Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Professor Funk
Aug 4, 2008

WE ALL KNOW WHAT NEEDS TO HAPPEN
I think it may have been The Athletic podcast that mentioned Fred Warner credits Kwon for mentoring him and really helping him develop while he was in SFO. I have no illusions that his best days are behind him (and his health is always a concern), but I think he could be a very useful player both on and off the field. Especially for $1.2 million or whatever he’s getting paid.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Hamhandler
Aug 9, 2008

[I want to] shit in your fucking mouth. [I'm going to] slap your fucking mouth. [I'm going to] slap your real mother across the face [laughter]. Fuck you, you're still a rookie. I'll kill you.
https://twitter.com/nflrums/status/1566788246327246850

he might end up being a solid slot receiver, but I don't think he ever had the juice to do the YAC/Wildcat/Wideback stuff his college tape indicates. He's too slow and goes down too easy at the NFL level.

is pepsi ok
Oct 23, 2002

Yeah he was supposed to be a steal for us too :shrug:

Professor Funk
Aug 4, 2008

I imagine this is probably gamesmanship and Wilson will start W2, but who knows

https://twitter.com/ZackBlatt/status/1566819394839273472?s=20&t=3E_9guEcGIKjifjG2WjUZw

Nosre
Apr 16, 2002

luckily we have the perfect offensive genius to fix lynn bowden

Diva Cupcake
Aug 15, 2005

Yeah I think Saleh said earlier that he wants the starter to go through the full week of practice in prep, which this doesn’t sound like.

Sounds good for W2 though.

Diva Cupcake
Aug 15, 2005

Jets only do 3 captains.

https://twitter.com/ZackBlatt/status/1566822170831069185

Professor Funk
Aug 4, 2008

Diva Cupcake posted:

Yeah I think Saleh said earlier that he wants the starter to go through the full week of practice in prep, which this doesn’t sound like.

Sounds good for W2 though.

Saleh said he'd announce Wednesday. I assume they would probably have a good idea tomorrow of whether he's gonna go. Maybe we'll get a leak before the Wednesday announcement in that case.

With the disclaimer that I don't really care much either way, I like doing one captain each for offense/defense/specials more than having 6 or 7 captains like other teams are doing.

Hamhandler
Aug 9, 2008

[I want to] shit in your fucking mouth. [I'm going to] slap your fucking mouth. [I'm going to] slap your real mother across the face [laughter]. Fuck you, you're still a rookie. I'll kill you.

that's a respectable amount of captains, unlike the perfidious Buffalo Bills who made everyone on their team one

Impossibly Perfect Sphere
Nov 6, 2002

They wasted Luanne on Lucky!

She could of have been so much more but the writers just didn't care!

Professor Funk posted:

Saleh said he'd announce Wednesday. I assume they would probably have a good idea tomorrow of whether he's gonna go. Maybe we'll get a leak before the Wednesday announcement in that case.

With the disclaimer that I don't really care much either way, I like doing one captain each for offense/defense/specials more than having 6 or 7 captains like other teams are doing.

I agree. Having a zillion captains always seems to make the whole exercise pointless.

fsif
Jul 18, 2003

Earnest and wordy division predictions.

The Bills are a bit overhyped. I know Diva already gave me grief in the other thread for saying as much, but I don't really see the Bills as significantly better than the Rams, Chiefs, or Bucs. Allen's individual game ceiling is the highest of anyone's in the league, but his week-to-week consistency still puts him a step behind Rodger and Mahomes in the overall QB rankings. It also wouldn't stun me if at the end of the year, people talk about Herbert, Burrow, or Jackson being better than Allen.

That said, they deserve to be the conference favorite and heavy division favorite. I'm buying the hype on offense; Sanders and Beasley's departures are addition by subtraction because Gabe Davis and Isaiah McKenzie are obviously better players now than the old guys were. I think Kromer's coaching and the slight re-tooling on the offensive line will improve the run game and Cook + more McKenzie snaps will be a more effective counter for the double high safety looks. But if a single member of the starting offensive line tweaks a hamstring, the offense as a whole could totally tank.

The defense is a bigger concern than people have let on. They were great last year but were mostly buoyed by playing total league dregs. Dane Jackson was behind the maligned Levi Wallace on the depth chart last year and now he's CB1. Hyde and Poyer have both been injured already this year and they're both over 30. Miller is obviously past his prime and is a riskier signing than people think. I do think the pass rush will be better! The defensive tackle room, in particular, should be noticeably improved. 11-6.

The Dolphins have the widest range of outcomes in the division but I'm leaning towards "playoff team, plausible division contender" right now. Tua and McDaniel are the biggest unknowns in the division. I have faith in the Kyle Shanahan coaching tree and Tua performed admirably behind a coach that hated him and an offensive line that hated him even more. Tyreek Hill is a transformational receiver and can be a deep threat even when Tua throws ducks.

I don't know as much about their defense but things seem pretty woeful on the CB front with Jones hurt. 10-7.

The Patriots will basically be fine. They're going to struggle at the beginning of the year and then figure things out like they always do. Patricia and Judge will just follow orders. I don't think they have the horses personnel wise to match up with the Bills or Dolphins, but I expect them to be in the playoff mix late, despite how stacked the conference is. Mac Jones will continue his ascent into Kirk Cousins Lite territory and will remain simultaneously overrated and underrated. 9-8.

The Jets will be far more competitive (at least at first) than they were last year, but—and I'm sorry Jets fans, this will be final indulgence on this point that I've posted dozens of times—Zach Wilson is just horrible. He's bad. He's Drew Lock but harder to sunk cost. We can't laugh at hundreds of "Daniel Jones vs Josh Allen: First 28 Starts" graphics and then pretend Wilson's rookie year is some irrelevant data point. The team has too much talent elsewhere and too many winnable games to let Wilson play through to the end of the year. Unless Flacco face plants in a Peterson-like manner, Wilson will be benched by the end of the year.

There will be positive takeaways going into next year and the team might even be well-positioned to make a major leap in 2023 with a proper quarterback, but take it from a Bills fan—wretched QB play can ruin a season. 6-11.

Amy Pole Her
Jun 17, 2002
I… can’t disagree with anything in that entire post.

Diva Cupcake
Aug 15, 2005

I’m not going to quibble with any of that. I think the Jets are a 7-10 team with room to grow if Wilson gets his head aligned with his arm. Their roster is significantly better than any point in recent memory but it’s ultimately meaningless without Wilson taking a good step forward. Best case scenario is finishing 3rd in the division.

I think the Bills have the best roster in the league and a top 3 QB so they’re the league favorites by default. Mahomes and Rodgers don’t have the Bills’ talent. The Chargers might but until they prove it I’m not convinced they can win in the postseason.

The Dolphins have a lot of talent with a question mark at QB and a weak offensive line. I’m curious to see what McDaniel does since he was in a similar boat to Mike LaFleur being Shanahan system guys without any play calling experience. MLF had a rough stretch to begin but really started coming into his own the 2nd half of the year. They’re mostly likely to finish 2nd in the division with an outside shot at first round playoff loss.

Pats I don’t think are particularly good outside their HC. Judon is a nice player but no one on the roster really wows you and makes you wish they were on your team. The offensive coaching situation looks like a nightmare that would get 31 other coaches fired. I think Mac has a bright future but his ceiling in a few years to me is still in that 10-15th best range and he’s not close to there yet. Low percentage but not shocking if they face plant and finish 4th at 6-7 wins.

Diva Cupcake fucked around with this message at 18:37 on Sep 5, 2022

t a s t e
Sep 6, 2010

bills
fins
pats
jets

Hamhandler
Aug 9, 2008

fsif posted:

Earnest and wordy division predictions.

The Bills are a bit overhyped. I know Diva already gave me grief in the other thread for saying as much, but I don't really see the Bills as significantly better than the Rams, Chiefs, or Bucs. Allen's individual game ceiling is the highest of anyone's in the league, but his week-to-week consistency still puts him a step behind Rodger and Mahomes in the overall QB rankings. It also wouldn't stun me if at the end of the year, people talk about Herbert, Burrow, or Jackson being better than Allen.

That said, they deserve to be the conference favorite and heavy division favorite. I'm buying the hype on offense; Sanders and Beasley's departures are addition by subtraction because Gabe Davis and Isaiah McKenzie are obviously better players now than the old guys were. I think Kromer's coaching and the slight re-tooling on the offensive line will improve the run game and Cook + more McKenzie snaps will be a more effective counter for the double high safety looks. But if a single member of the starting offensive line tweaks a hamstring, the offense as a whole could totally tank.

The defense is a bigger concern than people have let on. They were great last year but were mostly buoyed by playing total league dregs. Dane Jackson was behind the maligned Levi Wallace on the depth chart last year and now he's CB1. Hyde and Poyer have both been injured already this year and they're both over 30. Miller is obviously past his prime and is a riskier signing than people think. I do think the pass rush will be better! The defensive tackle room, in particular, should be noticeably improved. 11-6.

The Dolphins have the widest range of outcomes in the division but I'm leaning towards "playoff team, plausible division contender" right now. Tua and McDaniel are the biggest unknowns in the division. I have faith in the Kyle Shanahan coaching tree and Tua performed admirably behind a coach that hated him and an offensive line that hated him even more. Tyreek Hill is a transformational receiver and can be a deep threat even when Tua throws ducks.

I don't know as much about their defense but things seem pretty woeful on the CB front with Jones hurt. 10-7.

The Patriots will basically be fine. They're going to struggle at the beginning of the year and then figure things out like they always do. Patricia and Judge will just follow orders. I don't think they have the horses personnel wise to match up with the Bills or Dolphins, but I expect them to be in the playoff mix late, despite how stacked the conference is. Mac Jones will continue his ascent into Kirk Cousins Lite territory and will remain simultaneously overrated and underrated. 9-8.

The Jets will be far more competitive (at least at first) than they were last year, but—and I'm sorry Jets fans, this will be final indulgence on this point that I've posted dozens of times—Zach Wilson is just horrible. He's bad. He's Drew Lock but harder to sunk cost. We can't laugh at hundreds of "Daniel Jones vs Josh Allen: First 28 Starts" graphics and then pretend Wilson's rookie year is some irrelevant data point. The team has too much talent elsewhere and too many winnable games to let Wilson play through to the end of the year. Unless Flacco face plants in a Peterson-like manner, Wilson will be benched by the end of the year.

There will be positive takeaways going into next year and the team might even be well-positioned to make a major leap in 2023 with a proper quarterback, but take it from a Bills fan—wretched QB play can ruin a season. 6-11.

I can’t disagree with too much here, excellent job.

Let’s bow our heads and put our hands in the middle for a moment of solidarity before the knives come out… ONE TWO THREE AFC E

Pablo Bluth
Sep 7, 2007

I've made a huge mistake.
In news that should surprise nobody, the Bills confirm that we should see both Elam and Benford on Thursday sharing the load.

https://twitter.com/SalSports/status/1566806951815774208

syzpid
Aug 9, 2014
I would be shocked if they bench Wilson. He would have to completely melt down and be so bad they can't just ignore it. As long as he is comparable to the bottom 3rd of the league's starters they will keep running him out there.

I believe this team has the talent to be 7-10 which would be a step forward but I have no faith in Wilson or Saleh.

Diva Cupcake
Aug 15, 2005

Stupid heads

https://twitter.com/nyjets/status/1566883304485289985

mcmagic
Jul 1, 2004

If you see this avatar while scrolling the succ zone, you have been visited by the mcmagic of shitty lib takes! Good luck and prosperity will come to you, but only if you reply "shut the fuck up mcmagic" to this post!

This is hosed. They kept Ty Johnson who had 4 loving drops in 1 game over Knight?

mcmagic fucked around with this message at 22:14 on Sep 5, 2022

mcmagic
Jul 1, 2004

If you see this avatar while scrolling the succ zone, you have been visited by the mcmagic of shitty lib takes! Good luck and prosperity will come to you, but only if you reply "shut the fuck up mcmagic" to this post!

fsif posted:

The way the Jets schedule is ordered makes all of this this very unlikely.

Diva Cupcake
Aug 15, 2005

mcmagic posted:

The way the Jets schedule is ordered makes all of this this very unlikely.

I’m hoping they start better than 2-8 with an average loss by like 3 TDs.

Impossibly Perfect Sphere
Nov 6, 2002

They wasted Luanne on Lucky!

She could of have been so much more but the writers just didn't care!

Pats are going to be worse on offense than you think. The GameDay offense was always McDaniels and Brady's baby. There's no one left who has any experience. Mac is gonna regress thanks to this and a shakey situation at tackle.

Symphoric
Apr 20, 2005

the Pats are 6-7 win team. I am a shameless Patriots homer and take no joy in reporting this.

Amy Pole Her
Jun 17, 2002
Keep going… almost there…

Bellmaker
Oct 18, 2008

Chapter DOOF

Amy Pole Her posted:

Keep going… almost there…

Patricia gets "reassigned" week 4 after him and Mac get into a fight on the sideline late week 3, after having lost to Mitch Trubisky the week prior

Bellmaker fucked around with this message at 00:23 on Sep 6, 2022

Hamhandler
Aug 9, 2008

I don't understand why Bill didn't hire some sort of consultant, even some sort of goofball or has been who couldn't get an OC job would have presumably been seriously useful and served as a potential parachute in case of disaster.

Kurgarra Queen
Jun 11, 2008

GIVE ME MORE
SUPER BOWL
WINS
Definitely agree the Bills are overhyped. I think the media overestimates how much of an impact Von Miller is going to make and doesn't realize that our corner situation is as shaky as it is(especially without Tre White) and our depth in many places is an inch deep (CB, OL, S, LB, TE), so if we don't have fantastic injury luck for the third year in a row, we could be hurting...

Still think we win the division. Dolphins have to beat us before I think it could be otherwise, but they should be competitive. Jets are this weird team that could theoretically do well but also they're the Jets and Zach Wilson was pretty bad in Year 1 and is coming off another injury. Patriots will probably be trash on offense until Bill unfucks things, then they'll be okay.

t a s t e
Sep 6, 2010

This whagon has no loving breaks and there’s no room for the Buffalo Mentality

20-0

fsif
Jul 18, 2003

The panic from Patriots fans and reporters this pre-season is new. If Belichick were ever to completely puke on himself, I suppose the contours of his offseason would look a bit like they look now.

sirtommygunn
Mar 7, 2013

I think the Jets will be bad, but not bottom of the league bad like last year. They'll finish with 5-6 wins and need to trade up to get the next overhyped #2 QB in the draft next year, who will also be a bust, and the cycle shall continue unto the end of the world.

LightReaper
May 3, 2007

The bills are pretty evidently better than last year and this nihilism from my fellow Bills fans is distressing!

The aging miller is still better than hughes, we upgraded our OL (a little), our DT situation is way better, and our young core has got another year under their belt

Where are things worse off? Losing Beasley and sanders? Naa

Pablo Bluth
Sep 7, 2007

Losing Daboll. However good Dorsey is long term, there's a lot riding on their stupid newbie to hit the groove running without missing a stride.

tarbrush
Feb 7, 2011

ALL ABOARD THE SCOTLAND HYPE TRAIN!

CHOO CHOO
I feel like a bunch of their key contributors are getting a little nicked up as well. Could be wrong, I'm not a super close observer of the Bills

WalletBeef
Jun 11, 2005

Is it possible that Daboll got just a litttttttle too much credit for his play calling with Josh? Absolutely.

What if Dorsey is .... better?

LightReaper
May 3, 2007

Allen wanted Dorsey which is at least a vote of confidence in him

Pablo Bluth
Sep 7, 2007

My concern isn't that Dorsey isn't going to be good, it's more about sometime who hasn't done it before taking time to find his feet. How's he going to do trying to achieve that game winning drive under the massive lights of the opening game?

The Bills' season is front heavy, the complete opposite of what I want for a year with a rookie coach.

fsif
Jul 18, 2003

The team (when fully healthy) is better than last year's, it's just that the schedule is tougher and the AFC in general is tougher. Also, yeah, like tarbrush said, the secondary is already nicked up and the good members of it are old. We don't know when Tre gets back and there's no guarantee that he'll be playing at 100% right away.

Daboll I have already SAS flowcharted into basically irrelevant.

Bellmaker
Oct 18, 2008

Chapter DOOF

At least we can all agree that everyone is going to overreact when the Bills win 24-21 Rams win 49-24

Bills' first four games are kinda rough? @Rams, vTen, @Mia, @Bal? Easy to see them going 2-2 to start.

t a s t e
Sep 6, 2010

Even easier to see them going 4-0 with a +80 point differential

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

t a s t e
Sep 6, 2010

We should have a new thread to commemorate the impending 2022 Bills Super Bowl Season in fact