Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Chucktesla
Jul 13, 2014

blarzgh posted:

Would you prefer more traditional metrics, like how his 40 wins through his first four seasons are the 5th most by any QB in history?

Where does his hat size rank among active quarterbacks

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

BrownThunder
Oct 26, 2005

EXTEND BEN!
Forever and ever and ever

fartknocker posted:

Jared Lorenzen should be #1 on every list.

The list is exclusively for alive QBs

blarzgh
Apr 14, 2009

SNITCHIN' RANDY
Grimey Drawer

Phobeste posted:

Football is a what-have-you-done-for-me lately sport and when I watched a lot of Cowboys games last year, let me tell you I didn't exactly see Dak Prescott leading his team to victory by hook or by crook and establishing himself as a starter in the National Football League. Quite honestly, he didn't even show up - and I think that's a problem.

Lol, good bit

sweet thursday
Sep 16, 2012

Dak. Heh, well, he's no Tony Romo.

blarzgh
Apr 14, 2009

SNITCHIN' RANDY
Grimey Drawer
https://www.bloggingtheboys.com/2021/7/12/22574111/dak-prescott-ranked-as-the-seventh-best-quarterback-in-the-nfl

I'n fairness, and contrary to my own position, a survey of NFL execs, players, coaches and scouts had Dak at 7th overall.

a patagonian cavy
Jan 12, 2009

UUA CVG 230000 KZID /RM TODAY IS THE FIRST DAY OF THE BENGALS DYNASTY
josh Allen has two playoff victories to dak’s one. he’s better

Doltos
Dec 28, 2005

🤌🤌🤌
I told you all the nfc east thread was leaking but im the greta thumberg of tff

fartknocker
Oct 28, 2012

Damn it, this always happens. I think I'm gonna score, and then I never score. It's not fair.

Wedge Regret

BrownThunder posted:

The list is exclusively for alive QBs

Recency bias

a patagonian cavy
Jan 12, 2009

UUA CVG 230000 KZID /RM TODAY IS THE FIRST DAY OF THE BENGALS DYNASTY

Doltos posted:

I told you all the nfc east thread was leaking but im the greta thumberg of tff

short and whiny, checks out

Chucktesla
Jul 13, 2014

I am fine with Herbert being better than Dak and the reason why is because Herbert is better at football than Dak

a neat cape
Feb 22, 2007

Aw hunny, these came out GREAT!
I think Herbert is definitely in a better spot than Dak heading into this season and also has higher upside

MrLogan
Feb 4, 2004

Ask me about Derek Carr's stolen MVP awards, those dastardly refs, and, oh yeah, having the absolute worst fucking gimmick in The Football Funhouse.

blarzgh posted:

https://www.bloggingtheboys.com/2021/7/12/22574111/dak-prescott-ranked-as-the-seventh-best-quarterback-in-the-nfl

I'n fairness, and contrary to my own position, a survey of NFL execs, players, coaches and scouts had Dak at 7th overall.

Most NFL execs are garbage.

blarzgh posted:

Or, you could blame it on the fact that Dallas has generally had a garbage defense for the last 5 years, how many times you score on the other team comes back and scores again.

You know what, you're right. The great oline, RB, and WR group isn't enough. Dak isn't getting help from his defense.

Next you're going to say it's because Dak plays in a tough division or something.

Dubious
Mar 7, 2006

The Heroes the Vikings Deserve
Lipstick Apathy
Prescott, however, has not always been great against high-level teams. In 2019, Dallas was 1-6 against opponents that made the playoffs, with Prescott throwing for eight touchdowns to eight interceptions in those matchups. Against non-playoff teams, Prescott cleaned up, with 22 touchdowns to three interceptions and a 7-2 record. For his career, Prescott is 9-17 against eventual playoff teams.

sweet thursday
Sep 16, 2012

RawQBR = g(AdjustedEPA/ActionPlays) x Division

Where g() is a function that scales from 0-100, where 50 is average and NFC East = 0

syzpid
Aug 9, 2014
Pretty good list, and I agree with 99% of it, but how is Jacob Eason, a former 4th rounder who didn't throw a pass last season, ahead of anyone? Or is he just supposed to be a generic placeholder for whoever the Colts trade for?

Honestly, I'd be more offended if Wentz was ranked that high.

a neat cape
Feb 22, 2007

syzpid posted:

Pretty good list, and I agree with 99% of it, but how is Jacob Eason, a former 4th rounder who didn't throw a pass last season, ahead of anyone? Or is he just supposed to be a generic placeholder for whoever the Colts trade for?

Honestly, I'd be more offended if Wentz was ranked that high.

Hes basically a rookie, who I put at the bottom by default. But Eason has at least had a year in the system. That's my reasoning

kiimo
Jul 24, 2003

The Cousins apologists are relatively silent these days

edit: also Tannehill stat posters

Mr. Nice!
Oct 13, 2005

c-spam cannot afford

Athanatos posted:

I was going to say Dalton is too high, but then I looked at the names under him...and I guess not.

It's called the Dalton line for a reason.

surf rock
Aug 12, 2007

We need more women in STEM, and by that, I mean skateboarding, television, esports, and magic.
I would:

- Move Watson up between Wilson and Jackson
- Move Prescott up between Jackson and Allen
- Move Brady down between Stafford and Herbert
- Flip Murray and Burrow
- Flip Fitzpatrick and Ryan
- Flip Dalton and Garoppolo
- Move both Lock and Jones down after Darnold

But the list is fine as-is tbh, good job

blarzgh
Apr 14, 2009

SNITCHIN' RANDY
Grimey Drawer

Dubious posted:

Prescott, however, has not always been great against high-level teams. In 2019, Dallas was 1-6 against opponents that made the playoffs, with Prescott throwing for eight touchdowns to eight interceptions in those matchups. Against non-playoff teams, Prescott cleaned up, with 22 touchdowns to three interceptions and a 7-2 record. For his career, Prescott is 9-17 against eventual playoff teams.

2019:
Cowboys WRs - #1 Drops
Cowboys D - T#27 in turnovers
Cowboys D - T#32 in interceptions
Cowboys K - #26 FG%
Cowboys K - #28 points

Games 4, 5, 11, and 15 (they were even money in G12)

Game 4 - NOR 12, DAL 10: Zeke was handed the ball 18 times for a whopping 35 yards. Zeke and Witten both fumble in the game, giving NOR a two-possession advantage. Prescott still completed 66% of his passes.

Game 5 - DAL 24, GB 34: Dak throws for 460 yards and 2 TDs. However, the Defense gives up 14 points in the first half, Maher misses 2 field goals, and Dallas WRs have 4 drops, two of which bounce off receiver's hands into GB interceptions. Two possession advantage for GB.

Game 11 - NE 13, DAL 9: Close game, Dak throws for more yards than Brady in bad weather.

Game 15: PHI 17, DAL 9: Dallas Defense gives up another 10 in the first quarter, DALLAS WRS HAVE 4 DROPS, Pollard fumbles, Defense gets 0 interceptions.

blarzgh
Apr 14, 2009

SNITCHIN' RANDY
Grimey Drawer

MrLogan posted:

Dak isn't getting help from his defense.

When a team's defense allows 30+ points, the BEST quarterbacks in the NFL only win about 25% of their games.

https://twitter.com/catchtheblitz/status/1264205320030769153?s=20

Dak is the 4th best.

So yes, being a team game and all, having your defense give up points left and right will affect your QB WINNZZZZ

Despite that fact Dak Still won more games in his first 4 seasons than all but 5 other quarterbacks Ever, in the History of football.

Dubious posted:

Versus teams with a winning record: Dak Prescott 13-20

Aaron Rodgers 36-43
Baker Mayfield 6-14
Josh Allen 7-10
Justin Herbert 1-5
Deshaun Watson 7-19
Matthew Stafford 8-67

sweet thursday
Sep 16, 2012

This man loves him some Dak

Doltos
Dec 28, 2005

🤌🤌🤌
Now don't get me wrong we all like Dak, we all want to kiss Dak, we all want to feel Dak exploring our bodies

sweet thursday
Sep 16, 2012

When he lines up at the Dak buffet my man already scoops up seconds

kiimo
Jul 24, 2003

I feel like I'm at a yoga class

Cavauro
Jan 9, 2008

joe burrow is almost in the top 15 of qbs

a neat cape
Feb 22, 2007

Cavauro posted:

joe burrow is almost in the top 15 of qbs

When I rank QBs next August I think be will be in the top 15

Metapod
Mar 18, 2012
Ross thank you for understanding anything before 2020 doesn't matter

kiimo
Jul 24, 2003

I like Burrow a lot. He threw some darts last year. I was impressed watching games with him and Herbert all season.

But also camp is supposed to be unbridled optimism time. I feel like the only pessimism QBs in the league right now out of camp are Burrow, Wilson and Hurts.

Even Denver is loving the upgrade to Teddy. Unless I'm missing some yikes camp moments.

Phobeste
Apr 9, 2006

never, like, count out Touchdown Tom, man
blarzgh is putting out a truly impressive amount of volume, racking up some gaudy posting numbers, but in the end he's not going to actually accomplish anything and will go down as a footnote in history. I guess what I'm saying is he's the perfect poster posting the perfect posts to try and defend dak "maybe we'll lose in the nfc championship this year" prescott

Dubious
Mar 7, 2006

The Heroes the Vikings Deserve
Lipstick Apathy
I think if I were playing QB, I'd simply elevate my play to support the struggles of the defense and give them some breathing room, but that's just me

fartknocker
Oct 28, 2012

Damn it, this always happens. I think I'm gonna score, and then I never score. It's not fair.

Wedge Regret
Chad Pennington should be ranked higher

unl33t
Feb 21, 2004

Phobeste posted:

blarzgh is putting out a truly impressive amount of volume, racking up some gaudy posting numbers, but in the end he's not going to actually accomplish anything and will go down as a footnote in history. I guess what I'm saying is he's the perfect poster posting the perfect posts to try and defend dak "maybe we'll lose in the nfc championship this year" prescott

I, for one, am impressed with his research skills.

Phobeste
Apr 9, 2006

never, like, count out Touchdown Tom, man

unl33t posted:

I, for one, am impressed with his research skills.

Yeah the big difference is he's always available to post this stuff

blarzgh
Apr 14, 2009

SNITCHIN' RANDY
Grimey Drawer
It's been a slow day at work

MrLogan
Feb 4, 2004

Ask me about Derek Carr's stolen MVP awards, those dastardly refs, and, oh yeah, having the absolute worst fucking gimmick in The Football Funhouse.

Chucktesla posted:

Dak should be ranked lower due to all the advanced stats needed to show that he's good, actually

a neat cape
Feb 22, 2007

I think Stafford will be a dark horse MVP Candidate this season

Shimrra Jamaane
Aug 10, 2007

Obscure to all except those well-versed in Yuuzhan Vong lore.
The list is ok but I think any reasonable football fan would agree that Brady should have a ceremonial rank above 1, like how the US armed forces reserves the rank of 6 Star General solely for George Washington.

Mystic Stylez
Dec 19, 2009

Now do Dak's punt surrender index and scorigamis

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Coolwhoami
Sep 13, 2007

Phobeste posted:

The quarterback ranked at number 5, Tom Brady, will be the one who wins this year's Super Bowl, which will be his eighth, just like he did last year.

hello,

are you a patriots fan or a brady fan?

cheers,

coolwhoami