Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

cheese eats mouse
Jul 6, 2007

A real Portlander now
KEI chat, got to ride in a few while working on farms in japan. they own and can off-road up mountains too.

also here's me getting pulled over on bike by a boy scout cop for a passport check. he said he saw us on the news and had a fan-boy moment before asking us if we stole the bikes lol. my friend almost got deported on her last day cause she didn't bring her passport with her on our field trip. also we biked there next to the highway cause all the roads have some form of sidewalk you can bike on.

cheese eats mouse has issued a correction as of 09:45 on Apr 14, 2024

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

cheese eats mouse
Jul 6, 2007

A real Portlander now

jetz0r posted:

that protected sidewalk/bike lane owns

it’s not even a nice one

through Boy Scout cop I also learned bikes are registered like cars to your name and address and they can look up your registration number on the bike in the field.

cheese eats mouse has issued a correction as of 23:16 on Apr 14, 2024

cheese eats mouse
Jul 6, 2007

A real Portlander now
I yelled I’m walkin here at a guy who almost hit my dog and me at a stop sign. he was in a lifted jeep of course.

his response was “I didn’t see you”

“that’s your problem!”

cheese eats mouse
Jul 6, 2007

A real Portlander now
the few times i rented a car in nyc i even got a honk as i was moving my foot from the brake to the gas pedal.

cheese eats mouse
Jul 6, 2007

A real Portlander now
i sold my car may 2019 to move to nyc, have not owned since. we trade living in a slightly more expensive urban part of portland for the transit access when we moved from nyc.

i chase remote roles and my partner is a nurse that only goes to work 3-4x max a week. all the hospitals are n transit lines. we really don't need a car.

we maybe drop like $100/m for an uber occasionally to get back and forth to suburban areas. we tried local taxi service but it's a bit more pricey. sometimes i miss the convenience but then think about the 10-15k a year we save.

i had an ex-coworker who also lives here an is mind blown about us not owning one. i caught up with him recently and he still was like, "why no own car?!?!"

cheese eats mouse has issued a correction as of 23:37 on May 9, 2024

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

cheese eats mouse
Jul 6, 2007

A real Portlander now
I definitely would like to get out to hike more, but my partner works every other weekend and so the weekends he’s free we’re usually doing other things.

also, it’s like $300 a month for a garage spot in our apartment complex.:wtc: