Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

The Maroon Hawk
May 10, 2008

Finally caught up with the thread from the beginning and fellas, I gotta tell ya: these cars? I HATE ‘EM!!!!!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

The Maroon Hawk
May 10, 2008

she was clearly just driving so she could go for a jog, she’s wearing athletic gear and everything

The Maroon Hawk
May 10, 2008

running into a stationary object and blaming the stationary object ftmfw

The Maroon Hawk
May 10, 2008

HashtagGirlboss posted:

Nah. There’s something unique about a good road in a nice car on a good day. I walk/jog/bike and live in a city where I don’t need to start my car more than a few times a month, but you’re lying to yourself if you’re saying (and again all politics and values aside) that there isnt something uniquely awesome about driving too fast down a rural highway on a sunny Sunday morning when there’s no other traffic

it sucks, actually

The Maroon Hawk
May 10, 2008

like I’m not driving but I’m currently a passenger in the middle of a ten-hour drive across middle of loving nowhere Wyoming with little to no other traffic and let me tell you, there’s about four billion things I’d rather be doing right now

The Maroon Hawk
May 10, 2008

you might even say they're....................bad

The Maroon Hawk
May 10, 2008

lol what the hell

The Maroon Hawk
May 10, 2008

beet-red face w/ steam coming out my ears from thinking about cars

The Maroon Hawk
May 10, 2008

cars!

I HATE ‘EM!!!

The Maroon Hawk
May 10, 2008

And now, our comprehensive "Please Don't Run People Over UwU" awareness campaign!

The Maroon Hawk
May 10, 2008

lobster shirt posted:

starting to think requiring people with minimal training to operate heavy machinery just to get around was a bad idea...

It astounds me that I have to have much more classroom training for my forklift/boom lift certifications than the average DMV requires for a driver's license, for machines that operate much slower in (ideally) strictly controlled environments, which need to be re-upped with the same classroom training and drive check every three years, and one single significant gently caress-up is enough to have my cert yanked on the spot

Meanwhile the dude doing 90mph down the freeway has a ticket history a mile long and took his one and only drive test when Reagan was POTUS and if he's unlucky enough that the cops give a poo poo, he gets a ticket and a "have a nice day"

Just absolute insanity :wtf:

The Maroon Hawk
May 10, 2008

Shear Modulus posted:

hey carhate thread, can i ask any of yall about how to shop for a bicycle after not riding one since i was in college

If you've got the cash, e-bikes own for getting back into it

The Maroon Hawk
May 10, 2008

leftist heap posted:

what the gently caress is the tip

here, I’ll show you :grin:

The Maroon Hawk
May 10, 2008

the kids are alright

The Maroon Hawk
May 10, 2008

Real hurthling! posted:

the car has more a/v than the living room now so thats just family night now.

at first I thought this was a typo for a/c but nah, you’re probably right :catstare:

The Maroon Hawk
May 10, 2008

Car Hater posted:

:cop: "HOMELESS PEOPLE DETECTED" *Maces them all*

The Maroon Hawk
May 10, 2008

hell, I'd even say they're very bad

The Maroon Hawk
May 10, 2008

:smug:

The Maroon Hawk
May 10, 2008

:lol::lol::lol:

The Maroon Hawk
May 10, 2008

just a silly little accident :) no need to punish anyone for such a silly little accident :)

The Maroon Hawk
May 10, 2008

Boywhiz88 posted:

i always lol at how empty the "back" of a parking lot is on any given day. People won't walk 200ft!

I forget the name off the top of my head but there’s a website dedicated to photos of parking lots at malls & big box stores on Black Friday, aka the biggest sales day of the year, and they’re still never more than half full lmao

The Maroon Hawk
May 10, 2008

“we voted by a slight majority of 52% to present a unified front”

The Maroon Hawk
May 10, 2008

every road being gridlocked is good, actually, because pedestrians can just walk between the stationary cars like they aren’t there

The Maroon Hawk
May 10, 2008

Hell, until recently, Denver's RTD was forbidden by state law from using land it owns around its stations for anything other than parking. That just recently changed and they've already floated ideas to tear up some portions of their parking to develop/lease to developers, and naturally, people are freaking the gently caress out at the thought that there are other ways to get to a train station than driving and parking there.

The Maroon Hawk
May 10, 2008

mawarannahr posted:

quote:

The penalty amount was reduced based on the company’s inability to pay a higher penalty and continue in business.

whoa whoa whoa, just because they broke the law repeatedly and caused demonstrable harm to the well-being of their community doesn’t mean they should go out of business!!!

The Maroon Hawk
May 10, 2008

cars: they suck rear end!!!

The Maroon Hawk
May 10, 2008

lobster shirt posted:

might not have time to ride my bike today

:sad:

The Maroon Hawk
May 10, 2008

get a better job then imo

The Maroon Hawk
May 10, 2008

e-scooters own and I plan to buy one

The Maroon Hawk
May 10, 2008

mawarannahr posted:

people seem to get hurt using them even without cars involved. no thanks.

skill issue

The Maroon Hawk
May 10, 2008

darkness ftw. gently caress the sun

The Maroon Hawk
May 10, 2008

I used to work at Lowe’s and the number of people that would toll in with comically large trucks that weren’t actually practical for anything was insane. can’t even count how many times I’d load 2x4s into a truck bed over my shoulder because the bed was at chest height

The Maroon Hawk
May 10, 2008

loving lol at the replies blaming the bike lanes

The Maroon Hawk
May 10, 2008

Don Pigeon posted:

That's something Montreal has been doing for a while now:
-No right turn on red in the city, no exceptions.
-90%+ of intersections have the pedestrian walk signal turn on by itself, no need to push a button
-Pedestrians are given a head start of 3 seconds before the light turns green to cars.

Sometimes there's even a white light that gives buses a headstart.

Denver has started doing some of this as well, the lightpoles in the downtown core don't even have buttons - the lights give Walk signals with every cycle. Fun fact, the Pedestrian Scramble originated in Denver!

We still have RTOR but our new mayor has expressed support for abolishing it, here's hoping!

Gunshow Poophole posted:

is this guy on a bike himself chasing the skater? I have heard barentsen's name before but it just seems so smooth... and also incredibly dangerous even for him

I'd never heard of this guy before and genuinely thought the video was taken by a drone until he mentioned a bike

The Maroon Hawk
May 10, 2008

I've drove zero miles since June 2019, it owns

The Maroon Hawk
May 10, 2008

Fitzy Fitz posted:

If you do the math on that link I posted earlier about Atlanta driving, the average metro Atlanta household drives like 100 miles a day.

bring Sherman back

The Maroon Hawk
May 10, 2008

mawarannahr posted:

lol at having to drive out to experience nature

for the first few years of me not having a car that was the only downside, that I couldn’t just gently caress off to go hiking or skiing whenever I wanted

but since then my state (CO) has added multiple new bus routes that I can take to go hiking and skiing :woop: finally got a ski season pass this past season for the first time in 7+ years, being able to take lightrail and the Bustang up to Vail fuckin owns bones

The Maroon Hawk
May 10, 2008

Mr. Sharps posted:

carbon dioxide

:eyepop:

The Maroon Hawk
May 10, 2008

Electro-Boogie Jack posted:

goons around the world, please let us know what's up with the war on cars in your neck of the woods

Denver is installing more and more bike lanes, curb bulbs, diverters, and roundabouts in its Capitol Hill neighborhood, which according to some locals is tantamount to a genocide on drivers

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

The Maroon Hawk
May 10, 2008

Crashing into a stationary object and blaming the stationary object ftw