Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Impossibly Perfect Sphere
Nov 6, 2002

They wasted Luanne on Lucky!

She could of have been so much more but the writers just didn't care!

latinotwink1997 posted:

gently caress Tom Brady

I will defend to the death your right to say it, but gently caress you.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

fartknocker
Oct 28, 2012

Damn it, this always happens. I think I'm gonna score, and then I never score. It's not fair.

Wedge Regret

latinotwink1997 posted:

gently caress Tom Brady

:hmmyes:

Raku posted:

I think McCorkle is undergoing tiny, unnoticeable cosmetic surgeries night by night to slowly morph into tom brady

Look, we all have seen what McCorkle is going to morph into:

pasaluki
Feb 27, 2008

THIS WHAGON HAS NO BREAKS! I HAVE THE HEART OF THE BUUFALO the strength OF THE MOUNTAIN, THE FURY OF THE THUNDER AND MY WILL IS UNBREAKABLE! I will not surrender to KNOW ONE

That's my mod! *sniffles*

pasaluki
Feb 27, 2008

THIS WHAGON HAS NO BREAKS! I HAVE THE HEART OF THE BUUFALO the strength OF THE MOUNTAIN, THE FURY OF THE THUNDER AND MY WILL IS UNBREAKABLE! I will not surrender to KNOW ONE
Okay I've finally after years of searching in futility found an advanced analytic I like:

Espn's big dick football power index:
https://www.espn.com/nfl/fpi/_/season/2021

What does it mean? No idea but it sounds really smart to me.

Kalli
Jun 2, 2001

"expected point margin on a neutral field"

Best defense is worth 2.6 points, best offense is the Chiefs, lapping the field at 5.8.

Worst are the Texans in both, at -3.8 and -3.9 each, sure okay. ST range from +.6 (Bills) to -.7 (Chargers). Sure, okay. Don't have previous years preseason data to look at, but it's very funny that the Chiefs at that high are still like half of what they were scored at offensively the previous 3 years.

TheBizzness
Oct 5, 2004

Reign on me.
Gotta love the Dolphins being in the Top 12 of teams but the 7th in the AFC and thus out of the playoffs.

Hamhandler
Aug 9, 2008

[I want to] shit in your fucking mouth. [I'm going to] slap your fucking mouth. [I'm going to] slap your real mother across the face [laughter]. Fuck you, you're still a rookie. I'll kill you.
https://twitter.com/schadjoe/status/1424866926514298884

huh guess he wasn't too hosed up

Declan MacManus
Sep 1, 2011

damn i'm really in this bitch

TheBizzness posted:

Gotta love the Dolphins being in the Top 12 of teams but the 7th in the AFC and thus out of the playoffs.

move us to the nfc south, put the ravens in the afc east, put the panthers in the afc south, put the colts in the afc north

bing bang boom so simple

Shimrra Jamaane
Aug 10, 2007

Obscure to all except those well-versed in Yuuzhan Vong lore.
Hunter Henry got hurt somehow and he’s due for an MRI to find out why. Not great.

Impossibly Perfect Sphere
Nov 6, 2002

They wasted Luanne on Lucky!

She could of have been so much more but the writers just didn't care!
He's always injured. No surprise there.

fsif
Jul 18, 2003

Jonnu's been showing out better anyway, though, right?

Shimrra Jamaane
Aug 10, 2007

Obscure to all except those well-versed in Yuuzhan Vong lore.

fsif posted:

Jonnu's been showing out better anyway, though, right?

Since he came back off PUP yes.

PERPETUAL IDIOT
Sep 12, 2003

Ehud
Sep 19, 2003

football.

Yay Gesicki is back.

https://twitter.com/MiamiDolphins/status/1425094824898801678?s=20

mcmagic
Jul 1, 2004

If you see this avatar while scrolling the succ zone, you have been visited by the mcmagic of shitty lib takes! Good luck and prosperity will come to you, but only if you reply "shut the fuck up mcmagic" to this post!
The Jets have like a 30 min internet show every day of training camp that just shows video of players standing around and then cuts out before you actually get to see any of practice. Just absolutely cursed lol.

Hamhandler
Aug 9, 2008

[I want to] shit in your fucking mouth. [I'm going to] slap your fucking mouth. [I'm going to] slap your real mother across the face [laughter]. Fuck you, you're still a rookie. I'll kill you.
I was mad the Patriots got Hunter Henry, but paying Jonnu Smith a shitload of money never made any sense to me. He was only OK in what is probably the friendliest possible scheme for him.

Magicpants
Sep 15, 2011

Certified Poster

Hamhandler posted:

I was mad the Patriots got Hunter Henry, but paying Jonnu Smith a shitload of money never made any sense to me. He was only OK in what is probably the friendliest possible scheme for him.

honestly I was more excited for the Jonnu signing than Henry. Jonnu's great, he just didn't get a ton of looks. just wait, Jonnu will lead the team in TD catches (which admittedly won't be hard to do on this offense)

TheBizzness
Oct 5, 2004

Reign on me.
But Cam doesn’t throw TD passes and McCorkle is terrible so that number might literally by 2

Hamhandler
Aug 9, 2008

Magicpants posted:

honestly I was more excited for the Jonnu signing than Henry. Jonnu's great, he just didn't get a ton of looks. just wait, Jonnu will lead the team in TD catches (which admittedly won't be hard to do on this offense)

I think if he was going to break out he'd have done it already with the Titans, he had two years with full time starting snaps in a scheme that basically should be free real estate for anyone with his movement skills and he ended up losing target share to a guy name Firkser who can't play in-line even in outside zone.

fsif
Jul 18, 2003

I think you're making a good point but it's worth noting the Titans were a run heavy offense that also featured AJ Brown.

Diva Cupcake
Aug 15, 2005

Just look at this elite defense at work. Without Quinnen!
https://twitter.com/OptimisticJets/status/1425125040727732225

Kalli
Jun 2, 2001

You could #Patriots that as well. Dominant defense club, yeah yeah

t a s t e
Sep 6, 2010

Listen fellas I don’t want to get too big a head here but I’m liking the Bills to repeat this year

Ehud
Sep 19, 2003

football.

Cool, I hope.

https://twitter.com/schadjoe/status/1425139491015217155?s=20

Ehud
Sep 19, 2003

football.

i've seen enough. zach wilson has lost the NYJ qb competition :colbert:

https://twitter.com/Connor_J_Hughes/status/1425126584529346568?s=20

t a s t e
Sep 6, 2010

Ending practice on a pick 👀

Hamhandler
Aug 9, 2008

I don't think he was going to do much this year and probably not be better than like Smythe/Shaheen but it'd be nice not to lose the rest of the development time.

torgeaux
Dec 31, 2004
I serve...

Hamhandler posted:

I don't think he was going to do much this year and probably not be better than like Smythe/Shaheen but it'd be nice not to lose the rest of the development time.

The flexibility to just cut Shaheen is big, though.

Diva Cupcake
Aug 15, 2005

Tony Pauline is saying that the Mims running with the 2s and 3s early in camp is being blown out of proportion. He missed most of OTAs after losing 15lbs from food poisoning this summer and needed to play catch up with the playbook but he's very much in their plans.

https://twitter.com/TonyPauline/status/1425151182524325891?s=20

mcmagic
Jul 1, 2004

If you see this avatar while scrolling the succ zone, you have been visited by the mcmagic of shitty lib takes! Good luck and prosperity will come to you, but only if you reply "shut the fuck up mcmagic" to this post!
It would be really dumb to trade Mims now even if he is like 5th on the depth chart.

fartknocker
Oct 28, 2012

Damn it, this always happens. I think I'm gonna score, and then I never score. It's not fair.

Wedge Regret

t a s t e posted:

Ending practice on a pick 👀

Made me think of this:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4aKg8iGnWjI

Hamhandler
Aug 9, 2008

torgeaux posted:

The flexibility to just cut Shaheen is big, though.

I think before all this it was 100% going to be Smythe who got cut and Shaheen who stuck around, now who knows?

Magicpants
Sep 15, 2011

Certified Poster

Hamhandler posted:

I think if he was going to break out he'd have done it already with the Titans, he had two years with full time starting snaps in a scheme that basically should be free real estate for anyone with his movement skills and he ended up losing target share to a guy name Firkser who can't play in-line even in outside zone.

in my professional estimation the worst thing you can say about jonnu is his route running is pretty raw. im not expecting him to be the primary target but hes gonna get a ton of yac off misdirection and screens and hes a big red zone play action threat whos always going to be in goalline packages with his blocking ability. he was excellent the first couple games aj brown missed last year when he was the #2 target. then the titans just used him to block because their line is so bad and the passing game is so minimal that they only really use 2 receivers

latinotwink1997
Jan 2, 2008

Taste my Ball of Hope, foul dragon!

I was surprised when I saw a recent pic of Lawrence at practice with long hair because this is basically my new reality.

Paracausal
Sep 5, 2011

Oh yeah, baby. Frame your suffering as a masterpiece. Only one problem - no one's watching. It's boring, buddy, boring as death.
https://twitter.com/rydunleavy/status/1425126959617556482?s=19

So how much of this is a beatup?

syzpid
Aug 9, 2014
Out of all his crimes as Head Coach, Gase's greatest crime was somehow managing to win 2 games last season.

Ehud
Sep 19, 2003

football.

Zach Wilson is already a bust

Sorry I don’t make the rules

Declan MacManus
Sep 1, 2011

it's really important that you project an entire career based on the first action that a player sees in a non contact scrimmage

on the other hand he's a jets qb

Declan MacManus
Sep 1, 2011

that's almost as bad as being a dolphins qb

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Phobeste
Apr 9, 2006

never, like, count out Touchdown Tom, man

TheBizzness posted:

Cam throw TD passes and McCorkle is might