Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

super fart shooter
Feb 11, 2003

-quacka fat-
What controller layout are people using? I switched everything to a custom bumper jumper style thing since that's what I've played Halo with, and it seems like you definitely want to be able to jetpack and aim at the same time... Then I put melee on RB so my only options for portals are RS and A, which isn't great. Feels like you need one more shoulder button or something (or an xbox elite lol)

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

super fart shooter
Feb 11, 2003

-quacka fat-
a little confusing to have FFA modes like instagib and gun game under the "team rumble" header, but whatever, I get the idea

super fart shooter
Feb 11, 2003

-quacka fat-
I feel like the bat could use some improvement... the windup is slow, and the hitbox seems really small, plus the animation doesn't really make it very clear when it's active. I might be overreacting though cause I played a round of zombie VIP, and it seems these problems are exacerbated by the super fast movement speed

super fart shooter
Feb 11, 2003

-quacka fat-
I was getting really frustrated on Olympus yesterday. It's got a lot going on visually, including lots of blue walls and other surfaces, and the blue sky, and it makes it kinda hard to pick out the portal walls in the distance if you don't already know where they all are. They could probably fix it pretty easily by just changing the color scheme for the portal surfaces on that map alone, like make them bright green, then you can leave everything else the same

super fart shooter
Feb 11, 2003

-quacka fat-

Spacebump posted:

Anyone else come back to this because Halo doesn't have enough content and BTB isn't working?

I've enjoyed Halo BTB a lot, but man the they've got some serious issues to work out, I get errors trying to join games more than half the time. For getting into matches, this game is quick and pretty flawless.

I just wish they had some more UI customization options, coming off Halo, everything's in the wrong corners of the screen and I often find myself frantically looking around to find the radar or even just my ammo count