Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

kreeningsons
Jan 2, 2007

DR FRASIER KRANG posted:

a few months ago I was driving down the freeway and some dude in a pickup had bright white LEDs blasting directly behind him from under his rear bumper.

I presume it is some kind of work truck thing and he messed up a wire or a switch but holy poo poo it was dangerous.

Pittsburgh Fentanyl Cloud posted:

It is not, it is an obnoxious aftermarket add on that's showing up everywhere because no one enforces laws anymore

someone in a F150 was tailgating me yesterday in the rain/fog for like 5 miles because I was going 5-10mph over which was inadequate for them. in addition to the brightest headlights I had ever seen, any of their six aftermarket lights they had under each bumper and all four wheel wells would probably provide enough illumination by itself to drive with.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

kreeningsons
Jan 2, 2007

AreWeDrunkYet posted:

Counterpoint, speed limits are often political decisions that have nothing to do with road safety limits.

it was through one of those wealthy and well connected communities that successfully lobbied for their speed limit to be 10mph below the surrounding communities despite the road conditions not changing. but I admit, I was wrong to speed, all communities should be afforded the privilege of a safe speed limit or better yet the privilege of banning all cars within their boundaries

kreeningsons
Jan 2, 2007

Mister Speaker posted:

It's small potatoes compared to the infuriating moving violations people share ITT, but I see a lot of cars parked way up on the sidewalk every day when I walk to work. Mostly on sidestreets. It occurs to me as odd that the default behaviour for drivers who 'need' to stop somewhere is to get out of the way of road traffic, at the cost of inconveniencing pedestrians. These aren't even very narrow streets and they're mostly one-ways; even though parking is legal only on one side there's plenty of room for a big truck to make it through if someone just parked on the other side. Yet people still ride up on the sidewalk, inconveniencing pedestrians, because apparently that's just the thing you're supposed to do? I wish I could articulate this better, but it strikes me as odd learned behaviour. Surely no driver's ed schools are teaching this illegal move.

Sometimes I fold their mirrors in.

drivers have a pathological urge to infringe upon pedestrian spaces and it’s one of those car brain meme things, like how if you flip your own windshield wipers out when you park, then other drivers around you will start doing the same, even if there’s no chance of ice or snow

kreeningsons
Jan 2, 2007

is there a new law or something that all new cars have to have headlights with little angry eyebrows?

kreeningsons
Jan 2, 2007

the other day a guy in a subaru got angry that the car I was in was preventing him from speeding, so he tailgated us and then mimed cocking and shooting at our vehicle with an imaginary pistol, before he turned off. subaru’s demographic is like that.

kreeningsons
Jan 2, 2007

anxious American family erupts into tears after courtroom sentencing of their beloved F2500 to the crusher for vehicle related pedestrian collision

kreeningsons
Jan 2, 2007

i wish that part of Philly wasn’t all junked up by two interstate highways, an exploded oil refinery, and the urban outfitters headquarters

kreeningsons
Jan 2, 2007

one time I got roped into attending an orioles game with coworkers and it was the most satisfying thing ever to walk out of the stadium and just say bye, I’m gonna walk home now, enjoy your 30 minute drive just to get out of the parking garage

kreeningsons
Jan 2, 2007

wikipedia informs me that the puma is a “subcompact crossover SUV” whatever the gently caress that is. i guess this is just what regular cars are like now due to unchecked interbreeding with SUVs

kreeningsons has issued a correction as of 01:33 on Apr 17, 2024

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

kreeningsons
Jan 2, 2007

Platystemon posted:

Are these only three‐quarters as bad as cars? Thoughts?

I’ve never driven one of these but I’ve heard that the build quality is like if an automobile was made by Amazon Basics