Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Mayor Dave
Feb 20, 2009

Bernie the Snow Clown
there's no such thing as a cool car

crush car culture

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Mayor Dave
Feb 20, 2009

Bernie the Snow Clown

Populon posted:

What about the one from madmax fury road with the flamethrower guitar guy?

iirc that car ends up crushed by the end of the movie so yes

Mayor Dave
Feb 20, 2009

Bernie the Snow Clown
Car-Dependent Society and Its Future

Mayor Dave
Feb 20, 2009

Bernie the Snow Clown

go for a stroll posted:

if you go to the burgerville on hawthorne in spandex they'll give you a burger just to get you out of the drive thru

Ride the bus, there are a bunch of routes down Hawthorne, burgerville is like a 5 minute walk from the streetcar stop too

Mayor Dave
Feb 20, 2009

Bernie the Snow Clown

guidoanselmi posted:

Maybe AC is a far worse invention than cars

AC is responsible for Florida so this tracks

Mayor Dave
Feb 20, 2009

Bernie the Snow Clown

actionjackson posted:

can't believe I've been taking my car (7.5 miles away, 10 min drive) to see my parents instead of our wonderful transit options

walk to bus stop
wait for bus
ride bus a couple stops
get off and walk to another bus stop
wait for bus
ride bus for 15 minutes

walk 1.5 miles (lmao, just imagining this in a minnesota winter), btw this is in a suburb so it's very hostile to pedestrians

total time 70 minutes

oh and if you want to leave after 11:30 pm, the next transit option isn't until 4:30 am

It's almost as if the city was designed to make you dependent on a car

Mayor Dave
Feb 20, 2009

Bernie the Snow Clown

galagazombie posted:

But what predator will we have to introduce to take care of the Truckasaurus population.

No worries, truckasaurus is a highly territorial creature and violence between individuals keeps their population in check

Mayor Dave
Feb 20, 2009

Bernie the Snow Clown
gently caress cars

Mayor Dave
Feb 20, 2009

Bernie the Snow Clown

docbeard posted:

What if trains, but unconnected, and instead of tracks you can just make them go anywhere you want on simple paved paths, or "roads"?

sounds like poo poo op

Mayor Dave
Feb 20, 2009

Bernie the Snow Clown

hot cocoa on the couch posted:

it's not like gasoline is inherently evil or anything, we just have to manage consumption a hell of a lot better than we do now, and doing things like transitioning to mostly public transit, using more motorcycles and mopeds and bicycles, and increasing city density by a lot will go a long way. electric vehicles have a list of drawbacks a mile long too and switching from a diesel pickup to an electric pickup is absolutely not the answer lol

You don't think its a bad idea to dig up the remains of ancient animals and burn their spirits?

Mayor Dave
Feb 20, 2009

Bernie the Snow Clown

Mayor Dave
Feb 20, 2009

Bernie the Snow Clown

mastershakeman posted:

Cairo Illinois about to be a boom town again

Make the Mormons move back to nauvoo

Mayor Dave
Feb 20, 2009

Bernie the Snow Clown
https://twitter.com/SarahJ_Berry/status/1438217125357830152?s=19

Mayor Dave
Feb 20, 2009

Bernie the Snow Clown
Cars are poo poo and I wish they would all be killed

Mayor Dave
Feb 20, 2009

Bernie the Snow Clown

Epic High Five posted:

Actually ur car sucks and I hate it

Mayor Dave
Feb 20, 2009

Bernie the Snow Clown

Cars are evil, but SUVs are extremely evil

Mayor Dave
Feb 20, 2009

Bernie the Snow Clown
The bigger your car the worse of a person you are

Mayor Dave
Feb 20, 2009

Bernie the Snow Clown
ACAB

all cars are bastards

Mayor Dave
Feb 20, 2009

Bernie the Snow Clown

:same:

Mayor Dave
Feb 20, 2009

Bernie the Snow Clown

duomo posted:

don’t ever ask me or my large dog to walk again

Haha

Mayor Dave
Feb 20, 2009

Bernie the Snow Clown

ate poo poo on live tv posted:

Shut the gently caress up retard. Slurs have always been allowed in cspam though one time some mod started to concern troll about the word "bitch" being used.

(USER WAS PUT ON PROBATION FOR THIS POST)

Lol what

Mayor Dave
Feb 20, 2009

Bernie the Snow Clown
I caught a probe in cspam 5 years ago for empty quoting a slur lmao no idea what asolt is talking about

Mayor Dave
Feb 20, 2009

Bernie the Snow Clown

Leroy Diplowski posted:

So if I'm reading this right the thread consensus is ban cars and give every pedestrian a bicycle so there are only cyclists. If you have no legs you get a handbike and if you have no arms or legs I'll cart you around in a pedicab.

Also only the BMX punks around here blast their Bluetooth speakers from their bikes but it's so obnoxious that I actually love it. Society has utterly failed these children and their only recourse is to make a complete nuisance of themselves rolling around poisoning the air with mumble rap and Billie eilish. Anyone who tells them to stop has to reckon with me.

Mass transit alongside bikes tho

Mayor Dave
Feb 20, 2009

Bernie the Snow Clown

lobster shirt posted:

its a madness rune

it summons cars, so yes

Mayor Dave
Feb 20, 2009

Bernie the Snow Clown

Boywhiz88 posted:

What the fuuuuuuuck

Our current society believes it's ok to kill people with a car if those people annoy you. We need to destroy cars before they destroy us.

Mayor Dave
Feb 20, 2009

Bernie the Snow Clown

HAIL eSATA-n posted:

i loving hate cars

Mayor Dave
Feb 20, 2009

Bernie the Snow Clown

ben shapino posted:

why don't you try shooting them

I like posting too much

Mayor Dave
Feb 20, 2009

Bernie the Snow Clown
Costco is ok if you have a lot of storage space, but the shopping experience in store is a nightmare and it's entirely pointless without a car to haul your crap in.

Mayor Dave
Feb 20, 2009

Bernie the Snow Clown
Recycle all cars into structural elements for high density housing and tracks for expanding commuter rail lines imo

Mayor Dave
Feb 20, 2009

Bernie the Snow Clown
Funnily enough visiting Helsinki in my teens was when I first realized that car culture deprived us of something when it killed mass transit in America. I saw what an actual transit system could do and I loved it

Mayor Dave
Feb 20, 2009

Bernie the Snow Clown

Lastgirl posted:

everyone banging out paragraphs just to get to the crux of the point:] i hate cars

Mayor Dave
Feb 20, 2009

Bernie the Snow Clown

Polo-Rican posted:

one topic the thread hasn't even broached: the olds. my parents and my wife's parents, despite not being super old yet (late 60s), already drive so badly it's insane... never signaling, just drifting from lane to lane without looking, merging without looking, etc... it's only by luck that they haven't been vaporized on the highway.

the only solution is getting them out of the suburbs and into walkable communities. but unfortunately they'd literally rather die than give up driving because the older they get, the more stubborn they get

Take away the drivers license of everyone over 65
Take away the drivers license of everyone under 65 too

Mayor Dave
Feb 20, 2009

Bernie the Snow Clown

zegermans posted:

Same size bed

Thanks I hate it

Mayor Dave
Feb 20, 2009

Bernie the Snow Clown
Had to drive to a work event last week and I got into an accident, loving hate cars my neck is so sore

Mayor Dave
Feb 20, 2009

Bernie the Snow Clown

fits my needs posted:

lol since my brothers chevy bolt's battery is hosed up they will let him trade it in for a chevy colorado

Lmao

Mayor Dave
Feb 20, 2009

Bernie the Snow Clown
im glad my accident totaled my car, i hate them and will never buy another

Mayor Dave
Feb 20, 2009

Bernie the Snow Clown

Polo-Rican posted:

Literally everyone who rides a bike also walks

Everyone who's physically able walks

Mayor Dave
Feb 20, 2009

Bernie the Snow Clown
I hate cars

Mayor Dave
Feb 20, 2009

Bernie the Snow Clown
There's a bus that runs from my apartment building directly to my office. I'm wfh so I don't ride it very often but it blows my coworkers minds when I say I'd rather take the extremely easy 30 minute bus ride instead of driving in traffic for 15. Lead isnt the only type of brain poisoning cars cause

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Mayor Dave
Feb 20, 2009

Bernie the Snow Clown

gently caress you