Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Zil

Satanically Summoned Citrus

I have successfully fought off my anxiety for another day. Was able to come back from a few steps from a panic attack and not have to be hospitalized. Amazing what weed and meditation can do.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Zil

Percy Teatwillow posted:

at the end of May this year, I was an inch away from homelessness with no car and no job. I also ate once a day and dropped down to my lowest weight since middle school. this week, I got a good paying job that I actually really love. I also started walking three miles a day (not having a car sucks lol) and I’m looking noticeably better and feeling way happier/healthier. as of a half an hour ago, I officially have a (basically new) car again! it’s all a bit jarring that things are falling back into place so quickly, but I’m so incredibly stoked and thankful about it.

life is looking up :)

Hell yeah that is great news to hear. You should be really proud of it

Thanks to Dumb Sex-Parrot for the Christmas citrusy sig!

more falafel please posted:

just turn that impostor syndrome into "I'm Poster" syndrome

Zil

Areola Grande posted:

pls ignore my carrot experiment :sweatdrop:

Nope, starting a thread about it

Zil

I kid, I couldn't ignore a request from a fellow orb

Zil

I was a true homeowner today and replaced all the door knobs in my house. There was some trial and error involved with figuring out the right tool for the job. Also a few YouTube videos were watched, but it got done.

The knobs had been there since the house was built in '98 and were really starting to show their age.

Zil

cruft posted:

I have a really good relationship with my teenager, and have no idea how I achieved this.

Having a BYOB mindset probably helps a bit

Zil

cruft posted:

Well, maybe, but I think it's mostly just luck. I know wonderful people who've had very difficult relationships with their kids.

I believe we make our own luck sometimes. You just made the right choices at pivotal moments, you deserve to be proud about that and shouldn't chalk it all up to luck.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Zil

I rescued a dog that had gotten loose and returned it to it's owner. I feel great for not ignoring it like so many other neighbors had been and helping the dog home.