin Williams
Aug 11, 2018

by Fluffdaddy
If I asked the person to be my lifeline and they said "Ok, but...I want a certain % if you win", yes.

If not, no.

By popular demand
Jul 17, 2007

IT *BZZT* WASP ME--
IT WASP ME ALL *BZZT* ALONG!

Nice try OP anyone asking me for money is no friend.

AARD VARKMAN
May 17, 1993

By popular demand posted:

Nice try OP anyone asking me for money is no friend.

I'm not saying they ask you, just if you would feel obligated to when they save your hide

Robin Williams
Aug 11, 2018

by Fluffdaddy

Aardvark! posted:

I'm not saying they ask you, just if you would feel obligated to when they save your hide

quote:

The average total winnings for the episodes are £114,238, the average winner is £50,200, the average male contestant win is £49,600 and the average winnings of the female contestant is £48,500

So If you won you'd have a party and the person who helped would get drunk and high and get a lot of food and stuff for free, and isn't thats enough.

Edit: Just change the pounds to whatever currency you like, its all the same.

AARD VARKMAN
May 17, 1993

Robin Williams posted:

So If you won you'd have a party and the person who helped would get drunk and high and get a lot of food and stuff for free, and isn't thats enough.

Edit: Just change the pounds to whatever currency you like, its all the same.

when I think "won" on Who Wants To Be A Millionaire, I think it would have to be 250k+, maybe even 500.

like i wouldn't tell people I won the show if it was less than that. I would say I won money on the show

Punkinhead
Apr 2, 2015

I'd buy them some lipstick so they could KISS MY BUTT OP LOL

nah for real though I'd probably get them something they like, depends on the person

AARD VARKMAN
May 17, 1993
like you are having guests over (like a boss) and you gesture to a picture of you and reej and you give them the old shifty eye and say, "I won." if it was anything less than 1 million you immediately have to say "well, not the whole thing"

Robin Williams
Aug 11, 2018

by Fluffdaddy

PinheadSlim posted:

Depends on the person

Like you know someone called Geoff The rear end in a top hat but his biggest weakness is he cannot lie, so you choose him so you win but he gets nothing because hes an rear end in a top hat.

Saalkin
Jun 29, 2008

No I'm taking all my winnings and investing in a sure thing: Bitcoin.

Jose
Jul 24, 2007

Adrian Chiles is a broadcaster and writer
i wouldn't actually phone a friend i'd try and get someone who actually knows stuff to be my lifeline and yes i'd pay them for it

AARD VARKMAN
May 17, 1993

Jose posted:

i wouldn't actually phone a friend i'd try and get someone who actually knows stuff to be my lifeline and yes i'd pay them for it

how often do people even get to use the phone a friend vs never leave the lightning round? i would be way too pessimistic to go and get somebody i didn't know to be my lifeline

Robin Williams
Aug 11, 2018

by Fluffdaddy

Aardvark! posted:

how often do people even get to use the phone a friend vs never leave the lightning round? i would be way too pessimistic to go and get somebody i didn't know to be my lifeline

Ive rarely watched it, but I would say every second episode at least.

Jose posted:

No smart friends. Interesting

Big Beef City
Aug 15, 2013

I'd use it on a question I for sure knew the answer to then call 'em up and tell 'em to suck on my freakin whole bag right on television and watch Regis fall out of his chair making the :vince: face

Sentinel Red
Nov 13, 2007
Style > Content.
I’d pick a friend who is consistently wrong about everything, use them to whittle out one of the wrong answers and keep the money guilt free as they clearly gave bad advice. If I was feeling generous, I might buy them a Sheldon Funko Pop as thanks for almost costing me a million.

Robin Williams
Aug 11, 2018

by Fluffdaddy
If you used a phone-a-friend on Who Wants To Be A Millionaire and LOST

Would you execute your friend?

Mooey Cow
Jan 27, 2018

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Pillbug
I would demand that they pay me OP, are you being friends with people for free???

naem
May 29, 2011

I would put the million dollars into an annuity that would earn me something like 40k a year for life and take my friend out for a very nice meal at Applebee’s©️™️

I would happily allow them both a Bloomin’™️©️Onion®️ and several Apple-tini’s®️™️ and even a dessert of their choosing

goatface
Dec 5, 2007

I had a video of that when I was about 6.

I remember it being shit.

Grimey Drawer
They have been paid in exposure. Is that not enough?

Mr.Acula
May 10, 2009

Billions and billions of fat clouds

Cant your friend just google the answer?

Robin Williams
Aug 11, 2018

by Fluffdaddy
The first question should be solo and then the rest of the questions are answered with you, in studio, on the phone to a friend who is reciting the questions.

TheWeepingHorse
Nov 20, 2009

I was on Who Wants To Be A Millionaire and my phone-a-friend was wrong. I was at the $25,000 mark and wound up with $1,000. Oh well

Robin Williams
Aug 11, 2018

by Fluffdaddy

TheWeepingHorse posted:

I was on Who Wants To Be A Millionaire and my phone-a-friend was wrong. I was at the $25,000 mark and wound up with $1,000. Oh well

Wrong as in they accidentaly called sex line

"I dunno honey, who do you want the the 3rd Doctor to be?"

Big Beef City
Aug 15, 2013

TheWeepingHorse posted:

For the record I was 100% right and you decided not to use my answer and you STILL keep up this absolute FARCE, son and you're still not welcome back for the holidays this year it's KILLING YOUR MOTHER STEVEN

Xaintrailles
Aug 14, 2015

:hellyeah::histdowns:

TheWeepingHorse posted:

Why did you pick them?

Schweinhund
Oct 23, 2004

:derp:   :kayak:                                     
I would tell them that I knew the answer anyway and was just calling them for dramatic effect.

Icochet
Mar 18, 2008

I have a very small TV. Don't make fun of it! Please don't shame it like that~

Grimey Drawer
If i had a million i could afford new, better friends

DeadFatDuckFat
Oct 29, 2012

This avatar brought to you by the 'save our dead gay forums' foundation.

I'd buy them lunch

At the Costco food court!!!!

Robin Williams
Aug 11, 2018

by Fluffdaddy
They should let you call random people, theres some randon phone number generator, and if you get a wrong question and if you find five people out of 10 random phone numbers that agree it turns your loss to a win.

flavor.flv
Apr 18, 2008

I got a letter from the government the other day
opened it, read it
it said they was bitches

I would phone an enemy, and then go with the answer they didn't pick

I get the right answer and I owe them nothing

ClamdestineBoyster
Aug 15, 2015
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!
I dunno, say you were willing to give them 100000 for the right answer, then they should have to owe you 900k for the wrong answer. If they’re considered a guest of the show then they should only owe you the next tier down from a million.

Icochet
Mar 18, 2008

I have a very small TV. Don't make fun of it! Please don't shame it like that~

Grimey Drawer
Using any of the lifelines is a total beta move tbh

Robin Williams
Aug 11, 2018

by Fluffdaddy
Use all your lifelines on the first 4 questions.

Use 3 on the first 3 questions, save the last one as long as possible and decided based on the first 3 win/loss if your final Lifeline will be good or not.

Robin Williams fucked around with this message at 16:11 on Aug 7, 2021

Mooey Cow
Jan 27, 2018

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Pillbug
Can't you just shoot the host and steal the money? What are they gonna do, put you in jail?

Robin Williams
Aug 11, 2018

by Fluffdaddy

Mooey Cow posted:

Can't you just shoot the host and steal the money? What are they gonna do, put you in jail?

There's a chalk square just off camera with a hand gun in it, but all contestants are asked not to try and take it.

DeadFatDuckFat
Oct 29, 2012

This avatar brought to you by the 'save our dead gay forums' foundation.

Perform haruspicy on an audience member

a true "life" line

Robin Williams
Aug 11, 2018

by Fluffdaddy

DeadFatDuckFat posted:

Perform haruspicy on an audience member

a true "life" line

The Question was What is Simony? and I chose a Coffee from Starbucks

Nicodemus Dumps
Jan 9, 2006

Just chillin' in the sink

Schweinhund posted:

I would tell them that I knew the answer anyway and was just calling them for dramatic effect.

The first ever $1M winner had the same idea

https://youtu.be/2f9OJ8qecP8

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Nicodemus Dumps
Jan 9, 2006

Just chillin' in the sink

popewiles posted:

The first ever $1M winner had the same idea

https://youtu.be/2f9OJ8qecP8

E: oh wait nvm, I misunderstood your post