Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Gunshow Poophole
Sep 14, 2008

OMBUDSMAN
POSTERS LOCAL 42069

Clapping Larry
i rode my new bike to work today becaus eit was nice out

here is a picture of it leaning casually and triumphantly against its retired, deprecated enemy:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Gunshow Poophole
Sep 14, 2008

OMBUDSMAN
POSTERS LOCAL 42069

Clapping Larry
working today we had a guy come in and ask my boss (there's only two of us), in his opinion as a volunteer firefighter, if telephone poles were hungrier this spring than last year lol

so many people gettin COVID brained up and driving, it's great, love this stupid loving country

Gunshow Poophole
Sep 14, 2008

OMBUDSMAN
POSTERS LOCAL 42069

Clapping Larry
As in "those power poles sure do seem to jump out at you, am i right??" and my boss is head of the volunteer fire dept which is the only thing that passes for emergency/first response out here.

we've seen way more accidents involving cars and power/telephone poles this year, we had two absolute monster wrecks here in this town of 2,000 people over the last week.

Gunshow Poophole
Sep 14, 2008

OMBUDSMAN
POSTERS LOCAL 42069

Clapping Larry

Leroy Diplowski posted:

Biking for groceries in inclement weather builds fortitude and fortitude is one of the most important things in the world.

Gunshow Poophole
Sep 14, 2008

OMBUDSMAN
POSTERS LOCAL 42069

Clapping Larry

Gunshow Poophole
Sep 14, 2008

OMBUDSMAN
POSTERS LOCAL 42069

Clapping Larry
i identified with calvin's dad probably 20 years too early in life

real inspiration that guy is

Gunshow Poophole
Sep 14, 2008

OMBUDSMAN
POSTERS LOCAL 42069

Clapping Larry

upsidedown posted:

is carpathy anything like sociopathy?

a harem

IN CARPATHY

Gunshow Poophole
Sep 14, 2008

OMBUDSMAN
POSTERS LOCAL 42069

Clapping Larry

Fitzy Fitz posted:

I love driving through the countryside where the land is beautiful and everyone is completely psychopathic

out here the Psycho By Volume is the same as in the city: fewer people, each absolutely guaranteed to be brodozer sovcit nutjobs

Gunshow Poophole
Sep 14, 2008

OMBUDSMAN
POSTERS LOCAL 42069

Clapping Larry

not pictured: 30-50 feral cars behind the bike pack revving and honking

Gunshow Poophole
Sep 14, 2008

OMBUDSMAN
POSTERS LOCAL 42069

Clapping Larry

Teriyaki Hairpiece posted:

Why not like a giant truck/bus thing with huge tires that spews fire and black smoke out of the top and has an earsplitting truck horn but also a bunch of kids on bikes are tethered to it and all they have to do is stay upright while the bike bus crushes everything in its path??

And if anyone falls off they're left behind and their bike is forfeit

a twist on the tried and true Dragnipur model

Gunshow Poophole
Sep 14, 2008

OMBUDSMAN
POSTERS LOCAL 42069

Clapping Larry

Jestery posted:

Did a(nother) community bike ride to try and get 500 m of bikeways finished off.

End goal being to connect two major bikeways , and bisect my city with a bikeway whilst generally following the major public transport routes , creating a micro-mobility/cycle highway

Imagine being against being able to ride 40km north to south and not having risk of being hit by a car because of "potential impacts to the way you use [X] street" with no actual named grievance

sorry, what if instead we put up a couple of (green and blue almost invisible hahaha) signs and Widened Roads so that the brodozers can more confidently go 80 in a 45 along existing highways

what? new paths and bikeways? sorry Governor Cuomo can’t hear you over the sound of his money shower

Gunshow Poophole
Sep 14, 2008

OMBUDSMAN
POSTERS LOCAL 42069

Clapping Larry

Kicked Throat posted:

In the late 1940’s and early 1950’s, crowds of young people who returned to the United States after the Second World War were extremely disappointed with what they found at home. Puritan customs, commercial spirit and the general ostentatious hypocrisy of ordinary Americans did not cohere with the notion of the great American dream, which was defended by former soldiers. Many of these people could not find themselves in a society that was alien to them. Some of those individuals saddled motorcycles, dressed in black leather and started decorating their steel horses with trophy swastikas and iron crosses as a protest against the government. Soon they began to unite in motorcycle clubs and live by the old front principles. Since then, the Iron Cross has taken a new place in history. It became one of the main symbols of bikers and motorcycle customizers around the world. You can find crosses in many elements of biker culture, from the colors to cross rings, pendants and other jewelry. Today The Iron Cross personifies itself as belonging to the world of choppers, to the world of independence and freedom.

clear things up?? source https://www.bikerringshop.com/

lol

Gunshow Poophole
Sep 14, 2008

OMBUDSMAN
POSTERS LOCAL 42069

Clapping Larry

withak posted:

I'm pretty sure that the sounds you hear inside of any modern car are a carefully-curated experience.

my 2014 focus st did the piped-engine noise thing

been around a long time now

Gunshow Poophole
Sep 14, 2008

OMBUDSMAN
POSTERS LOCAL 42069

Clapping Larry

Electro-Boogie Jack posted:

helmets are the same thing, but for bikes. i wear one every time i'm going to be in mixed traffic for more than a few blocks, which is basically every trip I take, but it's hard not to see the constant 'wear a helmet, it'll save your life' poo poo as an attempt to say that staying safe is your personal responsibility just in case this is the time the SUV driver looking at his phone and speeding through a red light on a street without a protected bike lane veers into your path, instantly killing you.

I mean, I get your premise from a rhetorical perspective but also lol there’s a zillion things that are not cars that will gently caress you up just because you’re moving fast and falling

youre "personally responsible" for having shoes on that if you step on broken glass somewhere it won’t shred the gently caress out of your feet, it’s an environmental hazard germane to the activity you are performing

Gunshow Poophole
Sep 14, 2008

OMBUDSMAN
POSTERS LOCAL 42069

Clapping Larry

Pittsburgh Fentanyl Cloud posted:

Falling and striking your head from a standstill can and does cause traumatic brain damage.

So it's just the seatbelt argument all over again.

actually it's not it's just *rattles off a roster of increasingly irrelevant and more derivative niche case exceptions*

wait

Gunshow Poophole
Sep 14, 2008

OMBUDSMAN
POSTERS LOCAL 42069

Clapping Larry

Pepe Silvia Browne posted:

bought a new bike :)

what bike u get

Gunshow Poophole
Sep 14, 2008

OMBUDSMAN
POSTERS LOCAL 42069

Clapping Larry

Pepe Silvia Browne posted:

What a wonderful morning walking to the bike store to pick up my new bike and then riding it home!!

Bikes!

:hfive:

Gunshow Poophole
Sep 14, 2008

OMBUDSMAN
POSTERS LOCAL 42069

Clapping Larry

SKULL.GIF posted:

Here we can observe the American propensity for obesity spreading its pestilent influence throughout Europe:

what thr hell why are those cars roofs so goddamn shiny

also im Tettero Wetters

Gunshow Poophole
Sep 14, 2008

OMBUDSMAN
POSTERS LOCAL 42069

Clapping Larry

i yelled "OH NO" out loud when I saw this lmao

Gunshow Poophole
Sep 14, 2008

OMBUDSMAN
POSTERS LOCAL 42069

Clapping Larry
much as I hate cars generally, I am developing an inexpressibly deeper hatred for pickup trucks that are obviously not work trucks

five foot bed get the gently caress out. fuckin baby supercrew cab pristine paint bullshit mobiles gently caress youuuuu

Gunshow Poophole
Sep 14, 2008

OMBUDSMAN
POSTERS LOCAL 42069

Clapping Larry

Mr. Sharps posted:

oh is that why every landscaping crew around here suddenly has a bigass trailer. actually there is one company that uses tiny little kei trucks and I always get a kick out of seeing those things in the wild even if they are powered by the demon internal combustion engine

dump trailers and open-bed trucks are great for landscaping, materials are heavy and impossible to move in quantity without one of those two things

landscaping is largely The Devil though

Gunshow Poophole
Sep 14, 2008

OMBUDSMAN
POSTERS LOCAL 42069

Clapping Larry

A MIRACLE posted:

I sold my car to car max and now have no cars

gently caress yeha goon

Gunshow Poophole
Sep 14, 2008

OMBUDSMAN
POSTERS LOCAL 42069

Clapping Larry

Zerg Mans posted:

I'm a normal person who has a sensible car that I pay off and own - is it normal for people who own these giant trucks to just be in a constantly expanding cycle of debt?

it's normal for all americans to be in a constantly expanding cycle of debt, so, yes

Gunshow Poophole
Sep 14, 2008

OMBUDSMAN
POSTERS LOCAL 42069

Clapping Larry
witnessed in the wild lol

hideous

absolutely awful
lmao

Commercial License Plate hahha

Gunshow Poophole
Sep 14, 2008

OMBUDSMAN
POSTERS LOCAL 42069

Clapping Larry
Walkin all nimbly-pimbly wherever u want!

Gunshow Poophole
Sep 14, 2008

OMBUDSMAN
POSTERS LOCAL 42069

Clapping Larry

McCracAttack posted:

How do you keep homeless people from walking into your neighborhood and doing drugs at you?

todd is not homeless, he lives in a van

Gunshow Poophole
Sep 14, 2008

OMBUDSMAN
POSTERS LOCAL 42069

Clapping Larry

speedometer reads "2 mph" as the guy walks towards the store, outstanding haha

Gunshow Poophole
Sep 14, 2008

OMBUDSMAN
POSTERS LOCAL 42069

Clapping Larry

Fitzy Fitz posted:

I'm so overdue for a good bike ride

same

maybe today!

note: I do a bad bike ride (to work and back) every day

Gunshow Poophole
Sep 14, 2008

OMBUDSMAN
POSTERS LOCAL 42069

Clapping Larry
car sadbrains

lmfao

Gunshow Poophole
Sep 14, 2008

OMBUDSMAN
POSTERS LOCAL 42069

Clapping Larry

lol

Gunshow Poophole
Sep 14, 2008

OMBUDSMAN
POSTERS LOCAL 42069

Clapping Larry

Animal Friend posted:

Fuuuuck keep an eye out for the USAF

a whole other level of Burning Man

Gunshow Poophole
Sep 14, 2008

OMBUDSMAN
POSTERS LOCAL 42069

Clapping Larry

Gunshow Poophole
Sep 14, 2008

OMBUDSMAN
POSTERS LOCAL 42069

Clapping Larry

Deadly Ham Sandwich posted:

What's even better is the look right, TURN LEFT. A loving blind left turn.

driving school teaches you to at least shoulder check the opposite direction last as you begin to execute a turn

this of course presumes you're focusing on the turn direction as you complete it

Gunshow Poophole
Sep 14, 2008

OMBUDSMAN
POSTERS LOCAL 42069

Clapping Larry

BonHair posted:

Anywhere's a conference room if you're white man enough

if you're white man enough you have your calendar blocked for when you travel and do not give a single gently caress

honestly even if you're not particularly white man, you just say "nope" lol

nothing that can be done on a zoom meeting is possibly emergent or important enough

Gunshow Poophole
Sep 14, 2008

OMBUDSMAN
POSTERS LOCAL 42069

Clapping Larry
raccoons knew better once we shot n ate the first two

Gunshow Poophole
Sep 14, 2008

OMBUDSMAN
POSTERS LOCAL 42069

Clapping Larry
emissions: increased!

Gunshow Poophole
Sep 14, 2008

OMBUDSMAN
POSTERS LOCAL 42069

Clapping Larry
there's so much room for activities!!

Gunshow Poophole
Sep 14, 2008

OMBUDSMAN
POSTERS LOCAL 42069

Clapping Larry
in a row??

Gunshow Poophole
Sep 14, 2008

OMBUDSMAN
POSTERS LOCAL 42069

Clapping Larry

Epic High Five posted:

95% of cars look exactly the same now. It's either a massively oversized land boat or a broke person hatchback lifted 1 inch off the ground, renamed "crossover", and sold for 20k more

The only reason you can look at a parking lot and not see something from anti-Soviet propaganda is because enough people are still trying to keep 04 sedans running because it's all they can afford

sorry you hate fuel efficiency it’s not the cars' fault they converge on the most* aerodynamic** shape

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Gunshow Poophole
Sep 14, 2008

OMBUDSMAN
POSTERS LOCAL 42069

Clapping Larry

only for the wealthy tho

not anyone else

basically extending Central Park down the Ave which is fine, I’ll take it, but cars don’t kill people in midtown…

there’s too many pedestrians