Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

BONGHITZ
Jan 1, 1970

prop 65 owns

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

BONGHITZ
Jan 1, 1970

By eleven o’clock the next day we were well upon our way to the old English capital. Holmes had been buried in the morning papers all the way down, but after we had passed the Hampshire border he threw them down and began to admire the scenery. It was an ideal spring day, a light blue sky, flecked with little fleecy white clouds drifting across from west to east. The sun was shining very brightly, and yet there was an exhilarating nip in the air, which set an edge to a man’s energy. All over the countryside, away to the rolling hills around Aldershot, the little red and grey roofs of the farm-steadings peeped out from amid the light green of the new foliage.

“Are they not fresh and beautiful?” I cried with all the enthusiasm of a man fresh from the fogs of Baker Street.

But Holmes shook his head gravely.

“Do you know, Watson,” said he, “that it is one of the curses of a mind with a turn like mine that I must look at everything with reference to my own special subject. You look at these scattered houses, and you are impressed by their beauty. I look at them, and the only thought which comes to me is a feeling of their isolation and of the impunity with which crime may be committed there.”

“Good heavens!” I cried. “Who would associate crime with these dear old homesteads?”

“They always fill me with a certain horror. It is my belief, Watson, founded upon my experience, that the lowest and vilest alleys in London do not present a more dreadful record of sin than does the smiling and beautiful countryside.”

“You horrify me!”

“But the reason is very obvious. The pressure of public opinion can do in the town what the law cannot accomplish. There is no lane so vile that the scream of a tortured child, or the thud of a drunkard’s blow, does not beget sympathy and indignation among the neighbours, and then the whole machinery of justice is ever so close that a word of complaint can set it going, and there is but a step between the crime and the dock. But look at these lonely houses, each in its own fields, filled for the most part with poor ignorant folk who know little of the law. Think of the deeds of hellish cruelty, the hidden wickedness which may go on, year in, year out, in such places, and none the wiser.

BONGHITZ
Jan 1, 1970

dont actually read that, sorry for posting it

BONGHITZ
Jan 1, 1970

if you like cats you make a cat statue. if you like cars you make a highway

BONGHITZ
Jan 1, 1970

BONGHITZ
Jan 1, 1970

lobster shirt posted:

honk honk beep beep comin through

BONGHITZ
Jan 1, 1970

Zerg Mans posted:

My commute is 120 miles a day

can you roller blade it?

BONGHITZ
Jan 1, 1970

la cucaracha horn, mandatory

BONGHITZ
Jan 1, 1970

Megamissen posted:

do you not have a specific speed limit for towing in america?

as fast as possible, you gotta go fast

BONGHITZ
Jan 1, 1970

safer to hit and run imo. never leave the car

BONGHITZ
Jan 1, 1970

Gunshow Poophole posted:

how dare you make me almost think a cop is not a bastard

BONGHITZ
Jan 1, 1970

Real hurthling! posted:

a kid where i teach built an all bamboo bike as a sustainability project and even rode it to school every day with regular tires on it and they had him meet obama during a potus visit and obama made fun of the bike and told him to focus on more practical inventions for our nations future. no lie.

obamna

BONGHITZ
Jan 1, 1970

Mr. Sharps posted:

aw are you in a hurry?? in a hurry to get somewhere???? too fuckin bad I’m looking at this bird and enjoying my day, and your agitation only makes me enjoy it even more

BONGHITZ
Jan 1, 1970

Milo and POTUS posted:

bikers are probably bigger assholes on average than car drivers since they skew more heavily male. personally I hate them both

BONGHITZ
Jan 1, 1970

spiritual bypass posted:

the dmv recommends going slower when someone tailgates u in order to reduce the likelihood of a 3 car crash

drat thats tight

BONGHITZ
Jan 1, 1970

just bike faster imo

BONGHITZ
Jan 1, 1970

people of car

BONGHITZ
Jan 1, 1970

put a gun on the noodles

BONGHITZ
Jan 1, 1970

I wear big rear end sunglasses. no one knows where I am looking or what I am thinking.

BONGHITZ
Jan 1, 1970

motor cycle drivers beg for death, you are saving his life if you kill the bike

BONGHITZ
Jan 1, 1970

it doesnt move very far, but knocking it over is moving it

BONGHITZ
Jan 1, 1970

more cc means it’s easier for me to tip over

BONGHITZ
Jan 1, 1970

i was hoping to get hit by a driverless car for a big payout. sad i missed it

BONGHITZ
Jan 1, 1970

those trucks are so badass with the extra big wheels

BONGHITZ
Jan 1, 1970

Twerk from Home posted:

Toyota created the Corolla Hybrid specifically because non-white people will not buy a Prius.

why wont they?

BONGHITZ
Jan 1, 1970

more crossing guards perhaps?

BONGHITZ
Jan 1, 1970

Mr. Sharps posted:

spider hyphen man man

BONGHITZ
Jan 1, 1970

it is what it is

BONGHITZ
Jan 1, 1970

life is cheap on the open roads

BONGHITZ
Jan 1, 1970

i say swears online posted:

insane behavior wtf. totally unearned wind in the hair

sounds fun, like a ski resort but for bikes!

BONGHITZ
Jan 1, 1970

you want more yuppies so you can have more large buildings in your dense residential zone

BONGHITZ
Jan 1, 1970

BONGHITZ
Jan 1, 1970

HashtagGirlboss posted:

Idk I think that pedestrians and dogs have the lowest level of care. Just as the car must alway defer to the bicycle, so too the bicycle must defer to the pedestrian and the dog

BONGHITZ
Jan 1, 1970

more salt. more dogs. less bikes. (danger to dogs)

BONGHITZ
Jan 1, 1970

Hot Diggity! posted:

Axel from the Twisted Metal series is technically operating a bicycle and he kills lots of people it's true

he is trapped in there its very sad

BONGHITZ
Jan 1, 1970

carry big rocks like goku

BONGHITZ
Jan 1, 1970

webcams for christ posted:

you need to start going to better bars

BONGHITZ
Jan 1, 1970

WHO posted:

Dogs are the main source of human rabies deaths, contributing up to 99% of all rabies transmissions to humans. Rabies can be prevented through vaccination of dogs and prevention of dog bites.

:staredog:

BONGHITZ
Jan 1, 1970

https://twitter.com/AntiWuCoalition/status/1732508319049208067

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

BONGHITZ
Jan 1, 1970

e: nvm