Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
Ok for real whos your team
This poll is closed.
The Green Bay Packers 81 35.53%
The Chicago Bears 52 22.81%
The Minnesota Vikings 42 18.42%
The Detroit Lions 53 23.25%
Total: 228 votes
[Edit Poll (moderators only)]

MoaM
Dec 1, 2009

Joyous.
"Taking the field in number QQ, Minnesota quarterb--"

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

SirPablo
May 1, 2004

Pillbug
Kirk isn't motivated to win a super bowl until trumbo is back on the white house.

surf rock
Aug 12, 2007

We need more women in STEM, and by that, I mean skateboarding, television, esports, and magic.
Real talk, the NFC North thread is where it's at and all the other divisional threads fuckin' suck

Also I'm super curious to see how Love does in the preseason

Bird in a Blender
Nov 17, 2005

It's amazing what they can do with computers these days.

It’s a shame the bears couldn’t have drafted the right QB the first time, but I actually feel good about Fields. I was always skeptical of Trubisky.

Now here’s hoping the Bears D is still decent after Pace “had” to dump some good players for cap reasons.

jng2058
Jul 17, 2010

We have the tools, we have the talent!

Bird in a Blender posted:

It’s a shame the bears couldn’t have drafted the right QB the first time, but I actually feel good about Fields. I was always skeptical of Trubisky.

Now here’s hoping the Bears D is still decent after Pace “had” to dump some good players for cap reasons.

With you on all of that. Good post! :golfclap:

Dexo posted:

Justin Fields will lead the Bears to a Superbowl.

Feels like it's at least a year early for that, honestly. I'll be happy if Fields is starting by the end of season and is showing signs of improvement. Get to the playoffs however you can and win the Wild Card game. Those are, I think, attainable goals if everything goes right.

Dexo
Aug 15, 2009

A city that was to live by night after the wilderness had passed. A city that was to forge out of steel and blood-red neon its own peculiar wilderness.
I didn't say a year

jng2058
Jul 17, 2010

We have the tools, we have the talent!

Dexo posted:

I didn't say a year

You're right, you didn't. Fair point.

Pops Mgee
Aug 20, 2009

People all over the world,
Join Hands,
Start the Love Train!

hobbesmaster
Jan 28, 2008

I assume that refers to not mailing in the rebates on every item you buy.

Rod Hoofhearted
Jun 18, 2000

I am a ghost

Acebuckeye13 posted:

the menards joke was already done last season, ban thread, gas op

We don't joke about Menards here.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=o79t7L35vIo

sweet thursday
Sep 16, 2012

If you could short human beings, I'd be rich off Klirk Cousins

SirPablo
May 1, 2004

Pillbug
It's been years since the Vikings have played in Arizona, but gently caress if I'm gonna sit with 70,000 chuds for four hours giving me plague. Maybe next time.

xbilkis
Apr 11, 2005

god qb
me
jay hova
One more year of Rodgers, and then it's time for two decades of Bears-Lions supremacy!

(Jordan Love puts together a Hall of Fame career)

Ah! Well. Nevertheless,

Dexo
Aug 15, 2009

A city that was to live by night after the wilderness had passed. A city that was to forge out of steel and blood-red neon its own peculiar wilderness.
Smh, posting spoilers

MoaM
Dec 1, 2009

Joyous.

SirPablo posted:

It's been years since the Vikings have played in Arizona, but gently caress if I'm gonna sit with 70,000 chuds for four hours giving me plague. Maybe next time.

That game is gonna own, but you 100% do not need to be there physically.

ghosthorse
Dec 15, 2011

...you forget so easily...

SirPablo posted:

Kirk isn't motivated to win a super bowl until trumbo is back on the white house.

I would argue his motivation left somewhere around signing for his guaranteed 84 million dollars. I want to say, immediately after.

Rod Hoofhearted
Jun 18, 2000

I am a ghost

ghosthorse posted:

I would argue his motivation left somewhere around signing for his guaranteed 84 million dollars. I want to say, immediately after.

C’mon now - it’s not that he doesn’t try. It’s that he loving sucks.

BGrifter
Mar 16, 2007

Winner of Something Awful PS5 thread's Posting Excellence Award June 2022

Congratulations!
It’s not easy to keep your quarterback exactly the right level of gruntled. Maybe being the COVID leper will get Kirk’s gruntle stats up to where they need to be?

Big Beef City
Aug 15, 2013

MoaM posted:

That game is gonna own, but you 100% do not need to be there physically.

Mmm yes a warm weather game between Arizona and Minnesota that will have no playoff implications truly a battle for the ages I can't wait

Blitz of 404 Error
Sep 19, 2007

Joe Biden is a top 15 president
No offense to Lions fans but how can yall be excited about this year? You have a worse QB and your WR room is a disaster

Dexo
Aug 15, 2009

Derek Fcking Carr posted:

No offense to Lions fans but how can yall be excited about this year? You have a worse QB and your WR room is a disaster

come on bro not one preseason game has happened.

Also Fat Mat Pat is gone, which as a fan of a team that has seen what a bad coach can do, shout out to Trestman, is worth celebrating on it's own.

SKULL.GIF
Jan 20, 2017

Best shape hands of his life

https://twitter.com/mattschneidman/status/1424803931927027720

Comfortador
Jul 31, 2003

Just give me all the 3ggs_n_b4con you have.

Wait...wait.

I worry what you just heard was...
"Give me a lot of b4con_n_3ggs."

What I said was...
"Give me all the 3ggs_n_b4con you have"

...Do you understand?

Dexo posted:

come on bro not one preseason game has happened.

Also Fat Mat Pat is gone, which as a fan of a team that has seen what a bad coach can do, shout out to Trestman, is worth celebrating on it's own.

Pretty much this. I can't speak for every Lions fan, but (Yes I realize exactly what I'm saying here) this feels different. The decisions they are making are lining up with decisions most everyone agrees are good. I'm not sure we've seen that in a very long time. The last time I used "this feels different" was back during the Millen/Mariucci days so I'm extremely self-aware, but I'm still willing to stick my neck out on this one. If it doesn't work out, it doesn't work out.

SKULL.GIF
Jan 20, 2017

I'm a Packers fan but I'm on the Campbell meat wagon. He's going to rock.

https://twitter.com/MLive/status/1425075168712474626

Hizawk
Jun 18, 2004

High on the Lions.

It's going to be fun because the Lions win their first game Dan Cambell is going to get that custom 20 foot thick #2 pencil he had made and break it over his knee to symbolize the new Lions have arrived.

The fact that it will likely occur... Checks schedule... Week 4 against the future HOF QB in Chicago will make it all the more sweeter.

tinstaach
Aug 3, 2010

MAGNetic AttITUDE

Every Lions fan whose interest and enjoyment was based solely on wins and losses bailed a long time ago.

C-Euro
Mar 20, 2010

:science:
Soiled Meat
I don't pay attention to the Lions on the off-season so I can go into each season with zero expectations.

That said, go Lions.

SirPablo
May 1, 2004

Pillbug

SKULL.GIF posted:

I'm a Packers fan but I'm on the Campbell meat wagon. He's going to rock.

https://twitter.com/MLive/status/1425075168712474626

Hard to see the turds when you're swimming in the toilet.

Dubious
Mar 7, 2006

The Heroes the Vikings Deserve
Lipstick Apathy

you root for the raiders bitch

SKULL.GIF
Jan 20, 2017

I'm surprised that there are so many TFF goons who are apparently incapable of understanding how much of a difference it makes having a head coach who is actively and vigorously trying to improve the team vs. a coach whose entire raison d'etre was to make people miserable.

Thaddius the Large
Jul 5, 2006

It's in the five-hole!
Muscle Coach is fun and I appreciate his antics, it’ll be much easier to accept the Vikings poo poo the bed/hilarity when the Lions get hosed and melt down (insert whichever applies in a given game between them) when you’ve got an engaging personality involved.

Pops Mgee
Aug 20, 2009

People all over the world,
Join Hands,
Start the Love Train!
Being able to root for a team that no longer has a rapist head coach is enough to be excited about.

MJeff
Jun 2, 2011

THE LIAR

I have absolutely no expectations this year, but in a good way. With Patricia, it was just drinking poison because you knew the team would never get better until he was gone basically from his very first game as coach.

Now I can just watch the team without the poison and hopefully watch it get built into something. I'm genuinely excited about our management and coaching staff.

Guy A. Person
May 23, 2003

Aaaaaaarrrrrggggg posted:

Everyone claim a Bears fan to comfort when the time comes.

I didn't notice the new thread go up, is it too late to be assigned a buddy?

Dexo
Aug 15, 2009

https://twitter.com/MatthewFairburn/status/1425130765365415936

lmao

R.D. Mangles
Jan 10, 2004

Mitch cannot fail, he can only be failed by people who don't believe.

Hot Diggity!
Apr 3, 2010

SKELITON_BRINGING_U_ON.GIF

How can Mitch be more humble? He drove a lovely car!

Thaddius the Large
Jul 5, 2006

It's in the five-hole!

Trubisky Blames Bear Beliefs while Blessing Buffalo Boobs

Paint Crop Pro
Mar 22, 2007

Find someone who values you like Rick Spielman values 7th round picks.

Imagine not rooting for muscle coach.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Dexo
Aug 15, 2009

https://twitter.com/MySportsUpdate/status/1425130673791188992
lmao

https://twitter.com/thadbrown7/status/1425128679982747648

lmao