Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Percy Teatwillow

let us go out this evening for pleasure, for the night is still young

Areola Grande posted:

Congrats. Excellent. What's the job (asking b/c I'm on that cruel cruel job hunt) :smithfrog:

I work as a production assistant for a company that makes custom apparel and gifts and stuff! my first week was mostly operating a UV printer to make keychains, coasters, ashtrays, all sorts of things. my best advice for the job hunt (it is indeed awful) is to apply like crazy to a large variety of jobs even if you’re not necessarily qualified for them? as long as you can bring a lot of related skills to the table, companies are pretty willing to train you to do whatever! also, indeed makes things a million times easier in terms of being able to submit a resume in just a few clicks. good luck with the job hunt friend!! what field are you trying to work in?

also thank you for the kind words everyone!!

THANK U Heather Papps !!

Gluehead posted:

i met snow at a restaurant once and i was like 'man, informer is a really good song!' and he just looked up from the bowl of french onion soup he was eating, mouthed the words 'gently caress off' and then he gave me the finger twice with boths hands, then crossed the two fingers to make a cross and aimed it at me
Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Areola Grande

it's a free country u pervs
self cross post from the trashed crew thread a moment ago

Areola Grande posted:

this evening, as a solution to my hot bedroom problem, I disassembled my $15 Lasko™ box fan and removed all dreadlock shaped dust wads and all other nasty poo poo. I do this erry summer

:asoiaf:

I know that doesn't seem like a big deal but it's so much more acceptable in here now :dbuddy:

Areola Grande

pls ignore my carrot experiment :sweatdrop:

Zil

Satanically Summoned Citrus

Areola Grande posted:

Nope, starting a thread about it

Thanks to Dumb Sex-Parrot for the Christmas citrusy sig!

more falafel please posted:

just turn that impostor syndrome into "I'm Poster" syndrome

Areola Grande

:froggonk:

Areola Grande

ANYWAYS haha. this weather sucks the big one am I right

Zil

I kid, I couldn't ignore a request from a fellow orb

Thanks to Dumb Sex-Parrot for the Christmas citrusy sig!

more falafel please posted:

just turn that impostor syndrome into "I'm Poster" syndrome

Areola Grande

Zil posted:

I kid, I couldn't ignore a request from a fellow orb

omg. WHEW!!!

:hfive: I won't forget ur loyalty Zil. Back 2 the TC thread we go! :nyan:

Areola Grande

just washed and dried these bedclothes. gonna sleep like a Roman emperor 2nite :histdowns:

felt fancy and tossed in a Great Value© dryer sheet. lavender breeze. nbd

Jinh

Areola Grande posted:

just washed and dried these bedclothes. gonna sleep like a Roman emperor 2nite :histdowns:

felt fancy and tossed in a Great Value© dryer sheet. lavender breeze. nbd

Lookin SO comfy. I can see why you're the champion of the good night thread

I got an Arby's roast buffalo chicken sandwich for lunch today, and only got a 4pc mozzarella sticks with it instead of a 6pc.

Areola Grande

Jinh posted:

Lookin SO comfy. I can see why you're the champion of the good night thread

I got an Arby's roast buffalo chicken sandwich for lunch today, and only got a 4pc mozzarella sticks with it instead of a 6pc.

I'm a fool 4 buffalo. was it any good or what

Jinh

Areola Grande posted:

I'm a fool 4 buffalo. was it any good or what

Moist as heck, and only 350 calories :yum:

Areola Grande

Jinh posted:

Moist as heck, and only 350 calories :yum:

I'ma go get one!

Jinh

Areola Grande posted:

I'ma go get one!
:hfive:

GODSPEED JOHN GLENN

I put my thumb up my bum and shut one eye, and my thumb blotted out the planet Earth.

I shaved my gigantic beard and big mustache and I am unhappy, but I am still tall and handsome

Areola Grande

GODSPEED JOHN GLENN posted:

I shaved my gigantic beard and big mustache and I am unhappy, but I am still tall and handsome

chin up, hoss

cruft

Jinh posted:

Started dieting at the end of March, and as of last Saturday I'm down 30 lbs even if I don't count the first month where I didn't have a scale.

You made this post on August 10.

That's only 5.6 pounds, but I'm still proud of it. Works out to 3%.

Jinh

cruft posted:

Only?? That's awesome work! Ahhhhh I'm happy to be an inspiration!

Manifisto

cruft posted:

yeah buddy good going! :byob1::hf::byob1:

ty nesamdoom!

cruft

Jinh posted:

Only??

Yeah, well, that bump up there was probably an anomaly due to me not having pooped in a couple days or something. So actually more like 3 pounds since the 10th, which is about 25% the slope your graph has. I just don't have as much data. I hope I'm able to keep this up for as long as you have!

GODSPEED JOHN GLENN

I put my thumb up my bum and shut one eye, and my thumb blotted out the planet Earth.

I was 175lbs last year, but I've been staying with my family to help take care of my parents and my brother and my mom shows love by cooking and now I'm 200lbs

:(

Jinh

cruft posted:

Yeah, well, that bump up there was probably an anomaly due to me not having pooped in a couple days or something. So actually more like 3 pounds since the 10th, which is about 25% the slope your graph has. I just don't have as much data. I hope I'm able to keep this up for as long as you have!

Poop weight is real lol. Water weight too. It sucks when the big weekly weigh-in morning comes and I know I'm still digesting a big dinner.

Don't worry about slope so much, my graph is super zoomed out. I also had a bump up at the start, and there was a period of about a month where I stayed exactly the same weight which was hell.

Every day at the start is a little bit of a struggle, but eventually you get disciplined, and after a while longer you can even start to get passionate about the process. This is the hardest and coolest thing I've ever done for myself, and I'm happy to see people wading into the waters with me :)

alexandriao

i got over my fear of all of the buttons and noodled in a tracker today

Escape From Noise

I am actually unpacking my stuff and getting the new apartment set up pretty quickly! The moving company is going to pick up the boxes from the move tomorrow, then I'll have space for a little pantry or something. I'll go to Nitori and look for something this weekend maybe.

Zil

I was a true homeowner today and replaced all the door knobs in my house. There was some trial and error involved with figuring out the right tool for the job. Also a few YouTube videos were watched, but it got done.

The knobs had been there since the house was built in '98 and were really starting to show their age.

xcheopis

Escape From Noise posted:

I am actually unpacking my stuff and getting the new apartment set up pretty quickly! The moving company is going to pick up the boxes from the move tomorrow, then I'll have space for a little pantry or something. I'll go to Nitori and look for something this weekend maybe.

Escape From Noise posted:

alexandriao posted:

i got over my fear of all of the buttons and noodled in a tracker today

I love BYOB success stories! :yayclod:

Fifteen years taking prescriptions
Now a shrink like, "I dunno, maybe get a kitten"

cruft

I posted this in the wrong flippin' thread. Sigh.

I think I may be able to keep this up indefinitely. Like, it doesn't feel like an effort at this point. So at some point I imagine I'll stop losing weight and settle somewhere, and, hopefully, just stay there. If that happened today I'd be in good shape.

In college I was 145 pounds, which was borderline underweight, but was encouraging given a history of anorexia. I recently topped out at 195, which is borderline overweight. Getting this right is difficult.

cruft fucked around with this message at 17:04 on Sep 7, 2021

xcheopis

cruft posted:

I posted this in the wrong flippin' thread. Sigh.

I think I may be able to keep this up indefinitely. Like, it doesn't feel like an effort at this point. So at some point I imagine I'll stop losing weight and settle somewhere, and, hopefully, just stay there. If that happened today I'd be in good shape.

In college I was 145 pounds, which was borderline underweight, but was encouraging given a history of anorexia. I recently topped out at 195, which is borderline overweight. Getting this right is difficult.

:peanut:

cruft

If this slope stays constant, then by Halloween 2024 I will vanish entirely from earth!

Apparently most of my weight loss is in the form of exhaled carbon. I now want to write a fairy tale about someone who slowly breathes out their entire body.

xcheopis

cruft posted:

If this slope stays constant, then by Halloween 2024 I will vanish entirely from earth!
Spooky!!!!

cruft posted:

Apparently most of my weight loss is in the form of exhaled carbon. I now want to write a fairy tale about someone who slowly breathes out their entire body.

Commonly known as "insects" :buddy:

Happy Hippo

The Something Awful Forums > The Finer Arts > Batman's Shameful Secret > BSS Derailed Thread: Spider-Island

i am probably the best galaga player in the mid-south

xcheopis

Happy Hippo posted:

i am probably the best galaga player in the mid-south

Do you do competitions and such?

Happy Hippo

The Something Awful Forums > The Finer Arts > Batman's Shameful Secret > BSS Derailed Thread: Spider-Island

xcheopis posted:

Do you do competitions and such?

no i am just guessing but im pretty good at those too

cruft

I have a really good relationship with my teenager, and have no idea how I achieved this.

Zil

cruft posted:

I have a really good relationship with my teenager, and have no idea how I achieved this.

Having a BYOB mindset probably helps a bit

cruft

Zil posted:

Having a BYOB mindset probably helps a bit

Well, maybe, but I think it's mostly just luck. I know wonderful people who've had very difficult relationships with their kids.

Zil

cruft posted:

Well, maybe, but I think it's mostly just luck. I know wonderful people who've had very difficult relationships with their kids.

I believe we make our own luck sometimes. You just made the right choices at pivotal moments, you deserve to be proud about that and shouldn't chalk it all up to luck.

Prurient Squid

Tiddy cat Buddha improving your day.
This is probably the last year I'll be overweight.

hot cocoa on the couch

100% DOG LOVER
ALL DOGS LOVED, ALL THE TIME

Zil posted:

I believe we make our own luck sometimes. You just made the right choices at pivotal moments, you deserve to be proud about that and shouldn't chalk it all up to luck.

this is very true, i often have the same feelings about my own kids, getting lucky with well behaved, happy, healthy kids who love me. but i have to remind myself that at some point(s) i did good things and made the right decisions too and helped them be that way, so i can "allow myself" to feel like a good father

it's actually fortuitous that this thread came up at this time, i have a brag that i can't really share in my life. my friends and family are all sort of struggling in their own ways, definitely all of them financially and some with stability, so i don't want to like, rub my successes in their face. but i just got a 10% raise and a bonus equal to 7% of my yearly salary at work, completely unprompted! i actually feel like i work for a good company with a boss who cares about us, it's a great feeling. feels so weird to be keeping this to myself (aside from one select friend who i told)

https://i.imgur.com/W7qTiB3.mp4

a LEGENDARY sig by the LEGENDARY LAP

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

nut

Areola Grande posted:

forget the carrot, u seem to be making an entire level for a 3rd person platformer game for ants