Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Relin
Oct 6, 2002

You have been a most worthy adversary, but in every game, there are winners and there are losers. And as you know, in this game, losers get robotizicized!
cars are good. i dont want to make multiple grocery trips a week or carry everything in the heat/public transit, and all the good restaurants are several cities over where i live. yes high speed rail could help that but it'd still be a schlep, my friend in dc had to walk an hour to the bus to go to the train station every day

i'd like it if dead mall parking lots were dug up for green space though

bikes suck and being sweaty wherever you go is gross

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Relin
Oct 6, 2002

You have been a most worthy adversary, but in every game, there are winners and there are losers. And as you know, in this game, losers get robotizicized!

Leroy Diplowski posted:

drat look at this sad sack of poo poo who lives several cities from a good restaurant. Dead mall parking lots and dead cities and dead people who were taken in the prime of life by a moment of distraction are all a direct result of car culture and car culture is a direct result of Americans and their "I want to never be inconvenienced and gently caress the long term impacts and all other people."

Don't say you'd like more green spaces. You got what you want. gently caress you.

i think the dead mall is more from online ordering conglomerates but go off

Relin
Oct 6, 2002

a habit i picked up during quarantine was just driving around aimlessly checking out the environs. nothing like a relaxing late night drive with some cool tunes on

Relin
Oct 6, 2002

Cugel the Clever posted:

When did school dropoff/pickup become such an ubiquitous thing? At least when and where I went to school, it was a wild abnormality.

"I have to drive my kid to school in my assault vehicle because, if they walked or biked, somebody driving their kids to school might run them over!!!" :downs:
republicans stoking fear about crime. idk why they dont take the bus instead

Relin
Oct 6, 2002

actionjackson posted:

my parents are in their mid-70s, and are going from two cars to one car

but the two cars were sedans, and the one car is going to be a mid-size SUV, because the SUV is easier to get into lol
yeah olds have a real problem with low vehicles, or low beds etc.