Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
Ok for real whos your team
This poll is closed.
The Green Bay Packers 81 35.53%
The Chicago Bears 52 22.81%
The Minnesota Vikings 42 18.42%
The Detroit Lions 53 23.25%
Total: 228 votes
[Edit Poll (moderators only)]

MJeff
Jun 2, 2011

THE LIAR
I mean I want to be empathetic to Trubisky but dude, you sucked rear end and never got even a little bit better, I dunno how passive aggressive you're allowed to get, here.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

gloom
Feb 1, 2003
distracted from distraction by distraction

Derek Fcking Carr posted:

No offense to Lions fans but how can yall be excited about this year? You have a worse QB and your WR room is a disaster
Not a Lions fan but genuinely excited to see how Dan Campbell does in Detroit. Even if the Lions are bad, I think it'll be a fresh, fun bad, not the hopeless incompetence of Matt Patricia. The only thing stopping me from jumping on the bandwagon completely is that I can't stand Jared Goff. I don't have a clear reason, I just dislike him, almost as much as Kirk Cousins (who provides lots of reasons to hate him). It doesn't help that I thought Matt Stafford was cool and good, and now he's gone. But that's not Goff's fault, he's just a stopgap until they can get a QB of the future.

Rod Hoofhearted
Jun 18, 2000

I am a ghost

:lol: I just realized Kelly Stanford has to live in “Commie California” now.

Shine on, you brain damaged chud. :thumbsup:

ShaneMacGowansTeeth
May 22, 2007

I think this is it... I think this is how it ends
I think this is why it feels different, though Fat Matt was still in charge here

https://twitter.com/mulho2mj/status/1332058937777065987

BGrifter
Mar 16, 2007

Winner of Something Awful PS5 thread's Posting Excellence Award June 2022

Congratulations!
Trubisky is just the latest in a long and terrible legacy of players failed by the Bears organization.

I still believe in the NVP. :swoon:

jng2058
Jul 17, 2010

We have the tools, we have the talent!

Let Mitch believe what he likes. Let him speak his truth. After all, he's not OUR problem anymore. :colbert:

Parallelwoody
Apr 10, 2008

I have no idea which lions fans that poster is referring to who think the team is going to win this year, but having an actual fun coach is a nice change of pace, and we may have fun football even during a loss. Fairly certain the expectation is between 4-6 wins and we just wanna see some trends in the right direction.

Dubious
Mar 7, 2006

The Heroes the Vikings Deserve
Lipstick Apathy
mitch seems like a nice guy im glad he feels good about his employer

CharlestheHammer
Jun 26, 2011

YOU SAY MY POSTS ARE THE RAVINGS OF THE DUMBEST PERSON ON GOD'S GREEN EARTH BUT YOU YOURSELF ARE READING THEM. CURIOUS!

Parallelwoody posted:

I have no idea which lions fans that poster is referring to who think the team is going to win this year, but having an actual fun coach is a nice change of pace, and we may have fun football even during a loss. Fairly certain the expectation is between 4-6 wins and we just wanna see some trends in the right direction.

I don’t think your going to have a fun team but that’s more because Goff is bad in a very tedious way more than anything

ghosthorse
Dec 15, 2011

...you forget so easily...
https://twitter.com/James_Holzhauer/status/1424868747098001408?s=19

Rodgers still disgruntled?

Pops Mgee
Aug 20, 2009

People all over the world,
Join Hands,
Start the Love Train!

Joe Buck has improved a bunch since the “disgusting act” call and the helmet catch non call. If they could pair him with someone that isn’t Troy Aikman it could be a pretty good booth.

MJeff
Jun 2, 2011

THE LIAR
Joe Buck has been actively great at his job for like, at least 5 years now and people still complaining about him are more tedious than his commentary ever was, even at its worst.

Kevlar v2.0
Dec 25, 2003

=^•⩊•^=

I will say that Joe Buck sucks at hosting Jeopardy though. He's way too loud, mispronounces words, and has an awful cadence.

Hot Diggity!
Apr 3, 2010

SKELITON_BRINGING_U_ON.GIF

MJeff posted:

Joe Buck has been actively great at his job for like, at least 5 years now and people still complaining about him are more tedious than his commentary ever was, even at its worst.

IcePhoenix
Sep 18, 2005

Take me to your Shida

MJeff posted:

hard agree but people hate to admit that others can improve or change because then it makes them look bad retroactively I guess

Dexo
Aug 15, 2009

A city that was to live by night after the wilderness had passed. A city that was to forge out of steel and blood-red neon its own peculiar wilderness.
https://twitter.com/sean_hammond/status/1425193459523231744
Yeah I'm good with Fields not starting

Raku
Nov 7, 2012

Every good gift and every perfect gift is from above, coming down from the Father of lights with whom there is no variation or shadow due to change.

Roll Tide

MJeff posted:

T-Square
May 14, 2009

My opinion changed on Joe Buck with his appearances in Brockmire, and also he made me laugh a lot last season so :shrug:

Big Beef City
Aug 15, 2013

Pops Mgee posted:

Joe Buck has improved a bunch

Mods, please?

He hasn't improved and I'm not actively complaining but dude sucks and ya'll got Stockholm syndrome from listening to him for so long.

Parallelwoody
Apr 10, 2008

T-Square posted:

My opinion changed on Joe Buck with his appearances in Brockmire, and also he made me laugh a lot last season so :shrug:

Hard same. Brockmire was hilarious.

SKULL.GIF
Jan 20, 2017

stockholm syndrome is a hoax invented by a prosecutor who was upset his witnesses weren't cooperating

BGrifter
Mar 16, 2007

Winner of Something Awful PS5 thread's Posting Excellence Award June 2022

Congratulations!
I mean, remaining even remotely listenable in a booth with Troy Aikman is a superhuman feat. I don’t really remember Buck being particularly good or bad last year. All I remember is Aikman being the worst.

JGdmn
Jun 12, 2005

Like I give a fuck.

poo poo, at this point put Foles in at 2nd. At least until they have one starter in at tackle.

CharlestheHammer
Jun 26, 2011

YOU SAY MY POSTS ARE THE RAVINGS OF THE DUMBEST PERSON ON GOD'S GREEN EARTH BUT YOU YOURSELF ARE READING THEM. CURIOUS!

BGrifter posted:

I mean, remaining even remotely listenable in a booth with Troy Aikman is a superhuman feat. I don’t really remember Buck being particularly good or bad last year. All I remember is Aikman being the worst.

I mean that’s the secret, booth guys are either annoying or white noise.

Sour Diesel
Jan 30, 2010

joe buck got a lot better when he got over his dysmorphia that was driving him insane. he's pretty cool now

SirPablo
May 1, 2004

Pillbug
Joe Buck only seems like he's improving because Aikman is declining so rapidly.

Dubious
Mar 7, 2006

The Heroes the Vikings Deserve
Lipstick Apathy

Big Beef City posted:

Mods, please?

He hasn't improved and I'm not actively complaining but dude sucks and ya'll got Stockholm syndrome from listening to him for so long.

joe buck is one of the better commentators and has gotten much better over time and you're not exactly giving riveting reasons to consider your side of the argument other than 'joe buck sucks'

Big Beef City
Aug 15, 2013

Dubious posted:

you're not exactly giving riveting reasons to consider your side of the argument other than 'joe buck sucks'

Has there ever been a time in human history where any living individual would need to do this?

IcePhoenix
Sep 18, 2005

Take me to your Shida

Big Beef City posted:

Has there ever been a time in human history where any living individual would need to do this?

the last five years or so

Detheros
Apr 11, 2010

I want to die.

Is Joe Buck saving big money?

HOTLANTA MAN
Jul 4, 2010

by Hand Knit
Lipstick Apathy
Joe Buck is a solid announcer now you guys just like to hivemind dislike poo poo

mercenarynuker
Sep 10, 2008

Detheros posted:

Is Joe Buck saving big money?

He's just a Buck, I dunno how he couldn't be

MJeff
Jun 2, 2011

THE LIAR

HOTLANTA MAN posted:

Joe Buck is a solid announcer now you guys just like to hivemind dislike poo poo

It's one guy who literally nobody takes seriously.

CharlestheHammer
Jun 26, 2011

But then how can he look cool for fighting the hive mind

Big Beef City
Aug 15, 2013

I love Joe Buck.

Big Beef City
Aug 15, 2013

HOTLANTA MAN posted:

I mean honestly.

Styles Bitchley
Nov 13, 2004

FOR THE WIN FOR THE WIN FOR THE WIN
Joe Buck is good, definitely better than he used to be.

I always wished he would have reprised this call when Trubisky did literally anything:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=l99_cl7igDs

Pops Mgee
Aug 20, 2009

People all over the world,
Join Hands,
Start the Love Train!

mercenarynuker posted:

He's just a Buck, I dunno how he couldn't be

:golfclap:

PneumonicBook
Sep 26, 2007

Do you like our owl?

Ultra Carp
Joe Buck's totally fine. He's probably a better baseball play by play guy (although certainly no jack) though.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Kevlar v2.0
Dec 25, 2003

=^•⩊•^=

I liked Joe Buck's call of the Cubs' 2016 World Series win better than Pat Hughes' call.