Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Grittybeard
Mar 29, 2010

Bad, very bad!

Metapod posted:

Are any of the corners the chiefs drafted making any noise in camp

I've read a little chatter about McDuffie doing some good things. I think he's gonna be playing a lot whatever happens.

Apparently when they go dime/3 safety Cook the second round Safety is playing deep instead of where Sorensen used to play (we all though he was drafted to replace him). They're using Justin Reid in that spot instead, at least for now. He's still firmly the third safety but again, it's August 7th so you know, that can change. Haven't heard anything good or bad about the 4th rounder and 7th round guys but I don't pay as much attention as I used to.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

kiimo
Jul 24, 2003

Actually all three corners are doing quite well. McDuffie has four PBU in two practices, Joshua Williams has been running with the 1s since day 1 and aside from the occasional misstep (he almost broke Juju's neck today) has looked great and Jaylen Watson has looked so good that the Chiefs cut former first rounder Deandre Baker today.

Veach is very good at drafting secondary players

kiimo fucked around with this message at 20:11 on Aug 7, 2022

Proud graduate of the Andy Reid coaching clinic.
What are the better media places to stay up to date on that kind of stuff? People to follow on social, news outlets, etc.

kiimo
Jul 24, 2003

I follow a lot of the local reporters like Nate Taylor, Matt Derrick, etc. And the 810 guys like Josh Briscoe who is very active on twitter. And more national guys like James Palmer. KC Sports Network is a good follow with clips during every practice.

Or you could go to Chiefs Planet if you want idiotic hot takes from racists.

Metapod
Mar 18, 2012
Looks like the chiefs are going back to the afccg

Strobe
Jun 30, 2014
GW BRAINWORMS CREW

Metapod posted:

Looks like the chiefs are going back to the afccg

At this point I assume that this is a given until it doesn't happen.

Grittybeard
Mar 29, 2010

Bad, very bad!
I am actually worried about the pass rush for the most part, but I am very much performatively worried about Mahomes not being able to stop himself from throwing to a wide open Valdes-Scantling and having him drop everything.

Like I will complain about this a lot in GDTs.

a neat cape
Feb 22, 2007

Aw hunny, these came out GREAT!

Strobe posted:

Yeah

Blitz of 404 Error
Sep 19, 2007

Joe Biden is a top 15 president

Strobe posted:

If you're a coward and don't follow the nfl closely yeah

Strobe
Jun 30, 2014
GW BRAINWORMS CREW

Blitz of 404 Error posted:

If you're a coward and don't follow the nfl closely yeah

It has happened 100% of the time since Mahomes became starter and I'll be here to :smuggo: about it when it happens again.

a neat cape
Feb 22, 2007

I think any of the teams could win the afcw. They all have the talent.

But until KC doesn't win it, they're the favorites

Grittybeard
Mar 29, 2010

Bad, very bad!
The Chiefs signed Danny Shelton who I know very little about other than his position (big old interior DL) and that he's been out of football for quite a while. Check that he just hasn't been starting.

But looking him up this guy ran a 5.64 40 and got drafted 12th overall. That is a goddamned accomplishment, I don't care what position you play. Rich Eisen in a suit is not beating you in this race, but he's pushing you a little bit.

Oh yeah he's this guy, I do remember this:

quote:

On April 30, 2015, Shelton was drafted by the Cleveland Browns with the 12th overall selection of the first round in the 2015 NFL Draft. When meeting with Roger Goodell on stage, he hugged the commissioner and lifted him off the ground in excitement.

e: Hell Feast Mode how could I forget that? Also give me any DT with the middle name Saileupumoni. (I mean he's not very good but that ticks all my boxes for a DT I'll irrationally cheer for)

Grittybeard fucked around with this message at 21:18 on Aug 9, 2022

Cavauro
Jan 9, 2008

my pecka fall off in the afc west.

Seiyal
Jul 9, 2015

In my mind I just pretend. My brain is my only true friend.
While it was expected, (as he’d been in hospice care) Len Dawson passed away this morning.

https://www.kmbc.com/article/len-dawson-kansas-city-chiefs-quarterback-dead-at-87/40943140

Troy Queef
Jan 12, 2013

Seiyal posted:

While it was expected, (as he’d been in hospice care) Len Dawson passed away this morning.

https://www.kmbc.com/article/len-dawson-kansas-city-chiefs-quarterback-dead-at-87/40943140

my dad (who was 10 years old when the Chiefs moved to KC) plays tennis on Wednesday mornings, which is why I haven't called him about this. he doesn't smoke anymore but I'm planning on getting him a Winston and a Fresca in honor of the greatest picture of Lenny Cool:

kiimo
Jul 24, 2003

Growing up I always thought it as a beer instead of a fresca

Grittybeard
Mar 29, 2010

Bad, very bad!
:rip: Lenny the Cool. Met him once when I was, I dunno, 12 or so. He was very charming, had no business going on or anything but he took time to talk a bit just because I had a Chiefs jersey on. And all the things he actually did were pretty damned impressive of course, but that's my personal story.

Also Tanier thinks this might be the year SA2K?

https://twitter.com/MikeTanier/status/1562435746359025664

Oberstwo
Aug 19, 2022

I heard the raiders center was top 10, but madden only has him at 71 overall. Can someone explain this discrepancy ?

Nervous
Jan 25, 2005

Why, hello, my little slice of pecan pie.

Oberstwo posted:

I heard the raiders center was top 10, but madden only has him at 71 overall. Can someone explain this discrepancy ?

Maybe it's an extension of the ref scam that's caused every Raider's loss for the last X years, or however that works.

Tricky Ed
Aug 18, 2010

It is important to avoid confusion. This is the one that's okay to lick.

Oberstwo posted:

Top ten lists and Madden ratings are all made up by people full of their own agendas and biases, and are neither reflective of an absolute reality nor predictive of results in NFL games, and can thus all be ignored.

fartknocker
Oct 28, 2012

Damn it, this always happens. I think I'm gonna score, and then I never score. It's not fair.

Wedge Regret
Also Madden sucks, hasn’t been good in probably a decade, or truly great for another decade beyond that.

All hail Tecmo :thurman:

Pontius Pilate
Jul 25, 2006

Crucify, Whale, Crucify
Just further proof it’s the raiders versus the world

MrLogan
Feb 4, 2004

Ask me about Derek Carr's stolen MVP awards, those dastardly refs, and, oh yeah, having the absolute worst fucking gimmick in The Football Funhouse.

Oberstwo posted:

You might be thinking of Hudson. Who was the best center of the league before the Cards ruined him.

Andre James is a perfectly average center.

Oberstwo
Aug 19, 2022

Tricky Ed posted:

Top ten lists and Madden ratings are all made up by people full of their own agendas and biases, and are neither reflective of an absolute reality nor predictive of results in NFL games, and can thus all be ignored.

They seem pretty reflective of reality though? They say the Raiders oline sucks and that tracks to reality

Dismissing ratings out of hand isn't productive

Oberstwo fucked around with this message at 00:05 on Aug 25, 2022

Oberstwo
Aug 19, 2022

MrLogan posted:

You might be thinking of Hudson. Who was the best center of the league before the Cards ruined him.

Andre James is a perfectly average center.

Thank you for answering the question without vitriol and bias.

However I've seen a number of Raiders fans say Andrew James is a top 10 center. Why would they think that?

MrLogan
Feb 4, 2004

Ask me about Derek Carr's stolen MVP awards, those dastardly refs, and, oh yeah, having the absolute worst fucking gimmick in The Football Funhouse.

Oberstwo posted:

Thank you for answering the question without vitriol and bias.

However I've seen a number of Raiders fans say Andrew James is a top 10 center. Why would they think that?

Raider Brain is the most likely explanation.

The only person on the Raider o-line that you could argue might be top 10 at their respective position would be Miller. Everyone else is average at best.

Blitz of 404 Error
Sep 19, 2007

Joe Biden is a top 15 president
https://mobile.twitter.com/pff_raiders/status/1476289419736924161?lang=en

Strobe
Jun 30, 2014
GW BRAINWORMS CREW
It seems entirely possible that most Centers suck and that a 71 might actually be the fringe of the Top 10.

a neat cape
Feb 22, 2007

Corey Linsley is pretty good

kiimo
Jul 24, 2003

Creed is great.

Not that Creed.

Grittybeard
Mar 29, 2010

Bad, very bad!

kiimo posted:

Creed is great.

Not that Creed.

You take that back right now.

Twice

(I am very happy with all non-singing Creeds, and the one one the Chiefs looks like a monster to deal with)

fartknocker
Oct 28, 2012

Damn it, this always happens. I think I'm gonna score, and then I never score. It's not fair.

Wedge Regret

kiimo posted:

Creed is great.

Not that Creed.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AopWqv-eQFM

Pontius Pilate
Jul 25, 2006

Crucify, Whale, Crucify

Grittybeard posted:

(I am very happy with all non-singing Creeds, and the one one the Chiefs looks like a monster to deal with)

Where does creedence clearwater revival fit in this?

Grittybeard
Mar 29, 2010

Bad, very bad!

Pontius Pilate posted:

Where does creedence clearwater revival fit in this?

...poo poo. Well all non singing Creeds and some singing Creeds are awesome.

draeper
Mar 7, 2019

:yosnice:

a neat cape posted:

Corey Linsley is pretty good

indeed

Oberstwo
Aug 19, 2022

Why is he rated so poorly then???

Oberstwo
Aug 19, 2022

Strobe posted:

It seems entirely possible that most Centers suck and that a 71 might actually be the fringe of the Top 10.

I'm a moron and counted and he's like 35th lol

Oberstwo
Aug 19, 2022

Yall ever have friends who take their teams super serious even when they don't have any playoff wins since before high school? One of my raiders friends yelled at me for not knowing the raiders kicker

kiimo
Jul 24, 2003

I can name probably three kickers max if I have to mention what team they play for and I'm in four fantasy leagues.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

MrLogan
Feb 4, 2004

Oberstwo posted:

Yall ever have friends who take their teams super serious even when they don't have any playoff wins since before high school? One of my raiders friends yelled at me for not knowing the raiders kicker

Carlson was 2nd team all pro.