Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

go for a stroll
Sep 10, 2003

you'll never make it out alive

Pillbug
It makes sense that after a whole generation drove suvs to avoid being seen in minivans we had to stick a 2 foot bed on them so the next generation could avoid being seen in suvs

crush them all imo

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Bored Online
May 25, 2009

We don't need Rome telling us what to do.
i have a car

bvj191jgl7bBsqF5m
Apr 16, 2017

Í̝̰ ͓̯̖̫̹̯̤A҉m̺̩͝ ͇̬A̡̮̞̠͚͉̱̫ K̶e͓ǵ.̻̱̪͖̹̟̕
I like to roll down my windows and turn up my music when driving so that people on the sidewalk can appreciate my taste in music whenever I drive by. I think that some of them would like to know the name of the band I'm listening to, so they can listen too.

Victory Position
Mar 16, 2004

bvj191jgl7bBsqF5m posted:

I like to roll down my windows and turn up my music when driving so that people on the sidewalk can appreciate my taste in music whenever I drive by. I think that some of them would like to know the name of the band I'm listening to, so they can listen too.

I like to do this with grindcore, but yesterday was The B-52's Bouncing Off the Satellites

Brrrmph
Feb 27, 2016

Слава Україні!
You need a car to go through a drive thru.

miniscule12
Jan 8, 2020

HAHA YEAH HE PEED IN HIS OWN MOUTH I'M GONNA KEEP BRINGING IT UP.

the consequences of the automobile have been a disaster for humanity

Brrrmph
Feb 27, 2016

Слава Україні!
Take the light rail Dale!! Nooo

lobster shirt
Jun 14, 2021

so much faster to actually go into a restaurant vs drive through like 95% of the time it feels like, plus their ac keeps you cool rather than wasting your cars gas sitting there like an rear end in a top hat

Boywhiz88
Sep 11, 2005

floating 26" off da ground. BURR!
https://fashionableidiotsrecords.bandcamp.com/track/kill-everyone-who-drives

I identify w this song way more these days. Like. Drivers are rear end in a top hat to everyone. Pedestrians, cyclists, other motorists. It doesnt matter!!! gently caress CARS

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

Brrrmph posted:

You need a car to go through a drive thru.

this really grinds my gears. in March 2020 the BK down the street let people walk up to the drive through window to order but by june that policy was cancelled again. dafuq. the window is right there, just let me grab a chicken sandwich Bro.

Elephanthead
Sep 11, 2008

Toilet Rascal

In Training posted:

this really grinds my gears. in March 2020 the BK down the street let people walk up to the drive through window to order but by june that policy was cancelled again. dafuq. the window is right there, just let me grab a chicken sandwich Bro.

cut out a cardboard motorcycle

Victory Position
Mar 16, 2004

In Training posted:

sometimes I'm on my bike and I want a Frozen Coke

go for a stroll
Sep 10, 2003

Pillbug
if you go to the burgerville on hawthorne in spandex they'll give you a burger just to get you out of the drive thru

Aglet56
Sep 1, 2011
i go running a lot and guess what? i hate cyclists too :evilbuddy:

Crazypoops
Jul 17, 2017

The only cars I liked were in midnight club dub edition and it's a loving crime that series was poo poo canned by rockstar

Cloks
Feb 1, 2013

by Azathoth
cars are a gently caress

Mayor Dave
Feb 20, 2009

Bernie the Snow Clown
Car-Dependent Society and Its Future

Edmund Sparkler
Jul 4, 2003
For twelve years, you have been asking: Who is John Galt? This is John Galt speaking. I am the man who loves his life. I am the man who does not sacrifice his love or his values. I am the man who has deprived you of victims and thus has destroyed your world, and if you wish to know why you are peris

I'm a lot happier since I started working from home and stopped driving. I enjoy working on cars as a hobby and I have nice looking E46 and a couple other cars. Cars are fun to work on and make look nice but they're an expensive headache to rely on for daily transportation and most cars are boring as poo poo so there's even less fun to be had.

I'm lucky though, because I live in a small city of ~50,000 people and everything I need is within about a mile of my house.

lobster shirt
Jun 14, 2021

here is a great essay about why cars are bad and why we gotta get rid of em: http://unevenearth.org/2018/08/the-social-ideology-of-the-motorcar/

ClassActionFursuit
Mar 15, 2006

I like cars and will never use public transportation. The world is entirely designed around my point of view and therefore I find anyone complaining about cars to be silly, like we're just going to abandon all the infrastructure built in the last hundred years so we can walk everywhere (or even more crazy, use a bicycle lmao)

eager to read a lot people complaining about cars tho

Bideo James
Oct 21, 2020

you'll have to ask someone else about the size of her cans
i cant drive anymore, i stopped driving in 2015 full time and used bicycles as my main transportation after that, trains when needed

i still have my car

it doesnt make me happy

Blackhawk
Nov 15, 2004

I would hate to live so far away from where I worked that I couldn't cycle commute, but I also wish I had a viable public transport option for those days where I was too tired to ride or had to carry something heavy.

Sphyre
Jun 14, 2001

lobster shirt posted:

here is a great essay about why cars are bad and why we gotta get rid of em: http://unevenearth.org/2018/08/the-social-ideology-of-the-motorcar/

yes! i was looking for this earlier for the goon who asked about leftist perspectives on cars earlier. a required cspam read imo.

Mayor Dave
Feb 20, 2009

Bernie the Snow Clown

go for a stroll posted:

if you go to the burgerville on hawthorne in spandex they'll give you a burger just to get you out of the drive thru

Ride the bus, there are a bunch of routes down Hawthorne, burgerville is like a 5 minute walk from the streetcar stop too

mazzi Chart Czar
Sep 24, 2005
"My city is not Detroit"

Narrator: every city is Detroit.
https://youtu.be/Em7nqDqQ8oM?t=1193

Gatta Love Stroads
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OZ1HhLq-Huo

The Taco John story
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AGxni1c-klM

Ardennes
May 12, 2002

Mayor Dave posted:

Ride the bus, there are a bunch of routes down Hawthorne, burgerville is like a 5 minute walk from the streetcar stop too

Portland has a Potemkin transportation system: Max lines usually don't go anywhere useful, the Streetcar goes around 10 miles an hour, and most buses come every half an hour at best. It isn't LA bad, but I think most people like its "concept" of a transportation system rather than the one that exists.

Anyway, thankfully, it seems like most of the rest of the world is reversing course. Once you get out of North America (especially one country in particular), things usually get a lot better.

Ardennes has issued a correction as of 00:07 on Aug 9, 2021

go for a stroll
Sep 10, 2003

Pillbug

Mayor Dave posted:

burgerville is strictly for gorging on the way home after a long ride, it wasn't a hypothetical

Palladium
May 8, 2012

Very Good
✔️✔️✔️✔️
Keeping a car in lane is like the most basic of driving skills and yet 10% of people fail at it from everytime I go on the road, not to mention the other road hoggers, tailgaters and other assorted idiots who think signal lights don't exist

Palladium has issued a correction as of 01:57 on Aug 9, 2021

1982 Subaru Brat
Feb 2, 2007

by Athanatos
i enjoy putzing around backroads and small towns for literally no reason. cars are also good if you need to move a large thing.

other than that, replacing light rail with freeways is easily the worst domestic policy in american history

Farm Frenzy
Jan 3, 2007

excited for this thread to turn completely loving psycho in about three pages

lobster shirt
Jun 14, 2021

i think its going to be a good thread

Number_6
Jul 23, 2006

BAN ALL GAS GUZZLERS

(except for mine)
Pillbug
I love cars

It's people that are the problem

Ardennes
May 12, 2002
I would say it is much more about politics (if not political economy) than anything else, lovely drivers are simply the result of poor policy.

indigi
Jul 20, 2004

how can we not talk about family
when family's all that we got?

Number_6 posted:

I love cars

It's people that are the problem

cars dont run over people, people run over people

Gabagool
Jul 20, 2020

should require a CDL to drive anything larger than a minivan, driving tests should be much harder as well. also big roads should have train tracks plopped right in the middle of them

Forseti
May 26, 2001
To the lovenasium!

Gabagool posted:

should require a CDL to drive anything larger than a minivan, driving tests should be much harder as well. also big roads should have train tracks plopped right in the middle of them

nah it's pretty cool that we let people tow around 20k lbs without knowing what the gently caress tongue weight is

Car Hater
May 7, 2007

wolf. bike.
Wolf. Bike.
Wolf! Bike!
WolfBike!
WolfBike!
ARROOOOOO!
I have been summoned!

Detroit (my home) justly suffers! Justly! for the sins our ancestors unleashed on the world. To this day a legion of engineers are hard at work in what should be a swamp, bringing about yet more evil. If there were any justice, it would be the first place to be cleansed by nuclear armageddon. Woe to it, and woe to us.

Sphyre
Jun 14, 2001

drat thats a good rear end username

Xaris
Jul 25, 2006

Lucky there's a family guy
Lucky there's a man who positively can do
All the things that make us
Laugh and cry
cars freaking own. i getta go fast, a nice bubble of air conditioning, and helps me get to work on time. only noobs and rubes dont drive

it's beautiful, this is man in our peak human habitat. suck it all those art deco transhumanity turn of the century fuckers

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

err
Apr 11, 2005

I carry my own weight no matter how heavy this shit gets...

Bored Online posted:

i have a car

hosed up