Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

FUCKFACE MORON
Apr 23, 2010

by sebmojo
Thread for discussing the best division in the NFL

If the Chiefs win the AFC West again they will be the first team in the division to do so in six consecutive seasons

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

a neat cape
Feb 22, 2007

Aw hunny, these came out GREAT!
I could have sworn Madden did it but!

Also this is an insane run.

Grittybeard
Mar 29, 2010

Bad, very bad!
Thinking about the Broncos this morning as one does. You kinda have to roll with Drew Lock don't you? I like Teddy, but the knee and coaching got rid of any...like, aggressiveness he might have once had. If you start him you're hoping your ageing defense is gonna be 2000 Ravens level good.

There's a very good chance they would be a better team starting Teddy, but I see a very small chance of them making any noise if they do. Plus you can tank better with Lock if we get what we expect.

Kull the Conqueror
Apr 8, 2006

Take me to the green valley,
lay the sod o'er me,
I'm a young cowboy,
I know I've done wrong
Regardless of who starts game 1 I have a feeling we’ll be seeing both qbs play this season and it’ll be a hearty feast of disappointment.

My main curiosity for this year is how much better Jeudy can get.

dingo with a joint
Jan 12, 2019

wrong cow

Grittybeard posted:

Thinking about the Broncos this morning as one does. You kinda have to roll with Drew Lock don't you? I like Teddy, but the knee and coaching got rid of any...like, aggressiveness he might have once had. If you start him you're hoping your ageing defense is gonna be 2000 Ravens level good.

There's a very good chance they would be a better team starting Teddy, but I see a very small chance of them making any noise if they do. Plus you can tank better with Lock if we get what we expect.

It is a very depressed (though realistic) selection of mountain-horses that will agree with this.

FUCKFACE MORON
Apr 23, 2010

by sebmojo
Teddy is the safer choice but Lock has the higher ceiling (knock on wood). It's also worth noting that Teddy looked pretty good when he subbed in for Brees for those first 5-6 games in 2019; there was an issue with coaching in Carolina the following season IIRC, which is why Teddy seemingly regressed and looked above average at best.

FUCKFACE MORON fucked around with this message at 14:46 on Aug 10, 2021

YOLOsubmarine
Oct 19, 2004

When asked which Pokemon he evolved into, Kamara pauses.

"Motherfucking, what's that big dragon shit? That orange motherfucker. Charizard."

Nick Jr. Face posted:

Teddy is the safer choice but Lock has the higher ceiling (knock on wood). It's also worth noting that Teddy looked pretty good when he subbed in for Brees for those first 5-6 games in 2019; there was an issue with coaching in Carolina the following season IIRC, which is why Teddy seemingly regressed and looked above average at best.

Teddy looked pretty much exactly the same in Carolina and New Orleans. The main difference is that Carolina didn’t have the supporting talent NY did, or the defense to let him get away with winning games where they scored 13 and 12 points respectively.

He’s a check down guy. He won’t take chances throwing downfield so you’d better hope you’ve got guys who can run after catch. None of the Saints fans I know shed any tears when he left.

3 DONG HORSE
May 22, 2008

I'd like to thank Satan for everything he's done for this organization

Grittybeard posted:

I think Bridgewater guarantees, like, 6 wins for sure while Lock guarantees at least 4 but might get us to 8. It's a poo poo situation. The defense is gonna have to get us anywhere close to playoffs.

e: I wish they could merge into a Voltron taking the best qualities of each to form one marginally competent QB

3 DONG HORSE fucked around with this message at 16:17 on Aug 10, 2021

Chucktesla
Jul 13, 2014

I think herbert is gonna be good

a neat cape
Feb 22, 2007

Aw hunny, these came out GREAT!

Chucktesla posted:

I think herbert is gonna be good

I'm concerned about defensive depth

Chucktesla
Jul 13, 2014

a neat cape posted:

I'm concerned about defensive depth

It's not looking great outside of linebacker and maybe edge rusher

E: if some of the rookies are as good as what's being said out of camp then the only spot that needs help going into next season is the defensive line so uh, here's hoping Jerry tillery is better than a replacement level player this year

Chucktesla fucked around with this message at 17:43 on Aug 10, 2021

Chucktesla
Jul 13, 2014

Chargers unofficial depth chart

Blitz of 404 Error
Sep 19, 2007

Joe Biden is a top 15 president

Only real surprise is Tanner Muse at SLB

Raku
Nov 7, 2012

Every good gift and every perfect gift is from above, coming down from the Father of lights with whom there is no variation or shadow due to change.

Roll Tide
how is nathan peterman still even a backup

fartknocker
Oct 28, 2012

Damn it, this always happens. I think I'm gonna score, and then I never score. It's not fair.

Wedge Regret

Raku posted:

Jon Gruden is insane.

FUCKFACE MORON
Apr 23, 2010

by sebmojo

Raku posted:

He stands for the national anthem

Blitz of 404 Error
Sep 19, 2007

Raku posted:

Gruden will always have a pet QB project and you just hope he never starts or gets close to starting

Blitz of 404 Error
Sep 19, 2007

https://twitter.com/PFF_Moo/status/1425446581940146180

Metapod
Mar 18, 2012
I thought the raiders gm was hired because he was a draft guru

Blitz of 404 Error
Sep 19, 2007

Strong same

Ehud
Sep 19, 2003

football.

They accidentally tweeted the chart upside down here is a fixed version.

Chucktesla
Jul 13, 2014

Would've thought chargers would be higher until I remember every offensive line pick they've made outside of 2021

Blitz of 404 Error
Sep 19, 2007

https://twitter.com/VinnyBonsignore/status/1425479459734384640

huh, Gruden saw the GPS numbers and thought they were either really high or really low

kiimo
Jul 24, 2003

Brett Veach too low because he didn't take over until '19

Ballard is way too conservative also. Saving the owner money instead of putting a winning team together in my opinion.

FUCKFACE MORON
Apr 23, 2010

by sebmojo
Lock is starting preseason week 1 and Teddy in week 2. Yawn

Chucktesla
Jul 13, 2014

Is Kendall Hinton going to get any snaps at quarterback this preseason

kiimo
Jul 24, 2003

Man I was excited that Chiefs v 49ers was probably going to get played at bars this Saturday night in LA but then found out Chargers v Rams is on at the same time.

Blitz of 404 Error
Sep 19, 2007

https://twitter.com/RealTannenbaum/status/1425539245175943177

japtor
Oct 28, 2005
I'm guessing the Raiders had a higher FG split than the rest considering how much they sputtered out last year.

Blitz of 404 Error
Sep 19, 2007

Yes lots of settling for field goals (the red zone O was really bad) and lots of offensive turnovers

MrLogan
Feb 4, 2004

Ask me about Derek Carr's stolen MVP awards, those dastardly refs, and, oh yeah, having the absolute worst fucking gimmick in The Football Funhouse.
None of those teams make the playoffs if they get the -3 ref modifier that the Raiders got last year.

Derek Fcking Carr posted:

Yes lots of settling for field goals (the red zone O was really bad) and lots of offensive turnovers
Yes, some of the red zone play calling was really bad.

Chucktesla
Jul 13, 2014

WYTS chargers
https://defector.com/why-your-team-sucks-2021-los-angeles-chargers/

Blitz of 404 Error
Sep 19, 2007

https://twitter.com/PFF_Jarad/status/1424043265645441024?s=20

Chucktesla
Jul 13, 2014

Here's me https://twitter.com/jeffstanbury1/status/1424405002513170432?s=19

3 DONG HORSE
May 22, 2008

I'd like to thank Satan for everything he's done for this organization

That looks like standard operating procedure to me sir

Blitz of 404 Error
Sep 19, 2007

https://twitter.com/BDWilliams18/status/1426736871590223872

dingo with a joint
Jan 12, 2019

wrong cow
Andy teasing us with a sight of Pat under center, only to pull him almost immediately and leave us with Chad. What a flirter.

Doctor Teeth
Sep 12, 2008

i didn't know linval joseph was on the chargers now. does he have anything left in the tank?

aperion
May 15, 2007

i want to believe
Grimey Drawer

Doctor Teeth posted:

i didn't know linval joseph was on the chargers now. does he have anything left in the tank?

He was good last year, easily the best interior D-Lineman the team had. Without Bosa and Ingram consistently, he didn't always have help, so he ate a lot more double-teams than he should have.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Chucktesla
Jul 13, 2014

https://twitter.com/nflnetwork/status/1427069413107195906?s=19

Sweet