Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Petanque
Apr 14, 2008

Ca va bien aller

Zodium posted:

saw a bumblebee that got run over by a car somehow. time to destroyu them (cars)

how could shockwave do this

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

silicone thrills
Jan 9, 2008

I paint things
I saw a bumblebee out yesterday :unsmith:

Platystemon
Feb 13, 2012

BREADS

Fitzy Fitz posted:

Cars are outgrowing the nation's guardrail infrastructure (they plow right through them), and no one wants to take responsibility for it. Our total lack of political will or vision will probably leave us with a lazy, taxpayer-funded piecemeal overhaul to accommodate everyone's personal monster truck.

https://slate.com/business/2024/02/car-safety-guardrails-bloat-electric-vehicles.html

We need to meet people where they are.

Guardrails are the scarlet letter of our roadways.

The harm-reduction approach is to remove all guardrails. This will increase #healthequity.

Precambrian Video Games
Aug 19, 2002

my bony fealty posted:

what will be the first consumer car to break the 10,000 lb barrier

I think the F-150 Lightning can get up to 7000 pounds so if a burly retired football player and three of the boys get in while packing some lumber in the bed, it'll be close.

Trabisnikof
Dec 24, 2005

Precambrian Video Games posted:

I think the F-150 Lightning can get up to 7000 pounds so if a burly retired football player and three of the boys get in while packing some lumber in the bed, it'll be close.

the hummer ev has a curb weight of 9,640 lbs

quote:

The GMC Hummer EV is over twice the weight of an average American car, and the Insurance Institute for Highway Safety had to perform checks to ensure their equipment could handle its mass before crash testing it, since it weighs around 3,500 pounds (1,600 kg) more than the heaviest vehicle they had previously tested

Electro-Boogie Jack
Nov 22, 2006
bagger mcguirk sent me.

err posted:

That Renton 18 year old that killed 3 kids and a mom:
https://x.com/JeremyHarrisTV/status/1771675642335052070?s=20

it remains very crazy that you can smash car after car into poo poo all day every day 24/7 and there's no mechanism to stop this dude from doing it again. force his parents to install 2fa on all the rest of their cars and have the cars refuse to turn on if this guy is anywhere near it. force his parents to install speed governors on their cars so they can't exceed the speed limit. blacklist the entire fam from owning/operating motor vehicles. something, anything, other than letting him keep it up until he vaporizes an entire family

Xaris
Jul 25, 2006

Lucky there's a family guy
Lucky there's a man who positively can do
All the things that make us
Laugh and cry
I haven’t seen a bumblebee in like 8 years

Microplastics
Jul 6, 2007

:discourse:
It's what's for dinner.

Smythe posted:

been a long time since I seen a bumble bee

Have you checked the tarmac?

aw frig aw dang it
Jun 1, 2018

I see them all the time. skill issue

Mr. Sharps
Jul 30, 2006

The only true law is that which leads to freedom. There is no other.

aw frig aw dang it posted:

I see them all the time. skill issue

robber fly posting

leftist heap
Feb 28, 2013

Fun Shoe
where yall live that there aren't any bumblebees. go find some flowers

Microplastics
Jul 6, 2007

It's what's for dinner.
I see bumble bees, flying around like regular bees. They don't see each other. They only see what they want to see. They don't know they're bumble

I see them all the time

HashtagGirlboss
Jan 4, 2005

leftist heap posted:

where yall live that there aren't any bumblebees. go find some flowers

They’re still dormant in a lot of the country maybe you forgot that seasons are a thing?

aw frig aw dang it
Jun 1, 2018

I'm looking at one right now. and it... called me a slur (gendered). problematic

Smythe
Oct 12, 2003

silicone thrills posted:

I saw a bumblebee out yesterday :unsmith:

nice

Smythe
Oct 12, 2003
one time at school there was this big beetle type bug flying around scaring people and this Latina chick walked up, grabbed it, tied a string around it, and flew it like a kite. craziest thing I’ve ever seen. she said they just do this in Mexico. it’s normal.

Smythe
Oct 12, 2003

Microplastics posted:

I see bumble bees, flying around like regular bees. They don't see each other. They only see what they want to see. They don't know they're bumble

I see them all the time

lot to unpack here

leftist heap
Feb 28, 2013

Fun Shoe

HashtagGirlboss posted:

They’re still dormant in a lot of the country maybe you forgot that seasons are a thing?

They go dormant for 8 years at a time?

Sphyre
Jun 14, 2001

you kids wanna see a bumblebee

Pf. Hikikomoriarty
Feb 15, 2003

RO YNSHO

Slippery Tilde

Smythe posted:

one time at school there was this big beetle type bug flying around scaring people and this Latina chick walked up, grabbed it, tied a string around it, and flew it like a kite. craziest thing I’ve ever seen. she said they just do this in Mexico. it’s normal.

that rules holy poo poo

spiritual bypass
Feb 19, 2008

Grimey Drawer

Smythe posted:

people do this with cicadas in the us

Real hurthling!
Sep 11, 2001

Smythe posted:

my italian grandpa would grab freshly molted cicadas off the side of his garage while they were drying their wings and tie string to them and give them to me and the cicada would finish drying on my t shirt and then fly in a circle around me on the string for a while until we let him go.
once we used dental floss.

Salt Fish
Sep 11, 2003

Cybernetic Crumb

Real hurthling! posted:

my italian grandpa would grab freshly molted cicadas off the side of his garage while they were drying their wings and tie string to them and give them to me and the cicada would finish drying on my t shirt and then fly in a circle around me on the string for a while until we let him go.

Great and now all the bugs are going extinct. Thanks a lot.

Zodium
Jun 19, 2004

Xaris posted:

I haven’t seen a bumblebee in like 8 years

lots of bumblebees here. love them.

Smythe
Oct 12, 2003

spiritual bypass posted:

people do this with cicadas in the us

Real hurthling! posted:

so it appears! amazing!

FirstnameLastname
Jul 10, 2022

got me 50 ounces out a bird in this bitch

Zodium posted:

lots of bumblebees here. love them.

if you love them so much why don't you marry them

Pittsburgh Fentanyl Cloud
Apr 7, 2003

Real hurthling! posted:

The Italians are a cruel, evil people

Zodium
Jun 19, 2004

FirstnameLastname posted:

if you love them so much why don't you marry them

i'm spoken for, but there is room in my heart for bumblebees

MortLansky
Dec 17, 2014

I met this dude in real life over fifteen years ago and I love seeing him online still. His wife is a bitch though. Hope you're alright, "myrtyr"

Apr 7, 2003

MortLansky posted:

I met this dude in real life over fifteen years ago and I love seeing him online still. His wife is a bitch though. Hope you're alright, "myrtyr"

Did you kiss him

lobster shirt
Jun 14, 2021

you did

Apr 7, 2003

If I met him I might have

gradenko_2000
Oct 5, 2010

HELL SERPENT
Lipstick Apathy

Smythe posted:

We used to catch beetles, put them in matchboxes, and then make them fight each other and took bets on who would win.

Mister Speaker
May 8, 2007

WE WILL CONTROL
ALL THAT YOU SEE
AND HEAR

gradenko_2000 posted:

We used to catch beetles, put them in matchboxes, and then make them fight each other and took bets on who would win.

We did this too but with any bug we could find. The reigning champ for a while was a huge green caterpillar we called SENSICO. He died and someone brought him back to life by blowing blunt smoke on him. In retrospect I feel terrible for abusing bugs like that but in the moment in tenth grade man, we were kings.

Mr. Sharps
Jul 30, 2006

The only true law is that which leads to freedom. There is no other.

Mister Speaker posted:

We did this too but with any bug we could find. The reigning champ for a while was a huge green caterpillar we called SENSICO. He died and someone brought him back to life by blowing blunt smoke on him. In retrospect I feel terrible for abusing bugs like that but in the moment in tenth grade man, we were kings.

caterpillars are scary man just pure eating machines bulking for the ultimate shred

gradenko_2000
Oct 5, 2010

HELL SERPENT
Lipstick Apathy

Mister Speaker posted:

LISAN AL GAIB!
LISAN AL GAIB!!!

leftist heap
Feb 28, 2013

Fun Shoe

gradenko_2000 posted:

ah, tweedle beetle battles

Tiggum
Oct 24, 2007

Your life and your quest end here.

leftist heap posted:

where yall live that there aren't any bumblebees.
Australia.

Microplastics
Jul 6, 2007

It's what's for dinner.

Zodium posted:

i'm spoken for, but there is room in my heart for bumblebees

That's a terrible place to keep bees

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

mawarannahr
May 21, 2019