Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Ensign Expendable
Nov 11, 2008

Lager beer is proof that god loves us
Pillbug
If your bike goes too slowly, the solution is to simply become stronger, not strip mine the global south for scraps of lithium.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Ensign Expendable
Nov 11, 2008

Pillbug

Pepe Silvia Browne posted:

do NOT invest in the horse tech tree

Or do, bring back horses but also dashing Hussars with cool moustaches.

Ensign Expendable
Nov 11, 2008

Pillbug

Good start but the defensive capabilities are focused on the frontal arc and provide limited protection for the flanks and rear. I suggest a setup like WWI tanks with a fixed chainsaw pointing in every direction. Alternatively if you have a tandem bicycle you can have a second crewman operate a turret mounted chainsaw.

Ensign Expendable
Nov 11, 2008

Pillbug

Platystemon posted:

Breaking: NHTSA recommends raising drunk drifing level to 0.4, Interstate speed limit to 325 mph.

“We’ve got to follow the science and meet people where they are.”

It will take about a day before you see drivers complaining that they saw someone hogging the left lane doing only 350.

HashtagGirlboss posted:

That’s almost 1.6 million more each year than me, loving respect

Wrong. I will never respect a car

Ensign Expendable
Nov 11, 2008

Pillbug
The trailer can be used to carry smoke, chaff, and flares to help you evade cars.

Ensign Expendable
Nov 11, 2008

Pillbug

Does traffic modelling software model the fact that only about 50% of drivers are able to recognize lane markings and street signs?

Ensign Expendable
Nov 11, 2008

Pillbug
Get a line of cops to stand at parade rest along the bike lane like living bollards, maybe drivers will stop driving into it then.

Ensign Expendable
Nov 11, 2008

Pillbug
He's right that if the parking rules are engraved on a statue, they are unnecessarily difficult to access.

Ensign Expendable
Nov 11, 2008

Pillbug

Pepe Silvia Browne posted:

i don't think everyone has a DUI

The great thing about car culture is you can always find no shortage of drivers who are worse than you, point to them, and say "I'm not a bad driver, *that* is a bad driver!"

In the AITA thread you see a ton of posts to the effect of "I'm a good driver, I only get a few tickets per year"

Ensign Expendable
Nov 11, 2008

Pillbug

Second Hand Meat Mouth posted:

pro click and also lol everyone in the comments saying how it's the road's fault

I like the guy posting a literal racetrack to demonstrate how the road "should" be.

Ensign Expendable
Nov 11, 2008

Pillbug
Drive according to road conditions? No, expensive infrastructure projects!

Ensign Expendable
Nov 11, 2008

Pillbug

jetz0r posted:

Train frees itself to destroy some cars
https://i.imgur.com/dHtoiUt.mp4

I'm sure that all the drivers who write "might makes right, get out of my way" to pedestrians who they run over will nod and agree that the train has the right of way since it's heavier.

Ensign Expendable
Nov 11, 2008

Pillbug

I thought it was this one but that one is slightly different, so now I have to live with the fact that there are at least two of these.

Ensign Expendable
Nov 11, 2008

Pillbug

Fitzy Fitz posted:

Cars are outgrowing the nation's guardrail infrastructure (they plow right through them), and no one wants to take responsibility for it. Our total lack of political will or vision will probably leave us with a lazy, taxpayer-funded piecemeal overhaul to accommodate everyone's personal monster truck.

https://slate.com/business/2024/02/car-safety-guardrails-bloat-electric-vehicles.html

Surely at this point one can just buy a light tank or IFV to compensate for their minuscule penis. An entry-level Wiesel weighs less than many of the trucks listed here.

Ensign Expendable
Nov 11, 2008

Pillbug
If they also paved over the small scrap of soil where grass is still allowed, they could fit more cars still.

Ensign Expendable
Nov 11, 2008

Pillbug
I was biking alongside a cop car yesterday and witnessed it changing lanes mid-intersection and periodically veering into my lane without signalling. Despite this, I was able to keep up with it pretty easily since one of the two lanes was constantly blocked by illegally parked cars that the cop also didn't bother to stop and ticket.

Ensign Expendable
Nov 11, 2008

Pillbug

The American equivalent would be an F-150 with astroturf instead of truck bed liner.

Ensign Expendable
Nov 11, 2008

Pillbug
If I had a Canal Defense Light then yeah I'd probably need a truck for it.

Ensign Expendable
Nov 11, 2008

Pillbug
Yeah that's what I want in my machine parts, the extra tolerances and imperfections of manual labour.

Ensign Expendable
Nov 11, 2008

Pillbug

silicone thrills posted:

lol was at a busy intersection and watched some guy on his phone hold up a whole left turn light cycle loving around on his phone and somehow I guess the other like 6 cars behind him were also either on their phone or too chicken poo poo to honk their horn to get him to get a move on.

a like 30 second light cycle passed with out a single person moving.

Light cycles pass without anyone moving pretty regularly because another car has driven into the intersection and is blocking the entire street both ways.

The city increased the fine for this from next to nothing to a pittance but the cops straight up said that they won't issue tickets for this because it slows down traffic if they do.

Ensign Expendable
Nov 11, 2008

Pillbug
Every day I see people driving into the intersection while the light is still red, so if you're waiting to see green you're already too slow.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Ensign Expendable
Nov 11, 2008

Pillbug
I didn't know I was a part of something cool sounding like a Dark Triad. Is there some kind of cyberpunk aesthetic I need to follow?