Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Sphyre
Jun 14, 2001

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MtKSbYJFxMc

Sphyre has issued a correction as of 03:33 on Jul 30, 2023

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

SMILLENNIALSMILLEN
Jun 26, 2009

i like bikes i like these videos of people riding bikes in cities

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RbCzWRnKCaI

smarxist
Jul 26, 2018

by Fluffdaddy
what about cool cars OP?

Sphyre
Jun 14, 2001

SMILLENNIALSMILLEN posted:

i like bikes i like these videos of people riding bikes in cities

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RbCzWRnKCaI

oh my god this rules. bikes/other superior forms of transportation (trains!)/how we might design our cities to use these forms of transportation posts welcome

smarxist posted:

what about cool cars OP?

hmm looks like a dumb piece of poo poo that sucks rear end

Mayor Dave
Feb 20, 2009

Bernie the Snow Clown
there's no such thing as a cool car

crush car culture

Populon
Mar 1, 2008

What's the matter,scared?

Mayor Dave posted:

crush car culture

What about the one from madmax fury road with the flamethrower guitar guy?

Mayor Dave
Feb 20, 2009

Bernie the Snow Clown

Populon posted:

What about the one from madmax fury road with the flamethrower guitar guy?

iirc that car ends up crushed by the end of the movie so yes

Boywhiz88
Sep 11, 2005

floating 26" off da ground. BURR!
Got into a shouting match w an idiot who couldn’t handle that cars are legally obligated to stop for pedestrians inside crosswalks. Their final point was “let cars do what they want” to which I responded as loudly as possible “Cars can suck my dick!”

I loving hate cars and motorists. People freak out if you’re going the speed limit in a dense residential neighborhood. Or on the highway/freeway! 70MPH in a 55MPH? Not enough! Gotta go faster.

The environmental cost and destruction aside, I hate cars for what they do to a person’s perception of the world.

exmarx
Feb 18, 2012

The experience over the years
of nothing getting better
only worse.

exmarx
Feb 18, 2012

The experience over the years
of nothing getting better
only worse.

TURN IT OFF!
Dec 26, 2012
What about Optimus Prime?

Pener Kropoopkin
Jan 30, 2013

I don't like cars. They're fast, smelly & irritating - and they go everywhere.

Not like you.

Ardennes
May 12, 2002
It is rather impressive how cars murdered Los Angeles multiple times over. I don't know if there has been one invention (I am including nukes) that skull hosed a civilization into the ground much as the voom voom.

Pooky
Aug 29, 2004

I post fox news so u don't have to 💋
When I walk to my local merchant for essential goods every 5-10 seconds guaranteed death flies by me. 5 feet differentiates my causal walk and sudden obliteration.

You might ask why I don't choose another path? It's simple; they also have dire consequences. Whether shot or arrested the other, private paths are ultimately not any safer.

This is how humans have always lived and it will never be different.

Brrrmph
Feb 27, 2016

Слава Україні!
I have a car. Public transportation around the Twin Cities is inadequate. If I took buses to work it would take about 80 minutes each way vs. a 20 minute drive each way.

But at least during the pandemic I’ve driven significantly less, at one point taking the insurance off my car and not touching it for six months.

Adjectivist Philosophy
Oct 6, 2003

When you gaze long into an abyss, the abyss also gazes into you.

Adjectivist Philosophy has issued a correction as of 12:17 on Aug 8, 2021

Colonel Cancer
Sep 26, 2015

Tune into the fireplace channel, you absolute buffoon
Cars are trash hth

grate deceiver
Jul 10, 2009

Just a funny av. Not a redtext or an own ok.

Mayor Dave posted:

oh yeah, then how do you explain this

Colonel Cancer
Sep 26, 2015

Tune into the fireplace channel, you absolute buffoon
Tanks are a type of car, trains too :thunk:

sat on my keys!
Oct 2, 2014

It loving rules that you can be such a brain dead moron as to do something like this and not even lose your license or get your loving SUV impounded.

Buck Turgidson
Feb 6, 2011

𓀬𓀠𓀟𓀡𓀢𓀣𓀤𓀥𓀞𓀬
i hate the unimaginative, disconnected and too often self-interested planning decisions that make cars the default and sometimes only realistic option for doing poo poo

i was unwell recently and had to go get tested for covid. Well they shut down all the walk-in testing for symptomatic cases near me, and I didn't have access to a car at the time, so I had to drag myself out of bed, mask up and ride a bike like 7 kilometres to the nearest site all while feeling like absolute poo poo

the official advice if you needed a test but didn't have walk-in sites near you? Ask a clinic. I called the clinic and they didn't know what to do, but suggested getting a lift off someone. During a pandemic.

the sex ghost
Sep 6, 2009
I have never read a single book and will never read any articles or theory. What is the accepted lefty position on car ownership and private transport in general. Is it submitting an application to the department of motor vehicles outlining why you need a car and getting one loaned to you on a case by case basis. Would the state be responsible for the maintenance of said vehicles. Will I get to have a go in a Yugo because that would be extremely cool.

I like cars but I also like public transport. Not sure of the best way to start reducing the number of privately owned cars but a good place to start would be to make the driving test more difficult and make people retake it every couple of years or so

Gorson
Aug 29, 2014

Private jets have to go before cars. People use cars to get to work because they don't have options.

K9
May 6, 2007

i hate cars too op

K9
May 6, 2007

Colonel Cancer posted:

Cars are trash hth

K9
May 6, 2007

Mayor Dave posted:

crush car culture

Brrrmph
Feb 27, 2016

Слава Україні!

Gorson posted:

Private jets have to go before cars. People use cars to get to work because they don't have options.

It’s this. The poor and middle class have finite mobility. You’re lucky to find a job close by and, if it’s not, no one is going to move to live 15 miles closer to a job that could let them go at any moment.

C-SPAN Caller
Apr 21, 2010

I get eternally honked at, and enjoy it every day

Yes I am going to use the roads as they were designed, i took a dumbass college degree that involved classes on them, i will use them correctly

and that means if people are lining up like dumbasses but there are two lanes to exit, I will take the other lane to the very end and merge at that very end rather then wait in a dumb queue, i will also do this in construction sites lane mergers

yes i will use this lane intended to get my car to speed of traffic, sorry if it scares you that I'm not waiting on your rear end and plan to either merge ahead or behind you

yes i am going to keep a large amount of space before me during rush hour, because sudden breaking is possible and it helps to unfurl congestion by meaning i don't have to go to a complete stop all the drat time, thus increasing flow of traffic and working out traffic snakes

gently caress motorists

donoteat
Sep 13, 2011

Loot at all this bullshit.
Who lets something like this happen?

smarxist posted:

what about cool cars OP?

i like cool cars

cool cars work better when there are fewer cars overall on the road

to make room for cool cars we should replace uncool cars with buses and trains

Peragus
Sep 13, 2011

wish i lived in a city with good public transportation

instead i have to drive a giant hot box murder machine to get anywhere

etalian
Mar 20, 2006

I bought a segway Ninebot e scooter last year...

Yup it's pretty much the most shameful form of personal transport out there and all the neighborhood dogs seem to hate it.

Dreylad
Jun 19, 2001
you'll take my 2001 camry from my cold dead hands

no youre a liberal
Mar 28, 2009

our future
car dependent suburban sprawl in the US will be its undoing as cars continue suffocate the environment and as municipalities collapse under the debt burden associated with their super inefficient infrastructure

Grevling
Dec 18, 2016

Cars also make a lot of noise, and people put sound systems in them so they can make even more noise when I'm trying to sleep. Death to cars.

Notorious R.I.M.
Jan 27, 2004

up to my ass in alligators
cars are an excellent way to imprison old people in their suburban mcmansions

Notorious R.I.M.
Jan 27, 2004

smarxist posted:

what about cool cars OP?

set it on fire

Notorious R.I.M.
Jan 27, 2004

grate deceiver posted:

oh yeah, then how do you explain this

this one too

Charles 2 of Spain
Nov 7, 2017

I haven't driven in over ten years it's great

mastershakeman
Oct 28, 2008

by vyelkin
Cars are useless. Embrace the future of nothing but crew cab trucks with short beds. Get em in hybrid, Ecoboost 4 cylinder, giant V8, or electric

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Larry Parrish
Jul 9, 2012

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
i like driving op. although i feel for the people stupid enough to live in a place like a suburb where you have the crowded and annoying parts of being in a city and the need to drive everywhere like rural places like where I live. they probably hate it with good reason