Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Areola Grande

it's a free country u pervs
no humble brags. that's the only rule here

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Areola Grande

I did a really great job on my first vocational school quiz in Yakuza: Like a Dragon today :smuggo:

Areola Grande

I went 2 bed in time and was able to earn money the next day donating plasma 💪

Moo Cowabunga

[Office Worker.

I dug a hole all by myself today. Rammed a post in that hole too!

Platinum User Pot Smoke Phoenix!

VANISHER

HEATHER PAPPS

https://giant.gfycat.com/WellgroomedImperfectHaddock.webm the vanisher

GODSPEED JOHN GLENN

I put my thumb up my bum and shut one eye, and my thumb blotted out the planet Earth.

I have a big beard now with a big mustache and I'm very manly

Sarah Cenia

Laying in the forest, by the water
Underneath these ferns
You'll never find me
I washed a massive pile of dishes yesterday

Randy Travesty

PHANTOM QUEEN

I exercised self care and rested for an entire day! Which I have not done in five years!

Manifisto

I used a masonry blade on my angle grinder yesterday to carve up a cinderblock and it made me feel very manly

ty nesamdoom!

Areola Grande

some good brags ITT so far but I'm looking for grandiose big fish stories of u got those as well

Moo Cowabunga

[Office Worker.

I don’t know man, I dug a pretty grandiose hole.

VANISHER

HEATHER PAPPS

take the moon

by sebmojo
i wrote 40k in 2 months

my cats doin chill

i remembered that my favourite space cases episode was called tie me kangaroo down court for like 2 decades

----------------
This thread brought to you by a tremendous dickhead!

Areola Grande

I donated plasma over 100 times in a 3 year period. I earned thousands of dollars and probably helped cure life threatening illnesses in the process

:smuggo: nbd tho

xcheopis

Areola Grande posted:

some good brags ITT so far but I'm looking for grandiose big fish stories of u got those as well

I took care of three cats while homeless and unemployed for over three years. I spent that time eating a lot of crackers and cheese so that I could afford healthy food and badly needed medications for my little sweeties. One cat died before I managed to work out an arrangement with an AirBnB person, where I just paid monthly rent while working full-time with an exhausting commute and searching for permanent housing. During the year that I was there, I was earning too much money to qualify for any insurance and the government was taking student loan money out of my paycheck, so I often couldn't afford the medications for my rheumatoid arthritis or very much healthy food for myself. Also, the house was incredibly noisy, which a tv blasting all hours about two feet from where I was sleeping. I lost a second cat while living there. I finally found an apartment and got hired for a permanent position with PTO and insurance and within easy commuting distance from my home. My last cat was able to live in comfort and safety for the final few years of his life.

I managed to survive all that while also coping with the long-untreated rheumatoid arthritis (I've been told that I am extremely fortunate that I hadn't suffered internal organ damage during that time), horrific pain from "sprained" knee ligaments that left me with a lot of mobility issues (to put it mildly) and shattered my ability to sleep more than an hour at a time for several months, while also struggling with the untreated distress and anxiety one gets from untreated PTSD.

I had assistance in the various moves from the incredible generosity of a friend I don't deserve and being able to get a discount on movers from a sibling knowing someone in the business. I also had assistance from another sibling when I was living out of a motel for the second time. I also had to crowd-fund the money to have the first cat put to sleep as I was so broke I had to walk to my appointments with the health clinic that was two cities over.

My mobility is gradually improving. My arthritis is in heading into full remission and my other chronic conditions are subsiding back to "white noise". I have a tiny savings account. I like my job and most of my colleagues. The commute is short. I won't say that life is good but it's better than it has been in nearly a decade.

Fifteen years taking prescriptions
Now a shrink like, "I dunno, maybe get a kitten"

Areola Grande

xcheopis posted:

I took care of three cats while homeless and unemployed for over three years. I spent that time eating a lot of crackers and cheese so that I could afford healthy food and badly needed medications for my little sweeties. One cat died before I managed to work out an arrangement with an AirBnB person, where I just paid monthly rent while working full-time with an exhausting commute and searching for permanent housing. During the year that I was there, I was earning too much money to qualify for any insurance and the government was taking student loan money out of my paycheck, so I often couldn't afford the medications for my rheumatoid arthritis or very much healthy food for myself. Also, the house was incredibly noisy, which a tv blasting all hours about two feet from where I was sleeping. I lost a second cat while living there. I finally found an apartment and got hired for a permanent position with PTO and insurance and within easy commuting distance from my home. My last cat was able to live in comfort and safety for the final few years of his life.

I managed to survive all that while also coping with the long-untreated rheumatoid arthritis (I've been told that I am extremely fortunate that I hadn't suffered internal organ damage during that time), horrific pain from "sprained" knee ligaments that left me with a lot of mobility issues (to put it mildly) and shattered my ability to sleep more than an hour at a time for several months, while also struggling with the untreated distress and anxiety one gets from untreated PTSD.

I had assistance in the various moves from the incredible generosity of a friend I don't deserve and being able to get a discount on movers from a sibling knowing someone in the business. I also had assistance from another sibling when I was living out of a motel for the second time. I also had to crowd-fund the money to have the first cat put to sleep as I was so broke I had to walk to my appointments with the health clinic that was two cities over.

My mobility is gradually improving. My arthritis is in heading into full remission and my other chronic conditions are subsiding back to "white noise". I have a tiny savings account. I like my job and most of my colleagues. The commute is short. I won't say that life is good but it's better than it has been in nearly a decade.

now that's what I'm talking about :hfive:

xcheopis

Mormon Nailer posted:

I exercised self care and rested for an entire day! Which I have not done in five years!

*kermit the frog YAAAAAAYYYY!*

How Wonderful!

I only have excellent ideas
Today a teen complimented my tattoos and then two old ladies did the same. The circle of life... and I'm right smack dab in the middle baby.

-sig by Manifisto! goblin by Khanstant! News and possum by deep dish peat moss!

Randy Travesty

PHANTOM QUEEN

How Wonderful! posted:

Today a teen complimented my tattoos and then two old ladies did the same. The circle of life... and I'm right smack dab in the middle baby.

Hell yeah geriatric millennial time

The kids are definitely alright tho, one of my kid's buddies came out and now we are going to have a Big Gay Family Meeting between the two (fully vaxxed and chill af) families to help support him and his parents. Also HamJunior is gonna teach him how to shave so he can get some practice. HamJunior is a good child, gently caress Hut be damned.

Heather Papps

hello friend

i'm still around. i don't know if that seems like a brag, but i feel pretty braggadocios motioning it.

animals seem to like me pretty universally. i'm a very good uncle.

wow this is hard.

thanks Dumb Sex-Parrot and deep dish peat moss for this winter bounty!

xcheopis

Displeased Moo Cow posted:

I don’t know man, I dug a pretty grandiose hole.

And got the post in properly!

Manifisto

xcheopis posted:

that deserves bragging rights and then some. I'm glad a lot of these things are in the past and that life is better.

ty nesamdoom!

Areola Grande

I say dope poo poo every time my mouth opens. Ppl just give me their money when I'm in public

:shrug:

Areola Grande

haha j/k. srsly tho it's a curse

xcheopis

I forgot a very important anniversary - as of August 1st, I have been nicotine-free for 31 years. Whoo! Yaaaay! Whoo!
Super proud of that. Quite pleased with myself.

Randy Travesty

PHANTOM QUEEN

xcheopis posted:

I forgot a very important anniversary - as of August 1st, I have been nicotine-free for 31 years. Whoo! Yaaaay! Whoo!

That's huge!!!! Congratulations!

xcheopis

Mormon Nailer posted:

That's huge!!!! Congratulations!

I like to describe myself as "puffed" up from pride. :dadjoke:

cruft

I repaired a broken WiFi router over the weekend by tearing it apart, identifying a blown electrolytic capacitor, and replacing it with one I had lying around. It's working fine now!

xcheopis

cruft posted:

I repaired a broken WiFi router over the weekend by tearing it apart, identifying a blown electrolytic capacitor, and replacing it with one I had lying around. It's working fine now!

Well done!

Moo Cowabunga

[Office Worker.

my boss’s boss yelled at me today and I didn’t tell him to go gently caress himself. rather, I just smiled and sighed and said “fine”, then I went for a 3k walk to cool off :chord:

VANISHER

HEATHER PAPPS

Areola Grande

Displeased Moo Cow posted:

my boss’s boss yelled at me today and I didn’t tell him to go gently caress himself. rather, I just smiled and sighed and said “fine”, then I went for a 3k walk to cool off :chord:

smart :cheerdoge:

Prurient Squid

Tiddy cat Buddha improving your day.
OK, well I haven't looked through the thread first, I'm just rushing in to post my own thing.

I've jogged for 900m for 5 of the last 8 days.

e: 6!

Prurient Squid fucked around with this message at 11:47 on Aug 10, 2021

Jinh

Started dieting at the end of March, and as of last Saturday I'm down 30 lbs even if I don't count the first month where I didn't have a scale.

IGgy IGsen

"If I lose I will set myself on fire."
I successfully exist.
I have survived over 12000 days (rounded down to make myself feel younger) and I am still undefeated.
I have done other things in life too. It's a simple thing but this is the one thing I can remind myself of when I have a bad day.

GODSPEED JOHN GLENN

I put my thumb up my bum and shut one eye, and my thumb blotted out the planet Earth.

xcheopis posted:

Oooo! I'm trying to quit right now. It's difficult but I'm gonna do it!

nut

IGgy IGsen posted:

I successfully exist.

:respek:

I, too, am still here.

Manifisto

Jinh posted:

Started dieting at the end of March, and as of last Saturday I'm down 30 lbs even if I don't count the first month where I didn't have a scale.

Prurient Squid posted:

OK, well I haven't looked through the thread first, I'm just rushing in to post my own thing.

I've jogged for 900m for 5 of the last 8 days.

e: 6!

nice to these and other accomplishments

ty nesamdoom!

IGgy IGsen

"If I lose I will set myself on fire."

nut posted:

:respek:

I, too, am still here.

Hell yeah! Wouldn't be the same without you!

cruft

Jinh posted:

This is awesome and inspiring!

I've been hoping to drop 7 (stretch goal of 15) for the last 5 years, but yesterday I decided I was going to get serious about it, because it clearly isn't going to happen without some work.

Moo Cowabunga

[Office Worker.

Jinh posted:

this is glorious

VANISHER

HEATHER PAPPS

Jinh

Thanks pals! Long way to go still

cruft posted:

This is so cool to me I wish I could repair electronics

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

cruft

Jinh posted:

Thanks pals! Long way to go still

This is so cool to me I wish I could repair electronics

If you're serious, I'd be glad to help you and anyone else interested get started learning to solder on a cheap kit. Poking around Amazon, it looks like it'll be around $40, and you'd wind up with some stupid blinking lapel pen or something, plus everything you need to do the sort of repair I just did.