Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Lily Catts
Oct 17, 2012

Show me the way to you
(Heavy Metal)
I peeked their singles record and they're even at 2 wins, 2 losses, and 1 time limit draw, I guess Eita has the slight advantage having defended the Dream Gate title, but also Kzy as Dr. Muscle beat him to win the vacant Brave Gate title back in 2015... I don't think that era of Kzy was particularly well-liked from what I've heard from OTVG (as an aside, when did Kzy start getting real over? Was there a particular match or show where the switch flipped?)

Always want Kzy to win but if they're building up Yoshioka then he's not gonna win lol

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Dimebags Brain
Feb 18, 2013

Kzy was always good but he spent most of his early career as the resident loss post for the heel unit until he joined Hulk's Dia.Hearts in 2015. The Dr. Muscle reveal was part of his repackage if I recall correctly. He spent his time in Dia.Hearts as the loss post again, but in the 4v4v4 Unit Disbands match between Verserk/Monster Express/Dia.Hearts in 2016, he was the last man in Dia.Hearts and that was the start of his build to the main event, culminating in his first Dream Gate challenge against Mochizuki in 2018, after which he left Tribe Vanguard and formed the first iteration of Natural Vibes.

sticklefifer
Nov 11, 2003

by VideoGames
Brave Gate Kzy was when he really started standing out for me, but I don't think he peaked until he started leading Vibes. He's one of those guys who just keeps getting better.

Bonk
Aug 4, 2002

Douche Baggins
Ben-K is the next excursion announced for October. Wondering if HxE is splitting before then since YAMATO's going too. Most units can get by without a couple guys for a few months, but they'll be down to just DK & Kagetora at that point.

I also noticed last night that this weekend's Gamma retirement show is advertising a K-ness appearance. No way he's actually wrestling but it'll be interesting to see if it's more than just a quick cameo.

sticklefifer
Nov 11, 2003

by VideoGames
8/7 @ Nagoya (house show):
① 8-man: M3K vs YAMATO/DKid/Ultimo/Hijo del Santo
② Single: Eita vs KAI
③ 6-Man: D'courage/Kikuta vs Kzy/U-T/Shimizu

Weird that the best places to see the excursions seem to be... San Francisco and New Jersey?

On a thread & personal note: I'm having fairly complex surgery for a chronic condition right around Dangerous Gate. I was on a waiting list that got pushed even further back over the pandemic, but a spot finally opened up and we're still finalizing the exact date. Which is awesome, but I'm also going to be laid up for a while and I'm not sure how my time is going to shake out with recovery, PT, additional procedures and all that. So the OP is probably not going to be quite as current for a while and I likely won't be posting show links as frequently. I'll update when I can, but after late September-ish it'll be pretty sporadic. Or someone can just make a new thread at that point if I'm that out of commission.

sticklefifer fucked around with this message at 09:51 on Aug 9, 2022

Bonk
Aug 4, 2002

Douche Baggins
drat, that's intense, hopefully positive news though! I don't think anyone would fault you for falling behind after that. Thanks for keeping it all current in here up to now, DG has always been extremely my poo poo. LMK if you can't keep up and I could possibly maintain it depending on how much free time I have in the fall.

Dimebags Brain
Feb 18, 2013

No worries Sticklefifer, take all the time you need. Hope everything goes alright and smoothly. Appreciate all the work you put into making this thread cool and informative.

forkboy84
Jun 13, 2012

Corgis love bread. And Puro

sticklefifer posted:

8/7 @ Nagoya (house show):
① 8-man: M3K vs YAMATO/DKid/Ultimo/Hijo del Santo
② Single: Eita vs KAI
③ 6-Man: D'courage/Kikuta vs Kzy/U-T/Shimizu

Weird that the best places to see the excursions seem to be... San Francisco and New Jersey?

On a thread & personal note: I'm having fairly complex surgery for a chronic condition right around Dangerous Gate. I was on a waiting list that got pushed even further back over the pandemic, but a spot finally opened up and we're still finalizing the exact date. Which is awesome, but I'm also going to be laid up for a while and I'm not sure how my time is going to shake out with recovery, PT, additional procedures and all that. So the OP is probably not going to be quite as current for a while and I likely won't be posting show links as frequently. I'll update when I can, but after late September-ish it'll be pretty sporadic. Or someone can just make a new thread at that point if I'm that out of commission.

You take care of yourself.

Alaois
Feb 7, 2012

stay safe, stick!

sticklefifer
Nov 11, 2003

by VideoGames
Thanks for the positive (Natural :v:) vibes, goons. I'm not terribly worried, I'm in good hands. It's just gonna take up the next chunk of my life so it's more annoying than anything else.

But enough about my problems, it's a Korakuen night!

Ishin Iihashi vs Mochizuki Junior
-Match requested by Ishin (not sure why, maybe they're finally doing something with him)

Open the Dream Gate #1 Contender Match
Kzy vs Eita
-The winner will challenger Yuki Yoshioka on 9.19 at DANGEROUS GATE 2022

I'll update the card if I'm up late, but so far it's just these announced. I hope they go back to announcing full cards soon.

forkboy84
Jun 13, 2012

Should be able to catch today's show live. Which will be the first time in a while.

sticklefifer
Nov 11, 2003

by VideoGames
Full card:

① 6 Man: YAMATO/Kagetora/Ben-K vs Shimizu/JFK/Jason Lee (free)
② Singles: Takashi Yoshida vs Ryu Fuda
③ Tag: U-T/SMJ vs Arai/Yosuke
④ 6 Man: M2K vs DKid/Fujii/Genki
⑤ Singles: Ishin Iihashi vs Mochizuki Junior
⑥ Tag: Minoura/Minorita vs Kondo/Kikuta
⑦ 10 Man: Ultimo/Santo/Dia/Yoshioka/HoHo vs KAI/BxB/HYO/Shun/Diamante
⑧ Dream Gate #1 Contender: Kzy vs Eita

forkboy84
Jun 13, 2012

sticklefifer posted:

Full card:

① 6 Man: YAMATO/Kagetora/Ben-K vs Shimizu/JFK/Jason Lee (free)
② Singles: Takashi Yoshida vs Ryu Fuda
③ Tag: U-T/SMJ vs Arai/Yosuke
④ 6 Man: M2K vs DKid/Fujii/Genki
⑤ Singles: Ishin Iihashi vs Mochizuki Junior
⑥ Tag: Minoura/Minorita vs Kondo/Kikuta
⑦ 10 Man: Ultimo/Santo/Dia/Yoshioka/HoHo vs KAI/BxB/HYO/Shun/Diamante
⑧ Dream Gate #1 Contender: Kzy vs Eita

Thanks for that.

HoHo in the co-main tickles me

Bonk
Aug 4, 2002

Douche Baggins
I'll catch the Korakuen show tomorrow, but holy poo poo SBK was just added to the Prestige show where YAMATO was already announced, so I grabbed tickets the second I saw it. I don't care if I have to drive all the way down to Portland, I've been itching for a road trip anyway.

I will flip the gently caress out if they also book Shun, but I haven't seen any west coast dates for him yet.

sticklefifer
Nov 11, 2003

by VideoGames
https://twitter.com/KVR216/status/1557307375257882624

Win or loss, that made Fuda look awesome. His strikes are killer.

sticklefifer fucked around with this message at 11:16 on Aug 10, 2022

sticklefifer
Nov 11, 2003

by VideoGames
:lol: Jae referencing Dominik Mysterio as Eddie Guerrero's son

Whoa, this rookie match rules

ISHINRIKI WHAT

:hellyeah: Yoshida back on English comms

sticklefifer fucked around with this message at 11:55 on Aug 10, 2022

sticklefifer
Nov 11, 2003

by VideoGames
https://twitter.com/KVR216/status/1557318230900883456

https://twitter.com/KVR216/status/1557322836200628224

:stare:

Glad someone's giffing this show, some good stuff tonight.

sticklefifer fucked around with this message at 12:08 on Aug 10, 2022

forkboy84
Jun 13, 2012

sticklefifer posted:

:lol: Jae referencing Dominik Mysterio as Eddie Guerrero's son

Whoa, this rookie match rules

ISHINRIKI WHAT

:hellyeah: Yoshida back on English comms

Hell yeah Yoshida

forkboy84
Jun 13, 2012

Unrelated to the ongoing match, but if someone made a compilation match that was just every rana variation of Dragon Kid's carrier I would watch it from beginning to end & then rewatch it right away. Just so insanely graceful

sticklefifer
Nov 11, 2003

by VideoGames
El Hijo del Santa Claus lmao

forkboy84
Jun 13, 2012

That's why he's the big brain

forkboy84
Jun 13, 2012

Maybe antagonising Santo was a lousy idea from the Big Brain?

sticklefifer
Nov 11, 2003

by VideoGames
Santo/NOSAWA apuestas in NOAH maybe? Weird but OK

forkboy84
Jun 13, 2012

sticklefifer posted:

Santo/NOSAWA apuestas in NOAH maybe? Weird but OK
Very weird

sticklefifer
Nov 11, 2003

by VideoGames
Kzy

Sounds like Perros are done in DG, per Jae's commentary.

sticklefifer fucked around with this message at 12:48 on Aug 10, 2022

forkboy84
Jun 13, 2012

sticklefifer posted:

Kzy

Sounds like Perros are done in DG, per Jae's commentary.

Just bring back Kotaro Suzuki, he's good

sticklefifer
Nov 11, 2003

by VideoGames
Really fun show top to bottom. Not huge on plot advancements but planting a lot of seeds, which makes sense for post-Kobe.

forkboy84
Jun 13, 2012

sticklefifer posted:

Really fun show top to bottom. Not huge on plot advancements but planting a lot of seeds, which makes sense for post-Kobe.

I did expect a bit more from Kzy Eita.

sticklefifer
Nov 11, 2003

by VideoGames
I like that the show seemed a lot more future-focused. Fuda, Ishin, Junior, and Kikuta all have something to do now, and Nagano's debuting at the Fukuoka show.

Bonk
Aug 4, 2002

Douche Baggins
Really fun Kork! I felt like Eita/Kzy ramped up at the end, but yeah, not their best outing.

And once again Yoshida is effortlessly hilarious on commentary. Turning him into a lovable buffoon is hands down the best thing they've ever done with him.

[edit] OP asked me on discord if I wanted to make a new post-Kobe World thread since they're out of commission, so I'mma make a new post-Kobe World thread:
https://forums.somethingawful.com/showthread.php?threadid=4009769

Bonk fucked around with this message at 09:02 on Aug 12, 2022

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Dimebags Brain
Feb 18, 2013

drat, this Ishin/Mochizuki Jr match whips. That jumping knee/hurricane kick combo is great. I love when DG rookies get salty at each other, always leads to great stuff.