Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

TheBizzness
Oct 5, 2004

Reign on me.
Hopefully Josh Best QB in the league Allen can throw for more than 7 yards per attempt this game/season.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Amy Pole Her
Jun 17, 2002

Diva Cupcake posted:

That's from the news segment he was interviewed for when he was Broncos ball boy.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=f8RGz1Bd59s

Whatever it’s from im absolutely loving seeing all the poo poo they’re giving him and how well he rolls with it.

Professor Funk
Aug 4, 2008

WE ALL KNOW WHAT NEEDS TO HAPPEN
Jets do cap stuff, likely means they’ll keep Mosley through next year because this will spike next years cap hit.

https://twitter.com/fieldyates/status/1565713553281220609?s=21

sirtommygunn
Mar 7, 2013

14.88 million huh, exactly that amount?

Impossibly Perfect Sphere
Nov 6, 2002

They wasted Luanne on Lucky!

She could of have been so much more but the writers just didn't care!
NOW they restructure.

https://twitter.com/FieldYates/status/1565707912319737858

quote:

Jonnu Smith’s new cap numbers are:
2022 - $8,381,176 - $5.31M decrease
2023 - $17.405M (a $2.655M increase)
2024 - $18.405M (also a $2.655M increase).

lol what a waste of money

fsif
Jul 18, 2003

TheBizzness posted:

Hopefully Josh Best QB in the league Allen can throw for more than 7 yards per attempt this game/season.

LightReaper
May 3, 2007

*tears in eyes* That’s my Quarterback

Amy Pole Her
Jun 17, 2002

sirtommygunn posted:

14.88 million huh, exactly that amount?

I like how he went 11.904

Thank god we accounted for that 400 bux!

Diva Cupcake
Aug 15, 2005

Professor Funk posted:

Jets do cap stuff, likely means they’ll keep Mosley through next year because this will spike next years cap hit.
They needed space heading into the season and they still like Mosley.

If they wanted to move on next year the 2023 dead cap hit increased from like $11m to $15m. Considering they essentially have no dead cap this year, it's a minimal change.

fartknocker
Oct 28, 2012

Damn it, this always happens. I think I'm gonna score, and then I never score. It's not fair.

Wedge Regret
I just spent five minutes trying to remember the names of Trent Edwards and J.P. Losman.

Sheen Sheen
Nov 18, 2002

fartknocker posted:

I just spent five minutes trying to remember the names of Trent Edwards and J.P. Losman.

Why would you do that

I spent the last ten years trying to forget those names

fartknocker
Oct 28, 2012

Damn it, this always happens. I think I'm gonna score, and then I never score. It's not fair.

Wedge Regret

Sheen Sheen posted:

Why would you do that

I spent the last ten years trying to forget those names

Long winding story is somehow The Office came up, including the bleh last season where Jim becomes an sports marketing something or other, and in one episode they mention a meeting with Trent Edwards as if that was ever a good thing. That made me try and remember the guy he was competing with at one point and I knew it was a QB with initials in their name, but it wasn’t E.J. Manuel or A.J. Feeley, but it had a J in it (And definitely wasn’t J.T. O’Sullivan) and J.P. Losman took me a while to dredge up.

Sheen Sheen
Nov 18, 2002
Lol I remember seeing Trent Edwards name dropped in The Office; it made me laugh harder than anything else in that episode even though it probably wasn’t supposed to be a joke

Impossibly Perfect Sphere
Nov 6, 2002

They wasted Luanne on Lucky!

She could of have been so much more but the writers just didn't care!
Look at all the Team Trent deniers ITT.

pasaluki
Feb 27, 2008

THIS WHAGON HAS NO BREAKS! I HAVE THE HEART OF THE BUUFALO the strength OF THE MOUNTAIN, THE FURY OF THE THUNDER AND MY WILL IS UNBREAKABLE! I will not surrender to KNOW ONE
I normally have kept my composure with Bills horrors at least outwardly no matter how brutal internally it is.

The one exception was was for whatever reason Bills @ Jets 2008

Buffalo is up 27-24 they have the ball late in the 4th and Marshawn Lynch is running 6 yds avg and they instead they have stupid JP Losman throw it and he gets completely destroyed Jets pick up the ball and score and the Bills are defeated in truly humiliating fashion.

fsif
Jul 18, 2003

I was living with a Jets fan roommate that year. He tormented me with that clip.

Just grateful Brett Favre just-having-fun-out-there'd the end of that season.

Sheen Sheen
Nov 18, 2002

Impossibly Perfect Sphere posted:

Look at all the Team Trent deniers ITT.

It was quite sad to see people falling all over themselves to talk up Trent Edwards in the early days because he could complete a 4-yard pass

I guess you’ll take what you can get when you’re coming from JP Losman

Diva Cupcake
Aug 15, 2005

If by funslinging you mean Favre not disclosing a torn bicep tendon in order to extend his streak then yea it ended our season.

WalletBeef
Jun 11, 2005

Sheen Sheen posted:

It was quite sad to see people falling all over themselves to talk up Trent Edwards in the early days because he could complete a 4-yard pass

I guess you’ll take what you can get when you’re coming from JP Losman

https://youtu.be/jEFXV8ogv3Y

TheBizzness
Oct 5, 2004

Reign on me.

Hi Josh!

Sheen Sheen
Nov 18, 2002
If JP Losman’s Bills career ended in the most JP Losman way possible (see above), it was only fitting that Trent Edwards’s Bills career ended in the most Trent Edwards way possible—running out of bounds on 4th down seven yards behind the first down marker

TheBizzness
Oct 5, 2004

Reign on me.
My lasting mental image of Tannehill will be him sliding a yard short of sticks on 4th down, with the playoffs on the line.

fsif
Jul 18, 2003

Sheen Sheen posted:

If JP Losman’s Bills career ended in the most JP Losman way possible (see above), it was only fitting that Trent Edwards’s Bills career ended in the most Trent Edwards way possible—running out of bounds on 4th down seven yards behind the first down marker

Forgot about that. There must be a compelling untold oral history about the end of his Bills career. They outright CUT him after benching him.

Kurgarra Queen
Jun 11, 2008

GIVE ME MORE
SUPER BOWL
WINS

pasaluki posted:

I normally have kept my composure with Bills horrors at least outwardly no matter how brutal internally it is.

The one exception was was for whatever reason Bills @ Jets 2008

Buffalo is up 27-24 they have the ball late in the 4th and Marshawn Lynch is running 6 yds avg and they instead they have stupid JP Losman throw it and he gets completely destroyed Jets pick up the ball and score and the Bills are defeated in truly humiliating fashion.
Oh my God, I’ll never forget the feeling of certain doom as Losman rolled out, a Jets defender pursuing his oblivious prey in what felt like slow motion. It encapsulated Losman’s utter lack of awareness and inability to protect the football.

Edwards encapsulated that he was a lame cowardly idiot whose brain was irreparably scrambled by that bad hit that hurt him against the…Cardinals, wasn’t it?

Anyway, we earned every ridiculous Josh Allen pass that will ever be thrown.

Sheen Sheen
Nov 18, 2002

fsif posted:

Forgot about that. There must be a compelling untold oral history about the end of his Bills career. They outright CUT him after benching him.

I’m having a hard time imagining what that could even be, Trent Edwards and Chan Gailey are like two of the most milquetoast personalities that the NFL ever produced (only outdone by Dick Jauron)

syzpid
Aug 9, 2014

Diva Cupcake posted:

If by funslinging you mean Favre not disclosing a torn bicep tendon in order to extend his streak then yea it ended our season.

Didn't the Jets & Mangini know about it and that's why they got fined?

Sheen Sheen
Nov 18, 2002

Lance of Llanwyln posted:

Oh my God, I’ll never forget the feeling of certain doom as Losman rolled out, a Jets defender pursuing his oblivious prey in what felt like slow motion. It encapsulated Losman’s utter lack of awareness and inability to protect the football.

Every single Bills fan I’ve ever talked to about that play tells me that their heart immediately sank the instant they saw JP rolling out, while every single Jets fan I’ve talked to about that play tells me that they felt this intense spark of hope at that same instant. Every single person watching that game knew exactly what the outcome was going to be even before Jason Peters whiffed on his block and allowed the Jets defender to be a free runner; the fraction of a second it took for JP to fake the handoff sealed the Bills’s fate. It was pre-ordained. It was destiny.

Sunday Morning
Apr 7, 2007

Easy
Smellrose
It was the Buffalo Bills

mcmagic
Jul 1, 2004

If you see this avatar while scrolling the succ zone, you have been visited by the mcmagic of shitty lib takes! Good luck and prosperity will come to you, but only if you reply "shut the fuck up mcmagic" to this post!
The 97-2010 Jets feel like a really really long time ago.

Diva Cupcake
Aug 15, 2005

syzpid posted:

Didn't the Jets & Mangini know about it and that's why they got fined?

Yeah I think you’re right on who knew. Tannenbaum as well.

Not disclosing it to the league and fans I guess.

whatis
Jun 6, 2012
https://twitter.com/RyanMura/status/1566053614304591874

Pablo Bluth
Sep 7, 2007

I've made a huge mistake.
https://twitter.com/SalSports/status/1566130367194714113

Apart from needing Bobby Hart for depth and Tre on IR, i don't think there's too much to complain about.

Professor Funk
Aug 4, 2008

I can’t believe we’re one week away from
immense disappointment

TheBizzness
Oct 5, 2004

Reign on me.

Professor Funk posted:

I can’t believe we’re one week away from
immense disappointment

Must not be a Yankees fan or you’d already be primed.

Professor Funk
Aug 4, 2008

TheBizzness posted:

Must not be a Yankees fan or you’d already be primed.

I am a Yankees fan, unfortunately. My Jets fandom primed me for this Yankees disappointment and this Yankees disappointment is priming me for the Jets to have a bad year. The circle of life.

Amy Pole Her
Jun 17, 2002
https://twitter.com/dolphinstalk/status/1566390748873883650?s=21&t=OSN3FeUzmRsOWBiw4-X-jg

This is what they’ve been reduced to in Foxboro.

“Bill Belichick has HUGE muscles and is 6’4. You should see his dick!”

TheBizzness
Oct 5, 2004

Reign on me.
Jimmy Johnson noted Arnold Schwarzenegger impersonator.

Kalli
Jun 2, 2001

Baldy saying nice things about a Jets player

https://twitter.com/BaldyNFL/status/1566538650384535552

Diva Cupcake
Aug 15, 2005

Baldy says nice things about every player.

Jets social team was already on it
https://twitter.com/nyjets/status/1564272721701343234

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

pasaluki
Feb 27, 2008

THIS WHAGON HAS NO BREAKS! I HAVE THE HEART OF THE BUUFALO the strength OF THE MOUNTAIN, THE FURY OF THE THUNDER AND MY WILL IS UNBREAKABLE! I will not surrender to KNOW ONE

Kalli posted:

Baldy saying nice things about a Jets player

https://twitter.com/BaldyNFL/status/1566538650384535552

I remember throwing him a compliment in the preseason thread Antonio Williams was with the Bills and was a tough back. He got sent to the shadow realm on that play.