Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

500excf type r
Mar 7, 2013

I'm as annoying as the high-pitched whine of my motorcycle, desperately compensating for the lack of substance in my life.

Minrad posted:

kinda wanted to visit my parents, 3 and a half hour trip, looking at about 80 in gas and my tires sre getting up there and need to be replaced anyways so im gonna be out 300 dollars total probably. thinking about how if i lived in europe id have some loving, what, 10 euro day pass for a relaxing train ride there and back that i could spend taking a nap or reading a book or just enjoying the view, and now i want to shove ice picks up the fingernails of every car ceo and american politician that's ever existed. lol!

80 dollars in gas, 220 in tires, do u drive a V8 clown car

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

500excf type r
Mar 7, 2013

I'm as annoying as the high-pitched whine of my motorcycle, desperately compensating for the lack of substance in my life.

indigi posted:

the goon who kept saying “why don’t we start shooting” in the cool zone thread last year shot at some proud boys as he ran away from a protest

link plz lol

500excf type r
Mar 7, 2013

Do we hate motorcycles also? I hate cars but I do not hate motorcycles.

500excf type r
Mar 7, 2013

indigi posted:

yes very loud and annoying. cars < motorcycles < <<<<<<<< public transit < bikes

What if they're not loud or annoying

500excf type r
Mar 7, 2013

indigi posted:

nobody buys them if they aren’t. they’ve made quiet motorcycles which don’t sell

I think you will find nearly all motorcycles are actually quiet from the factory

500excf type r
Mar 7, 2013

hot cocoa on the couch posted:

imagine thinking the only motorcycle ever built is a harley

A life not worth living imo

500excf type r
Mar 7, 2013

Loucks posted:

Two stroke engines are bad though.

I guess you could stick an electric motor on a scooter, but then you just have an extremely heavy bike so you need way more battery to go the same distance and speed.

How about you get a picture of a scooter to look at when you’re or doing your efficient, non polluting bike around?

e: I just remembered that some scooters have four stroke engines which does not undermine my point in any way.

Two strokes can be smaller and lighter for the same power as a four stroke which lends itself to an overall more efficient package. I believe the modern two stroke designs with actual r&d put into them are not nearly as bad as the conventional and out of date carbureted mixed gas design

500excf type r
Mar 7, 2013

Minrad posted:

i hate people who know a lot of poo poo about cars and try to make it part of their identity. oh nice ford ranger you got there! is that a v6 or a v8?

uh my truck has 4 wheels and an engine and it gets me to my job that i hate, shut up bitch

Four banger eh?

500excf type r
Mar 7, 2013

I still have my factory cats etc but I removed the resonator and muffler and installed an intake and I enjoy making loud noises and pissing off bougie people with my turbo kia hatchback that makes like 24 psi of boost or maybe more idk but it's like psssssssssssSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSH pop pop pop pop

gently caress cars but if I have to own a car then I want to enjoy driving it at last

500excf type r
Mar 7, 2013

paul_soccer12 posted:

Did you run a stop sign/light

Probably was obeying the traffic laws and was in the intersection while the lights changed and the car couldn't wait for him to clear the motorway

500excf type r
Mar 7, 2013

I live out in the country, my property is surrounded by state forest with no visible neighbors (two across the street) 3 out of 4 seasons.

I don't get what possesses either of them to have moved to the forest to begin with because they go absolute nuts with the leaf blowing and then burning them all.

Why even move into literally the forest if you don't have any respect for nature and the natural composition cycles etc

500excf type r
Mar 7, 2013

lobster shirt posted:

it is very funny (in a bad way) that people will bag and throw away grass clippings and rake leaves out of their lawn and then also spend money on fertilizer. like bro its right there!

I actually had to break my partner of this over the past few years. Always leafblowing, bagging, and raking in the fall, mower has (had lol) a bagger, then also spend lols of dollars every fall on seed and fertilizer like what the gently caress. She has such a boomer brain from her father that it is some times impossible though she has gotten much much better about it

500excf type r
Mar 7, 2013

Murder machine rx7 lol

500excf type r
Mar 7, 2013

mawarannahr posted:

what’s the deal with bmw drivers? they’re like this everywhere. i don’t even drive yet it’s so noticeable. mercedes drivers aren’t like this. audi, maybe… smh

No, they are. Mercedes, Lexus, Audi, etc all driven by people that dont respect others as humans

500excf type r
Mar 7, 2013

ikanreed posted:

Actually it's been -40f

:v:

500excf type r
Mar 7, 2013

So you remove the drain bolt, drain the oil out, install a cork, and fill it back up with oil, and hope no one notices the 5 quarts of black gold under the car

500excf type r
Mar 7, 2013

skooma512 posted:

https://imgur.com/gallery/ylukM97

https://i.imgur.com/LXAPq2z.mp4

https://www.nbcmiami.com/news/local/former-miami-police-chief-breaks-down-i-95-road-rage-shooting-video/2676720/

Dude lit up someone for daring to even get mad at them for cutting them off. His defense was naturally, that he feared for his life, so he shot 11 rounds out his window and was ready to kill that other guy, and is probably now deaf.

The other car is pretty clearly the aggressor in that video and attacked the guy first, that doesnt make it okay or good to shoot all crazy like that, but if someone is attacking you, you should absolutely have every right to defend yourself.

500excf type r
Mar 7, 2013

It is lovely to have all the facts in hindsight but in the moment when someone is aggressively attacking you with and from their car, it is pretty loving scary hth

500excf type r
Mar 7, 2013

SKULL.GIF posted:

gently caress em both IMO

Absolutely the right answer overall

500excf type r
Mar 7, 2013

SMILLENNIALSMILLEN posted:

do insurance companies take this sort of information into account like they do age and sex?

Insurance companies have people whose entire occupation is to calculate your risk based on every available metric

500excf type r
Mar 7, 2013

withak posted:

That could be dangerous to you. Letting air out through the valve is safer.

Get a valve core tool and it takes a out 2 seconds to remove a core and completely deflate the tire

500excf type r
Mar 7, 2013

Who doesn't jump their supermoto on hills and train crossings etc

500excf type r
Mar 7, 2013

Woodsy Owl posted:

gently caress motorcycles too. Loud rear end bullshit. You ever met a quiet motorcycle?

Yes I own two of them

500excf type r
Mar 7, 2013

mawarannahr posted:

your avatar and username are also based off these things. it sounds like they’re what owns you!

I have like 10 loud ones but the quiet ones have the plates

500excf type r
Mar 7, 2013

Cup Runneth Over posted:

lol the gray-haired dope driving that midlife-crisis-mobile

Lol that's one of the worst possible cars for someone without ability to drive like a maniac

500excf type r
Mar 7, 2013

Maine has the great ponds and lakes act that says landowners cannot prohibit access (by foot) to any body of water over 10 acres regardless of how it's posted.

Here in CT, i have state forest across the road from my house and my neighbor uses their Comcast company car to block the access road because the first 300 feet of the road they use as their driveway.

500excf type r
Mar 7, 2013

They just moved in last summer and no one has challenged it officially. The road is old, (I personally think it was originally part of the east west native trail that ran through here). 1715 or so the first white people came down it widened it and built houses. About 60 years ago it was decommissioned and the boundary lines were moved to the centerline of the road and the abutting owners got the land.

So they do own half of the road but the other half is state forest so... Lol

The weather is nice now and in going to start riding my bicycle along the road into the forest and start tweeting Comcast asking why they keep blocking the access if and when I encounter it

500excf type r
Mar 7, 2013

Fitzy Fitz posted:

DEEP would probably love to tell these people to go gently caress themselves. I'd contact them before Comcast.

I don't like getting the government involved on my neighbors because I don't want the favor returned to me but if it gets escalated then absolutely DEEP. The forester for this area retired last year and the position hasn't been filled officially yet. I assume that once s/he verifies the boundary markers the first time then the situation will be resolved pretty quick.

500excf type r
Mar 7, 2013

Same reason punk embraced it, to piss off squares / dad

500excf type r
Mar 7, 2013

PeterCat posted:

A lot of 1% bikers are racist as gently caress though.

Pissing off the squares is just an added bonus.

Lol

500excf type r
Mar 7, 2013

Xaris posted:

i rode my bike for the first time in like 3 years up to a campus event because i knew it was also grad weekend and were a zillion suv-trucks. drat i really need to work on cleaning up and tuning. derailleurs no longer went past 1-2 and would stick requiring super heavy presses, and my rubber handebars were disintegrating rubbing plastic-rubber poo poo all over, and the back brake barely gripped enough to stop going downhill.+ i guess bike parts are still hosed up? what is a good brand for brakes/deraileurs that's still somehow affordable and in stock?

Drop it off at a local bike shop for a tune up

500excf type r
Mar 7, 2013

Grips are like 10 bucks cheap, just bring it to a shop and have them tune up the shifters and stuff for like 50 bucks and have a decent working bike

500excf type r
Mar 7, 2013

bicycles are children's trivial amusements

500excf type r
Mar 7, 2013

mawarannahr posted:

it weighed more than a F-150 lol :catstare:

lazy parents not putting their baby in a backpack with the groceries

We barely had the capability to make a razor blade in 1932, of course poo poo was overbuilt and heavy as gently caress??

500excf type r
Mar 7, 2013

I never realized you could shift gears on a bicycle while doing a wheelie, I don't know why it's never occurred to me. So far I've gotten from first to fourth on a 1x10 before the front touches down

500excf type r
Mar 7, 2013

crash requirements are probably the biggest hurdle but small cars are so much better than anything.

My first car that i bought myself, for better or worse, was a brand new base model 2004 honda civic coupe which weighed 2200lbs and i could stick my foot out the door and pedal it along it was so light and it made me really appreciate weight (or lack of really) as a feature of a vehicle

500excf type r
Mar 7, 2013

Smythe posted:

going to the bar to buy a 12 of "cold beer" like this is some extravagance. gently caress sakes.

To the bar? You mean the packie?

500excf type r
Mar 7, 2013

mawarannahr posted:

I’m glad americas mayor condemned these cars, saving countless lives https://twitter.com/phil_lewis_/status/1539572438752759808

its real cool theres no places to legally ride these things, so gently caress him and the mayors in massachusetts and hartford and all over that do this rear end in a top hat poo poo

500excf type r
Mar 7, 2013

So if they're electric that's okay?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

500excf type r
Mar 7, 2013

Sounds like an issue with people and not forms of recreation tbh