Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

my bony fealty
Oct 1, 2008

heated game moment posted:

Caring about gas prices is so funny to me. Oh you are going to drive across town to save 10 cents a gallon? Buddy I wouldn't cross the street. I have no idea how much it costs I just fill up once a month or whatever

Like theres whole apps of which the purpose is to find deals on gas but the idea of going out of my way to do so is ludicrous. I have friends that drive so much they save hundreds of dollars a year using some stupid app that makes them drive to a random gas station to fill up. Maybe sell the SUV and get a Prius if you care that much

drove past a Sheetz on July 4th that had a line out the lot, blocking a lane of traffic for quite a ways, cuz they were selling gas for $1.776/gal

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

my bony fealty
Oct 1, 2008

Palladium posted:

somebody calculate the fuel consumption of the line idling lol

I didn't see it but a local paper says some locations had cops come in to direct traffic because the lines were loving up the normal flow so much. incredible country.

supposed picture of a blocked lane lmao

my bony fealty
Oct 1, 2008

Filthy Hans posted:

free Pipsqueak Fentanyl Cloud

same except ban

my bony fealty
Oct 1, 2008

finally got my bike back together properly, had to get a new crank after the old one got stripped because I hosed up installing the pedal or something. now if only I weren't terrified of the cars that go 60 in a 35 zone around here

my bony fealty
Oct 1, 2008

Boywhiz88 posted:

Does anyone else poo poo before or after you bike? Whenever I'm gearing up, between anxiety and whatever else, my body is like "clear the reserves!"

It usually feels good but can be annoying.

You can poo poo while biking. Its a power move in a race, the poo poo will hit your rear wheel and spatter all over the guys behind you, blinding them.

my bony fealty
Oct 1, 2008

id love to be in that porto taking a poo poo while its flying down the tracks

my bony fealty
Oct 1, 2008

leave it there, like a sunken ship that becomes a reef

my bony fealty
Oct 1, 2008

Might ride the bike today

Got a tune up recently cuz the pedal fell off due to me screwing it in wrong, like an idiot

my bony fealty
Oct 1, 2008

saw a car today. horrible creatures.

my bony fealty
Oct 1, 2008

Second Hand Meat Mouth posted:

the problem with scooter mileage is it's incredibly dependent on your weight LOL

is this also true of cars

my bony fealty
Oct 1, 2008

department of ableism and fatphobia

my bony fealty
Oct 1, 2008

Mister Speaker posted:

People get bizarrely defensive about their cars if you so much as touch them. I've had people get out of their cars and threaten me over as much as slapping their mirror back (when they almost ran me over making a right turn at a crosswalk) or as little as a gentle tap on their quarter panel for not paying attention. I get being defensive over something you value (I was pretty protective of my bike because the last one got stolen) but it's hilariously pathetic to have some fat gently caress leap out of his car and threaten to beat me up ("I promise you there's no way that ends the way you think it does" is my canned response) over so much as tapping on the hood.

I'm terrified the fat gently caress will pull a gun

my bony fealty
Oct 1, 2008

Giant lifted truck pulled up at the gas station and it sounded like an airplane

Tiny guy driving it (he couldn't have been taller than 5'2") left it running while he went into the store of course

my bony fealty
Oct 1, 2008

FuturePerfect VideoGames posted:

I saw a lifted F-250 KING RANCH edition in the wild and lol

I saw a F-150 BLACK OPS recently and lol

my bony fealty
Oct 1, 2008

putting a seatbelt on my bicycle because I love to buckle up

my bony fealty
Oct 1, 2008

Ham Equity posted:

What is the deal with the thread title?

Former mod neatheterodude got hit by cars a lot

my bony fealty
Oct 1, 2008

Groda posted:

Dog owners are absolute trash.

Every winter in Stockholm, now that they've started doing snow removal on the arterial bike paths, they're all over the place lobbying for it to stop, because the salt hurts dogs' paws. They got one of our municipalities to end it last year, with this publicly listed as the reason.

sounds like Sweden will be joining BRICS soon

my bony fealty
Oct 1, 2008

thinking of buying a car. which pickup has the highest cab size:bed size ratio?

my bony fealty
Oct 1, 2008

Rochallor posted:

For when you need to move a coffee table up to one time a year.

thats the front of a crossover fused with a lovely little bed. disgusting. what rhe gently caress.

my bony fealty
Oct 1, 2008

there should be a stationary car at the gym, like the stationary bikes, so you can get your driving time in at the gym

my bony fealty
Oct 1, 2008

i say swears online posted:

at a party last night i got an invite for a weeklong tour around the texas hill country, shooting for around 45 miles a day. hell yeah i'm so stoked

that's not very far, your car can cover that in less than an hour

my bony fealty
Oct 1, 2008

sitting in the driver's seat...feeling powerful. one hand on the wheel, one foot on the brake pedal and one foot on the accelerator. got the sunroof open and the seatbelt fooled. other seven seats are empty. it's time to go.

my bony fealty
Oct 1, 2008

just ran 5 mile in nasty weather. fully 100% humid but also very hot for December. should have just driven instead.

my bony fealty
Oct 1, 2008

what is a car, but a land boat

my bony fealty
Oct 1, 2008

personally im waiting to buy a new car until the infotainment and heads up display merge and the entire windshield is a screen I can watch movies on while driving

my bony fealty
Oct 1, 2008

mawarannahr posted:

how much JavaScript is in cars nowadays?

probably 100% in a Tesla

my bony fealty
Oct 1, 2008

In-n-out burger sucks rear end. the most carbrain fast food restaurant.

my bony fealty
Oct 1, 2008

I like the lights you can charge via usb

my bony fealty
Oct 1, 2008

what if cars...are good?

my bony fealty
Oct 1, 2008

gradenko_2000 posted:

It was a cat. My wife and I went fishing and after I caught a few a stray cat jumped out and snatched a fish right off the line before I could throw it back into the water. I caught one more and I was having trouble unhooking the fish from the line and the cat got impatient so it came right up to me, scratched me, and then grabbed the fish, hook and all.

pussy got ya hooked

my bony fealty
Oct 1, 2008

Precambrian Video Games posted:

There are tens of thousands of people doing daily Sacramento-SJ commutes? 120 miles one way?

absolutely

my bony fealty
Oct 1, 2008

saw one today. horrible creatures.

my bony fealty
Oct 1, 2008

how's it do when it hits an obstacle

my bony fealty
Oct 1, 2008

HashtagGirlboss posted:

Lmfao my parents used to do this when I was little, like just wait until after dinner and get me and my sister all bundled up in winter clothes and spend two hours slowly prowling around town listening to classic rock

The 80s were a hell of a decade

we got mcdonalds after. a real holiday highlight. these days, you can't even do that.

my bony fealty
Oct 1, 2008

saw a new ford mustang recently that doesn't even have a separate driver dash, it's just one long curved horizontal screen that goes to the passenger side

my bony fealty
Oct 1, 2008

the new thing people have started doing in my city is turning left on red

my bony fealty
Oct 1, 2008

Nitrousoxide posted:

Imagine if you could get where you want with a marginal (or no) fee, without years of saving money, and even if you are not physically capable of operating a motor vehicle.

Maybe some kind of collective transportation?

Hyperloop?

my bony fealty
Oct 1, 2008

need big car to fit more donuts and big pig belly. oink oink motherfucker

my bony fealty
Oct 1, 2008

watched not one not two but three cars blow past a red light this morning, going direct east into the rising sun where even with sunglasses it's still very hard to see because the glare is so bad. lol love turning left.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

my bony fealty
Oct 1, 2008

lol at the airplane and control tower