Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Khanstant
i became the most handsome boy on earth today and for the next 3 days

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

xcheopis

Jinh posted:

Thanks pals! Long way to go still

This is so cool to me I wish I could repair electronics

Same. Electricity is scary to me and I fear doing anything more than swapping out a fuse.

Fifteen years taking prescriptions
Now a shrink like, "I dunno, maybe get a kitten"

cruft

xcheopis posted:

Same. Electricity is scary to me and I fear doing anything more than swapping out a fuse.

Okay, I'm gonna post a "learn to solder with cruft" thread. Keep your eye open for it!

xcheopis

cruft posted:

Okay, I'm gonna post a "learn to solder with cruft" thread. Keep your eye open for it!

Keen!

Escape From Noise

I got my second Pfeizer shot so now my 5G is running smoooooth

Escape From Noise

I got a start on packing and got like half of my stuff in boxes. Mostly just a bunch of kitchen stuff I'll probably take care of the night before. Also got paperwork for selling my car taken care of.

xcheopis

Escape From Noise posted:

I got a start on packing and got like half of my stuff in boxes. Mostly just a bunch of kitchen stuff I'll probably take care of the night before. Also got paperwork for selling my car taken care of.

That's a lot to get done, too! :)

Escape From Noise

xcheopis posted:

That's a lot to get done, too! :)

It's always funny to me how loving lazy I get about it. I guess I just haven't had a lazy morning in a while.

Jinh

cruft posted:

:dogcited:

xcheopis

It's always funny to me how loving lazy I get about it. I guess I just haven't had a lazy morning in a while.

I'm so hoping you get back to having them ASAP.

biosterous

both my hair and my beard are long and glorious, and i am able to keep both of them looking very nice with very little effort

i've also gotten really good at fighting the pre-highschool-bullying-induced self-effacing brainpoison that made/makes it really hard to accept compliments or say nice things about myself

thank you saoshyant for this sig!!!
gallery of sigs

he/him

Manifisto

you're getting there, you'll be out of there in no time!

ty nesamdoom!

Areola Grande

it's a free country u pervs

biosterous posted:

both my hair and my beard are long and glorious, and i am able to keep both of them looking very nice with very little effort

i've also gotten really good at fighting the pre-highschool-bullying-induced self-effacing brainpoison that made/makes it really hard to accept compliments or say nice things about myself

that's what this thread is for bud! :dbuddy::hf::byob1:

xcheopis

biosterous posted:

I'm awkward as hell when it comes to compliments, so I've learned to respond with "Oh, thank you, that is so kind" and similar.

Areola Grande

they say a truly healthy person gets 10,000 steps per day. Since I am but a humble goon I hold myself to a standard of 7,500 steps per day instead

it's my way of tryna burn some of the calories I consume in the Trashed Crew thread. I haven't lost or gained weight in the five years since I started counting steps but it feels good knowing I'm doing something heart healthy at least

Areola Grande fucked around with this message at 20:21 on Aug 12, 2021

spring sigs by nesamdoom and Ravenous Scoot

xcheopis

Exercising orbs! How I envy you. ;)

Escape From Noise

Today is going to be my last day at this stupid job that I hate! Wooo! Then I just have a few things left to pack!

Zil

Satanically Summoned Citrus

I have successfully fought off my anxiety for another day. Was able to come back from a few steps from a panic attack and not have to be hospitalized. Amazing what weed and meditation can do.

Manifisto

Zil posted:

I have successfully fought off my anxiety for another day. Was able to come back from a few steps from a panic attack and not have to be hospitalized. Amazing what weed and meditation can do.

congratulations, hope it continues to get better for you

ty nesamdoom!

Prurient Squid

Tiddy cat Buddha improving your day.
I jogged 2K and am now relaxing with a glass of orange juice.

Percy Teatwillow

let us go out this evening for pleasure, for the night is still young
at the end of May this year, I was an inch away from homelessness with no car and no job. I also ate once a day and dropped down to my lowest weight since middle school. this week, I got a good paying job that I actually really love. I also started walking three miles a day (not having a car sucks lol) and I’m looking noticeably better and feeling way happier/healthier. as of a half an hour ago, I officially have a (basically new) car again! it’s all a bit jarring that things are falling back into place so quickly, but I’m so incredibly stoked and thankful about it.

life is looking up :)

THANK U Heather Papps !!

Gluehead posted:

i met snow at a restaurant once and i was like 'man, informer is a really good song!' and he just looked up from the bowl of french onion soup he was eating, mouthed the words 'gently caress off' and then he gave me the finger twice with boths hands, then crossed the two fingers to make a cross and aimed it at me
Zil

Satanically Summoned Citrus

Percy Teatwillow posted:

at the end of May this year, I was an inch away from homelessness with no car and no job. I also ate once a day and dropped down to my lowest weight since middle school. this week, I got a good paying job that I actually really love. I also started walking three miles a day (not having a car sucks lol) and I’m looking noticeably better and feeling way happier/healthier. as of a half an hour ago, I officially have a (basically new) car again! it’s all a bit jarring that things are falling back into place so quickly, but I’m so incredibly stoked and thankful about it.

Hell yeah that is great news to hear. You should be really proud of it

Thanks to Dumb Sex-Parrot for the Christmas citrusy sig!

more falafel please posted:

just turn that impostor syndrome into "I'm Poster" syndrome

xcheopis

Percy Teatwillow posted:

:peanut:
That's awesome!

Stoner Sloth

Percy Teatwillow posted:

xcheopis posted:

:peanut:
That's awesome!

Escape From Noise

I have actually taken care of almost all the paperwork I needed to within a week of moving. Including the selling the car part.

Areola Grande

I have actually taken care of almost all the paperwork I needed to within a week of moving. Including the selling the car part.

paperwork is the worst. I'm glad that's behind ya bud

Escape From Noise

Areola Grande posted:

paperwork is the worst. I'm glad that's behind ya bud

I'm usually poo poo at it and Japan loves the paperwork.

Areola Grande

I've been playing Yakuza: like a dragon and ur assertion seems accurate. ever visited Yokohama?

Escape From Noise

Areola Grande posted:

I've been playing Yakuza: like a dragon and ur assertion seems accurate. ever visited Yokohama?

Years ago. I like it more than Tokyo, but I sorta hate Tokyo. Kawasaki is a cool city IMHO.

Escape From Noise

Apparently the real Yakuza city is Kita Kyushu, near Fukuoka. Fukuoka fuckin' slaps.

Areola Grande

home of the ninja I believe

(badly timed and questionable Kawasaki joke)

I'm too high to post let alone make jokes. see u in the goodnight thread :cheersbird:

Areola Grande fucked around with this message at 09:03 on Aug 21, 2021

Escape From Noise

Areola Grande posted:

home of the ninja I believe

Wasn't that Iga in Shiga? That's my understanding at least.

Randy Travesty

PHANTOM QUEEN

Apparently the real Yakuza city is Kita Kyushu, near Fukuoka. Fukuoka fuckin' slaps.

It fuckin DOES. Also another city from the games is Kabukichō, on which Kamurocho is based. Having spent a lot of time in Kabukichō, it's uhhhhhh seedy but not dangerous. I love it there. I have friends that live and work there.

Areola Grande

I meant the motorcycle :dadjoke:

Randy Travesty

PHANTOM QUEEN

Percy Teatwillow posted:

I'm really happy for you friend. You deserve all good things. :love:

Areola Grande

Percy Teatwillow posted:

Congrats. Excellent. What's the job (asking b/c I'm on that cruel cruel job hunt) :smithfrog:

Escape From Noise

Mormon Nailer posted:

It fuckin DOES. Also another city from the games is Kabukichō, on which Kamurocho is based. Having spent a lot of time in Kabukichō, it's uhhhhhh seedy but not dangerous. I love it there. I have friends that live and work there.

I have been there for a bit. Kabukicho is definitely an experience.

Randy Travesty

PHANTOM QUEEN

Yes

Escape From Noise

Ninja, survive

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Manifisto

Percy Teatwillow posted:

that's great to hear! hope good things keep coming your way.

ty nesamdoom!