Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
Ok for real whos your team
This poll is closed.
The Green Bay Packers 81 35.53%
The Chicago Bears 52 22.81%
The Minnesota Vikings 42 18.42%
The Detroit Lions 53 23.25%
Total: 228 votes
[Edit Poll (moderators only)]

Cognac McCarthy
Oct 5, 2008

It's a man's game, but boys will play

I can't believe I have to cheer for Kirk loving Cousins again

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Cognac McCarthy
Oct 5, 2008

Joe Buck called the Minneapolis Miracle and did a good job. Ten years earlier he would have yawned through it. He's alright now.

Cognac McCarthy
Oct 5, 2008

I enjoyed the Boogermobile because it was unconcerned with mere human emotions, morality, and crowd sightlines. We stand to learn much from the machines

Cognac McCarthy
Oct 5, 2008

Mitch Trubisky is 5-2 against the Vikings

:negative:

Cognac McCarthy
Oct 5, 2008

ghosthorse posted:

Kirk finally got his first Monday night football win against the Bears who he'd never beaten as a Viking.

Foles was in as QB.

And they would have lost if Akiem Hicks hadn't gotten hurt. He was dominating that game single handedly

Cognac McCarthy
Oct 5, 2008

Can't wait to cast off our stupid overpaid chud QB so we can replace him with a stupid underpaid chud QB

Cognac McCarthy
Oct 5, 2008

Every tweet that gets posted about the Vikings is some new embarrassing low, this is going to be a super fun season

Cognac McCarthy
Oct 5, 2008

jng2058 posted:

Fields, though, doesn't have anything glaring that I can point to as a major flaw.

Playing behind the Bears OL counts as a flaw here, OP

Cognac McCarthy
Oct 5, 2008

Vikings/Lions 2021 tank challenge

Cognac McCarthy
Oct 5, 2008

The Vikings only lost by 3 to the vaunted Cincinnati Football Bengals so I think they will win the division at like 5-8-2

Cognac McCarthy
Oct 5, 2008

Kevin King determined to get that man his payday

Cognac McCarthy
Oct 5, 2008

Mark Sanchez is extremely horny for Kirk Cousins

Cognac McCarthy
Oct 5, 2008

Paying for a private stadium by strongarming the city into diverting money away from schools: Obvious, reasonable

Paying for a private stadium by taking out a loan that will be easily paid back: Unconscionable and without precedent

Cognac McCarthy
Oct 5, 2008

xbilkis posted:

The McCaskeys having 0 wealth outside of the Bears is a thing that predates them trying to build a new stadium. I’m sure it’s possible for them to put together a ton of money but people have been speculating about when they’re gonna cash out for a while; this seems like as good an opportunity as anything other than “when Virginia dies”

Wouldn't the team be worth way more money with a new stadium than they are right now? Being tight fisted wouldn't make sense for their own bottom line even if they want to sell

Cognac McCarthy
Oct 5, 2008

If my starting lineup ye wish to see, answer me these riddles three

Cognac McCarthy
Oct 5, 2008

Vikings/Browns is going to have a Myles Garrett/Mason Rudolph moment

Cognac McCarthy
Oct 5, 2008

fishing with the fam posted:

On the third takeaway an extra legal ball gets launched onto the field.

Extremely here for multiball

Cognac McCarthy
Oct 5, 2008

The Lions would be beating the Vikings if it weren't for Goff lol

Cognac McCarthy
Oct 5, 2008

Embarrassing by the Vikings. Unbelievably stupid play calling all day and the offense looked like they just didn't care.

E: My point still stands lol

Cognac McCarthy fucked around with this message at 20:58 on Oct 10, 2021

Cognac McCarthy
Oct 5, 2008

surf rock posted:

Now that the Packers got whatever the gently caress that was out of their system...

HOW ON EARTH DID THE LIONS LOSE? Last I checked they went up with virtually no time left on the clock

They decided to do their best impression of the Vikings defense, it a was pretty good one too

Cognac McCarthy
Oct 5, 2008

Edit: You know what never mind this was a bad post.

Cognac McCarthy fucked around with this message at 23:51 on Oct 10, 2021

Cognac McCarthy
Oct 5, 2008

Kurt definitely buys groceries from Walmart

Cognac McCarthy
Oct 5, 2008

Dog Faced JoJo posted:

E: well poo poo, Trestman was born in Minnesota
He belongs to Illinois sorry

Cognac McCarthy
Oct 5, 2008

https://mobile.twitter.com/colin88503978/status/1453039874035142662

This is so embarrassing

Cognac McCarthy
Oct 5, 2008

One of the ways I keep myself out of poverty is by not donating my money to a billion dollar NFL franchise just because they asked for it

Cognac McCarthy
Oct 5, 2008

Good Will Hrunting posted:

If the Packers win by more than 7 tonight I'll buy whoever posted about wanting a share but maybe not being able to afford one a share when the sale happens.

I'll take the share so I can vote badly and help tank the franchise

Cognac McCarthy fucked around with this message at 20:35 on Oct 28, 2021

Cognac McCarthy
Oct 5, 2008

I've been an occasionally tepid Kirk Cousins defender but he's a total liability this season. So many throws for losses, no pocket presence whatsoever, and he gets bailed out by his receivers on lovely throws all the time. He got several receivers just about killed on throws they had to jump for or which came right before an obvious huge hit tonight. Justin Jefferson's health is more valuable than whatever hit you take by trading him and eating some of his contract at this point

E: Yeah Zimmer's gotta go too. He plays every game to win by no more than 7 points and the just end up losing as a result

Cognac McCarthy
Oct 5, 2008

Cousins is putting up great stats this year, time to trade him to a team like the Broncos who are a chuddy white good QB away from being the team their fans expect

Cognac McCarthy
Oct 5, 2008

Whole lotta dorks on Twitter sweatily insisting he didn't actually lie, and anyway if he did it was good to do

Cognac McCarthy
Oct 5, 2008

Dexo posted:

look that was just a bad joke, please don't get that serious

I thought it was a fine joke :unsmith:

Cognac McCarthy
Oct 5, 2008

Lol Kurt

Cognac McCarthy
Oct 5, 2008

Interesting statistical tidbit in the AP writeup of the Vikings-Packers game: the Packers had given up 34 points combined in the last three games. Today, the Minnesota Vikings scored 34 points, and won the game.

Cognac McCarthy
Oct 5, 2008

SirPablo posted:

Kirk better than Rodgers? (I'm not a huge Kirk fan, he puts up good numbers against mostly bad teams and crumbles against good teams. Guess the Packers by this definition are a Bad Team.)

:hmmyes:

Cognac McCarthy
Oct 5, 2008

Jefferson was visibly furious at Cousins all game for his terrible throws

E: and, I mean, :same:

Cognac McCarthy
Oct 5, 2008

Given the Lions' secondary and the Vikings' playcalling tendencies, Cook being off will probably increase the Vikings' chances of putting up 50. If season-average Kirk shows up that is

Cognac McCarthy
Oct 5, 2008

SirPablo posted:

I want the Vikings to lose and the Lions to win. Let those tears flow Dan.

My wife's first real experience with football was the last time the last time the Vikings lost to the Lions a few years ago. I was super pissed off and kept saying "who loses to the Lions?" over and over. I do not want to go through that again because it was a pathetic feeling

Cognac McCarthy
Oct 5, 2008

Klint seems real convinced today that third and long is the right time to call passes behind the line of scrimmage :whoptc:

Cognac McCarthy
Oct 5, 2008

Can you fire a coaching staff mid-game?

Cognac McCarthy
Oct 5, 2008

I have never seen a worse defensive playcall. The goddamn retired kicker in the booth was calling out the lack of pressure several plays in advance

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Cognac McCarthy
Oct 5, 2008

TITTIEKISSER69 posted:

WARM SEASON'S GREETINGS TO YOU ALL FROM MENARD'S

I had to shush my wife yesterday so we could hear the jingle. She's from the south so she didn't understand