Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

scary ghost dog
Aug 5, 2007

its insane how many polygons utica has lost since then

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

scary ghost dog
Aug 5, 2007
you have two minds, one in front and one in back. the one in front does all your active control, mental imaging, and powers your reasoning. the one in back does the passive activities like breathing, managing your gait, and other physical functioning. when the mind in front gets comfortable enough with an activity that it no longer needs to actively manage it, the task is passed off to the mind in back, but front-mind can still recall the task, like when you are reminded to breathe, or when your flow-state driving is interrupted by a red light

scary ghost dog
Aug 5, 2007

Second Hand Meat Mouth posted:

why would I let a red light interrupt me

rear mind is probably gonna signal front mind when you see a red light just in case its brake lights. but i suppose there are drivers out there whose rear minds handle emergency maneuvers too. in fact people have so much variety that there are certainly people who never use one of their minds at all. ive long suspected that the two minds are capable of some kind of cognitive atrophy, and its likely that you can be born without one or the other, like the poor losers with aphantasia

scary ghost dog
Aug 5, 2007

Mauser posted:

Brb gonna rear mind driving while I front mind texting with the buds.

if youre skilled you can pass off texting AND driving to the rear mind while you use your front mind to eat a bowl of cereal and put on makeup

scary ghost dog
Aug 5, 2007

Polo-Rican posted:

This gets brought up by online progressives all of the time and I don't believe it whatsoever. citation needed

when ive done window tinting its always been really obvious that the driver wants to “safely” drink and smoke weed while they drive

edit: very occasionally the tint job would be for an old person who was genuinely liable to die when they got in their car if they didnt reduce heat transfer to the cabin