Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

CopperHound
Feb 14, 2012

You hear a crunch and you freeze, then you keep going.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Ham Equity
Apr 16, 2013

i hosted a great goon meet and all i got was this lousy avatar
Grimey Drawer

CopperHound posted:

You hear a crunch and you freeze, then you keep going.

They're only, like, the size of a toddler, how are you even supposed to see them!?

This is definitely a woman who would run over a child and then just keep going. Under no circumstances should she be allowed anywhere near the driver's seat of a vehicle.

Xaris
Jul 25, 2006

Lucky there's a family guy
Lucky there's a man who positively can do
All the things that make us
Laugh and cry

Fitzy Fitz posted:

50/50 on the messaging being bait (but she definitely did drive into a bollard)

it's definitely bait and its funny how many goons keep falling for these obvious tiktok self-aware message baits

Pittsburgh Fentanyl Cloud
Apr 7, 2003

I can’t fix her

Cassian of Imola
Feb 9, 2011

Keeping her memory alive!
tiktok gender traitors will always find an audience for minstrelsy in male chauvinist spaces

lobster shirt
Jun 14, 2021

i could easily fix her

Gunshow Poophole
Sep 14, 2008

OMBUDSMAN
POSTERS LOCAL 42069

Clapping Larry
Settle down mods she's too old for you

Precambrian Video Games
Aug 19, 2002

That car can't be more than a decade old.

Real hurthling!
Sep 11, 2001

that huge truck doesnt have radar or cameras that warn you with annoying alarms if you are close to stuff?

Ham Equity
Apr 16, 2013

i hosted a great goon meet and all i got was this lousy avatar
Grimey Drawer

Real hurthling! posted:

that huge truck doesnt have radar or cameras that warn you with annoying alarms if you are close to stuff?

Yeah, but they just keep making noise, so you have to turn them off.

https://x.com/Phil_Lewis_/status/1781294777830432868

Pepe Silvia Browne
Jan 1, 2007

all of those systems only work if the driver is paying attention

HashtagGirlboss
Jan 4, 2005

Real hurthling! posted:

I ended up in a mustang last January when I was in Tucson (delayed flight and all the rental place had left was that or an f150) and it had an indicator that would come on when someone was in your blind spot including a wall or whatever. I thought that was pretty cool actually

lobster shirt
Jun 14, 2021

i wonder if theres a speed threshold for some of those sensors, it would be incredibly annoying to be stuck in stop and go traffic with an alarm constantly blaring theres someone in your blind spot.

jetz0r
May 10, 2003

Tomorrow, our nation will sit on the throne of the world. This is not a figment of the imagination, but a fact. Tomorrow we will lead the world, Allah willing.

lobster shirt posted:

i wonder if theres a speed threshold for some of those sensors, it would be incredibly annoying to be stuck in stop and go traffic with an alarm constantly blaring theres someone in your blind spot.

Pay attention while driving, lots of cars have blind spot indicators on the side mirrors that light up whenever there's an object adjacent to the vehicle. You can spot then while driving or stopped at lights. The indicator is either inside the mirror, or below it.

Never been in an vehicle had an audio alarm for that. Those were for emergency stop warnings, parking radar, and sometimes lane departure warnings.

HashtagGirlboss
Jan 4, 2005

lobster shirt posted:

It wasn’t an alarm, it was a light that would come on and off

lobster shirt
Jun 14, 2021

oh a light makes way more sense lol

Pittsburgh Fentanyl Cloud
Apr 7, 2003

lobster shirt posted:

i could easily fix her

No you couldn't

Second Hand Meat Mouth
Sep 12, 2001

lobster shirt posted:

the good ones will vibrate your steering wheel if you put on your turn signal in that direction to make sure you noticed the light

gradenko_2000
Oct 5, 2010

HELL SERPENT
Lipstick Apathy
https://twitter.com/phkule/status/1781221929330057565

Second Hand Meat Mouth
Sep 12, 2001

https://twitter.com/Swosa2/status/1780938707752661043

Platystemon
Feb 13, 2012

BREADS
Are these only three‐quarters as bad as cars? Thoughts?

The Maroon Hawk
May 10, 2008

considerably lower to the ground and completely uninsulated from the sights and sounds around them, yeah that's a solid three-quarters as bad

Smythe
Oct 12, 2003

Platystemon posted:

if you must have one of these 3 wheel things i think these are cooler, they have gas & electric:

https://vanderhallusa.com/models-santarosa-ev-electric-autocycle/

webcams for christ
Nov 2, 2005

love how they managed to squeeze in a negative connotation with trains just because

Cassian of Imola
Feb 9, 2011

Keeping her memory alive!
railroaded: the other r-word

no lube so what
Apr 11, 2021

Platystemon posted:

get a lotus 7 at that point

my bony fealty
Oct 1, 2008

safety features are ftw

Mister Speaker
May 8, 2007

WE WILL CONTROL
ALL THAT YOU SEE
AND HEAR

Platystemon posted:

Around here, the Slingshot and T-Rex and other things like that are legally motorcycles (which means you have to wear a helmet) but yeah, still too big and dumb to be motorcycles, so that's bang-on.

Twerk from Home
Jan 17, 2009

This avatar brought to you by the 'save our dead gay forums' foundation.

Platystemon posted:

Sorry, that's a car. Motorcycles are only 3/4 as bad as a car, but that thing doesn't even make you hold it up with your own legs when it is stopped.

Second Hand Meat Mouth
Sep 12, 2001

Mister Speaker posted:

Around here, the Slingshot and T-Rex and other things like that are legally motorcycles (which means you have to wear a helmet) but yeah, still too big and dumb to be motorcycles, so that's bang-on.

lol there are states where you don't even need to wear a helmet on a real motorcycle

500excf type r
Mar 7, 2013

I'm as annoying as the high-pitched whine of my motorcycle, desperately compensating for the lack of substance in my life.

Second Hand Meat Mouth posted:

lol there are states where you don't even need to wear a helmet on a real motorcycle

The American motorcycle association doesnt support helmet laws lol

Platystemon
Feb 13, 2012

BREADS
Helmet laws are an anomaly in our you-do-you world.

Their fate is terminal.

Microplastics
Jul 6, 2007

:discourse:
It's what's for dinner.
Lol reminded of that "no to helmets" motorbike rally where someone fell off their bike and died of a preventable head injury :discourse:

Platystemon
Feb 13, 2012

BREADS
We can’t let their sacrifice be in vain.

H.P. Hovercraft
Jan 12, 2004

one thing a computer can do that most humans can't is be sealed up in a cardboard box and sit in a warehouse
Slippery Tilde
for awhile louisiana had alternating republican/democrat governors who kept taking turns eliminating and reinstating the motorcycle helmet law

Second Hand Meat Mouth
Sep 12, 2001

500excf type r posted:

The American motorcycle association doesnt support helmet laws lol

bike helmet laws are used to give police pretext to harass Black and brown people, so I assume motorcycles are the same

BRAKE FOR MOOSE
Jun 6, 2001

eliminate helmet laws but make families pay to scrape the brains off the pavement. the true libertarian way

HashtagGirlboss
Jan 4, 2005

I suggest we just encase motorcycle riders inside a metal frame with a strap to keep them from being thrown, we could add a couple wheels to support the extra weight

jetz0r
May 10, 2003

Tomorrow, our nation will sit on the throne of the world. This is not a figment of the imagination, but a fact. Tomorrow we will lead the world, Allah willing.

ban metal cages around motor vehicles.

ok, fine, you get a windshield and a rollcage around your chairs, that's it.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

my bony fealty
Oct 1, 2008

HashtagGirlboss posted:

I suggest we just encase motorcycle riders inside a metal frame with a strap to keep them from being thrown, we could add a couple wheels to support the extra weight

perhaps the combustion engine could be removed from the motorcycle entirely in favor of a pedal-powdered system where the rider provides the force