Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

khazar sansculotte
May 14, 2004

Seeing World Bollard Association tweets for the first time in 2021: huh, funny I guess, but why is there a whole account for this?

Seeing World Bollard Association tweets for the 8 millionth time last week: :sickos:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

khazar sansculotte
May 14, 2004

lobster shirt posted:

one of the most bonkers things about the truck simulator genre of computer games is that professional truckers also play them. that is serious dedication to the art of trucking.

Some of the most hardcore electric model train enthusiasts are former train engineers. Granted trains are much cooler but still :shrug:

khazar sansculotte
May 14, 2004

It's possible for the real estate agent to have earned the extra dollar if they're doing the legwork on finding someone competent to do the job at a reasonable price, lining up permits and inspections, etc. Doesn't sound like what OP's agent was up to though lol. But she probably had a $1,500/mo car payment on a 2019 Camry, so who can blame her.

khazar sansculotte
May 14, 2004

Cathedral doors (which is just a normal door in front of a suicide door) are unsafe for occupants for one of the exact same reason convertibles are unsafe: lack of physical structure/barriers in the event of a crash. When you have cathedral doors on a convertible, you're basically riding an enormous motorcycle. Worst of all worlds.

khazar sansculotte
May 14, 2004

"I've never had that interaction. Buddy, I am that interaction."

khazar sansculotte
May 14, 2004

I also love how they're both describing the exact same situation, he just doesn't realize it because he's probably the one looking at his phone and/or the infotainment system in his "fun car."

khazar sansculotte
May 14, 2004

fermun posted:

probably old. they're driving an automatic, at 8 seconds in they take their foot off the gas, then when they are about to hit the driveway, they go to put their foot on the brake but they accidentally hit the gas, then when the car accelerates they panic and they push harder on the pedal they think is the brake but is actually the accelerator and so they zoom into the garage.

Many such cases!

khazar sansculotte
May 14, 2004

BonHair posted:

Yeah, but votes in America can actually cause real material harm, unlike cars and guns.

Unrelated, and I know you're being facetious, but this is what's so stupid about the whole "if voting changed anything they would make it illegal :smug:" attitude some people have. They are trying to make it illegal! You imbecile. you loving moron.

khazar sansculotte
May 14, 2004

HashtagGirlboss posted:

But not really. They’re trying to make it more inconvenient and unpleasant, as much in an attempt to placate idiot movement conservatives who don’t understand how this poo poo works

Same with non-car forms of transit. Makes u think...

khazar sansculotte
May 14, 2004

Thank you officer for making our roads safer.

khazar sansculotte
May 14, 2004

Isn't there like a whole show in Japan about three year olds going outside alone to run household errands?

khazar sansculotte
May 14, 2004

Evasion and Graffiti Lawlessness Eradication (EAGLE) team

khazar sansculotte
May 14, 2004

Definitely something an adult came up with

khazar sansculotte
May 14, 2004

On my bike, baseball bat in one hand, hitting every beg button I pass, forcing cars behind me to stop at every intersection, laughing maniacally as I am gunned down by

khazar sansculotte
May 14, 2004

HashtagGirlboss posted:

You want to have your birthday at a real fancy restaurant but realize you can’t afford it. Instead of picking somewhere cheaper you put it off for a month to save up the cash but then you just end up not going out at all

This is how American infrastructure works

You take an Uber to an atm that you could walk to and withdraw cash. You take another one back home because you only wrote down the address and your reservation time in your smart fridge and forgot what they were. By the time you get back home, you've missed your reservation and the money you saved is gone.

khazar sansculotte
May 14, 2004

LonsomeSon posted:

listen buddy we've told you before nobody else is going to think marrying or loving the flagpole is cool and normal no matter how much you post

buddy, they won't even let me gently caress it

khazar sansculotte
May 14, 2004

Elon has killed more billionaires in the last few weeks than US leftists have in the last 100 years :sad:

khazar sansculotte
May 14, 2004

Boats also sink

khazar sansculotte
May 14, 2004

Based on the window tinting I used to see everywhere in Florida, I'd think they would be excited about black mirror experiences.

khazar sansculotte
May 14, 2004

Crazy that he's being charged for this. Who among us would not give it some gas on an open straight road?

khazar sansculotte
May 14, 2004

Should've remained at the scene and said it was an accident. Car Violence 101.

khazar sansculotte
May 14, 2004

Fitzy Fitz posted:

Oh, right, duh. If it's still broken in a week I'll call back and tell them the button is stuck in the on position and triggering red lights even when no pedestrians are present.

Just call them now and say it's been that way for a week.

khazar sansculotte
May 14, 2004

Smythe posted:

its a very funny story but its also, likely, complete fiction and (agreeable) propaganda. :discourse:

Yeah, no landlord is that easy to work with.

khazar sansculotte
May 14, 2004

congestion pricing ftw

khazar sansculotte
May 14, 2004

Hello fellow Cybertruck enthusiasts

I've been part of this amazing community for a while, soaking up the wisdom and camaraderie you all generously share. Your guidance has been a beacon through my journey of anticipation and patience for the Cybertruck, a symbol of innovation and personal aspiration for me.

I'm reaching out today for your insights on a dilemma that's weighing heavily on me. Six months ago, I couldn't imagine seeking advice 😞, but I've come to value this community's spirit of support and kindness. 😟

The 4years journey to the Cybertruck's launch has been my solace and motivation, mirroring my hopes for a brighter future amidst personal challenges. My reservation number is 11292xxxx, and recently, I've been presented with two options:

1. Opt for the AWD Foundation Series at $99,000 today, potentially receiving it by the end of 2024.

2. Wait for the regular AWD model at $80,000, ( my best guess the option will likely become available by fall of 2024), with delivery by the end of 2025, allowing me to save more money and use more money to personalize truck later.

Initially, I leaned towards the second option for its financial prudence and soundness. However, life threw me a curveball I hadn't anticipated. My marriage has been struggling, and despite my best efforts, it seems we're at an impasse. This turmoil threatens the financial stability required for buying the Cybertruck, a dream that's been a beacon of hope for me. There is a risk that either my wife initiates a divorce or that I may have to trigger the divorce myself if the situation gets totally out of control or my kids' wellbeing is impacted in a bad way.

Given these circumstances, I'm contemplating securing the Cybertruck sooner through the first option, despite the financial stretch it represents. This decision feels like a crucial step to preserve a piece of my future dreams amid the storm.

I'd love to hear your thoughts:
How would you navigate this choice?
If I commit to the AWD Foundation Series now, when must I finalize financing?
Is it possible to switch to the regular AWD later without losing my reservation spot, even if it means forfeiting the deposit?
Any advice on proceeding with my Cybertruck dream if a divorce is imminent?

Your wisdom and support mean the world to me during this crossroads. Thank you for lending an ear and sharing your insights.

khazar sansculotte
May 14, 2004

Can't believe Chevrolet is trying to force their corporate woke agenda on real america, everyone knows women and minorities don't drive trucks!!

khazar sansculotte
May 14, 2004

This is what happens when you defund the police, checkmate libtards :smugbert:

khazar sansculotte
May 14, 2004

zero knowledge posted:

you just settle into the cruising speed, zone out, and suddenly it's five hours later and you're 600 km down the road.

When faced with the agony and lethality of driving, the brain is wired to fire off a cocktail of neurotransmitters to simulate a train-like experience and ease your pain in what it assumes are your final moments.

khazar sansculotte
May 14, 2004

Saw a cyber truck on the road today for the first time, those things look and move like soapbox derby cars, which incidentally probably also have better QC. Terrifying.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

khazar sansculotte
May 14, 2004

Zapf Dingbat posted:

The news has warned us that Waymo is coming to our city. What can I expect?

https://twitter.com/Gia_Vang/status/1756569968265847043