Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

King Hong Kong
Nov 6, 2009

For we'll fight with a vim
that is dead sure to win.

Coldforge posted:

He's either showing great improvement, with more zip and better accuracy, and demonstrating the leadership of Julius Caeser post-Rubicon (April version, not March) OR he's too raw and completely uncoachable and the 49ers should have drafted Mac Jones and will be starting Jimmy G again this year.

Your pick! Must be one or the other, there is no in between.

Unfortunately, I wanted the leadership of Augustus to erase our unhappy memories of the Brady era, so I guess he’s a bust. Sad!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

DariusLikewise
Oct 4, 2008

You wore that on Halloween?
https://twitter.com/camdasilva/status/1542593390222737412?s=20&t=V1o0SfX_WVn3v4NQEsHxzQ

Jared :smith:

Nit Wit Dog Shit
Sep 28, 2000

Toilet Rascal

Super cool.

Bob Socko
Feb 20, 2001

Wow, that was classy of him. Good for Goff.

Lifespan
Mar 5, 2002
"Congrats Sean. Looks like I really was holding you back :smith:"

Coldforge
Oct 29, 2002

I knew it would be bad.
I didn't know it would be so stupid.
https://twitter.com/FieldYates/status/1543312223484973057

Canned Sunshine
Nov 20, 2005

CAUTION: POST QUALITY UNDER CONSTRUCTION

God drat

Tweak
Jul 28, 2003

or dont whatever

that guy is continuing in the replies of everyone with, "i'm not owned!! i'm not owned!!

Lifespan
Mar 5, 2002
I'm actually feeling sorry for Drew Lock at this point. Don't get me wrong, I don't want him to be QB1 of my team, but the guy is taking a huge beating this offseason.

shirts and skins
Jun 25, 2007

Good morning!
If you think he's taking a beating now just wait til he's trying to fill Russ' shoes on the road at SoFi

Cat Hassler
Feb 7, 2006

Slippery Tilde
Lock will get killed or benched by week 4

Gonz
Dec 22, 2009

"Jesus, did I say that? Or just think it? Was I talking? Did they hear me?"
Yeah, I was gonna say. 17 is a pretty generous number. It’s probably more like 4 to 7 games.

Lifespan
Mar 5, 2002

shirts and skins posted:

If you think he's taking a beating now just wait til he's trying to fill Russ' shoes on the road at SoFi

I actually don't think it will get much worse. People already (rightfully) expect he will suck poo poo so either he continues to suck and it's as bad as we thought or he is better and people commend the effort (while the Seahawks still lose).

Peachfart
Jan 21, 2017

lmao

shirts and skins
Jun 25, 2007

Good morning!

Lifespan posted:

I actually don't think it will get much worse. People already (rightfully) expect he will suck poo poo so either he continues to suck and it's as bad as we thought or he is better and people commend the effort (while the Seahawks still lose).

I was going for more of a literal meaning of "beating" here

Play
Apr 25, 2006

Strong stroll for a mangy stray
Drew Lock is so dreamy. You will rue the day you belittled my prince

Bob Socko
Feb 20, 2001

Guess that answers that question.

https://twitter.com/Seahawks/status/1544388290010238976?s=20&t=uqTU4rn3I9xni3ozqmXyig

Edit - ugh, feels like I'm always beaten by the N/V thread. I need to do a better job of checking that first.

Qwijib0
Apr 10, 2007

Who needs on-field skills when you can dance like this?

Fun Shoe

Bob Socko posted:

Guess that answers that question.

https://twitter.com/Seahawks/status/1544388290010238976?s=20&t=uqTU4rn3I9xni3ozqmXyig

Edit - ugh, feels like I'm always beaten by the N/V thread. I need to do a better job of checking that first.

Looks like this thread has between 10-20 years to collect the estimated $10.8B the team will be worth when the estate might be taking offers to make a competitive bid

Nit Wit Dog Shit
Sep 28, 2000

Toilet Rascal

The twitterverse is poison, but this tweet is legitimaly warranted and super awesome. Very impressive, tennis people.

MakaVillian
Aug 16, 2003

Well, in Whoville they say - that his tiny hands grew three sizes that day.

https://www.nbcsports.com/bayarea/49ers/jerry-rice-recounts-running-routes-catching-passes-49ers-trey-lance

Lance confirmed a future star

DariusLikewise
Oct 4, 2008

You wore that on Halloween?
https://twitter.com/AroundTheNFL/status/1546482438431334401?s=20&t=szPfbWO6j_X8ywl-JI69xg

49ers going to get a conditional sixth for Jimmy at this point

CharlestheHammer
Jun 26, 2011

YOU SAY MY POSTS ARE THE RAVINGS OF THE DUMBEST PERSON ON GOD'S GREEN EARTH BUT YOU YOURSELF ARE READING THEM. CURIOUS!
Seahawks bought to watch a very pretty man die

Impossibly Perfect Sphere
Nov 6, 2002

They wasted Luanne on Lucky!

She could of have been so much more but the writers just didn't care!

To whooooo?

Lifespan
Mar 5, 2002

He's getting $27m this year, no one is going to take that.

Forrest on Fire
Nov 23, 2012

Lifespan posted:

He's getting $27m this year, no one is going to take that.

The 49ers would presumably eat a portion of it.

If they're trading him early, they almost certainly will eat a lot of the cap payment. They're not trading him to start in division. I don't think he's a starter even with training camp anywhere else. I guess NYG?

Ornery and Hornery
Oct 22, 2020

My understanding is that if the niners cut him before a certain date, they basically get Jimmy’s money back. So teams are aware of this and know that niners gotta just cut him.

Spoeank
Jul 16, 2003

That's a nice set of 11 dynasty points there, it would be a shame if 3 rings were to happen with it
https://twitter.com/TheSFNiners/status/1546569273736187905?t=IQUGpXQxstDS_nghi7V9WA&s=19

Jack Nicholson nod dot gif

Nov 6, 2002

I think it's more likely he ends up on the Patriots than the Seahawks.

Leperflesh
May 17, 2007

He's a superbowl-caliber quarterback, by which I mean he took a team to the superbowl. I think there might just be a team out there willing to spend the $27 mil. Seahawks included. Even if we all agree that he's not going to become a QB that can single-handedly carry an otherwise mediocre team, that still puts him in the top half of all QBs currently starting in the league and I think there's teams that can recognize that and be willing to grab him.

The funniest possible outcome would be him going to the bucs to be tom brady's backup, though, so if nobody gets him at his current salary and he winds up dropped, I hope that's what happens.

Nov 6, 2002

Leperflesh posted:

top half of all QBs currently starting in the league

lol

Forrest on Fire
Nov 23, 2012

Leperflesh posted:

He's a superbowl-caliber quarterback, by which I mean he took a team to the superbowl. I think there might just be a team out there willing to spend the $27 mil. Seahawks included. Even if we all agree that he's not going to become a QB that can single-handedly carry an otherwise mediocre team, that still puts him in the top half of all QBs currently starting in the league and I think there's teams that can recognize that and be willing to grab him.

The funniest possible outcome would be him going to the bucs to be tom brady's backup, though, so if nobody gets him at his current salary and he winds up dropped, I hope that's what happens.

Jimmy G in a vertical scheme sounds like a recipe for disaster. I think Dallas/Cincy/Cleveland/Miami all make way more sense. But the idea of Jimmy riding one more year as Tawmmy's clipboard administrator is too good to pass out.

Mustached Demon
Nov 12, 2016

Jimmy G is pretty good at handing the ball off, what else do you need from a NFC West QB?

YOLOsubmarine
Oct 19, 2004

When asked which Pokemon he evolved into, Kamara pauses.

"Motherfucking, what's that big dragon shit? That orange motherfucker. Charizard."

Leperflesh posted:

Nick Foles is a Super Bowl winning quarterback and he’s making like 3 million dollars next year.

King Hong Kong
Nov 6, 2009

For we'll fight with a vim
that is dead sure to win.

I’m ready for Seahawks Legend Jimmy G.

shirts and skins
Jun 25, 2007

Good morning!

Isn't this basically their job as a front office? I'm sure they did film work on every QB who could become available and then some.

Schwack
Jan 31, 2003

Someone needs to stop this! Sherman has lost his mind! Peyton is completely unable to defend himself out there!

King Hong Kong posted:

I’m ready for Seahawks Legend Jimmy G.

I wouldn't hate it. They're going to presumably ride Penny/Walker and their defense as much as possible. That's worked out pretty well for the 49ers, but I'm not sure the Seahawks have the offensive coaching to be nearly as effective with him. That said, Carroll has always wanted a point guard at QB to compliment his relentless commitment to THE RUN and Jimmy pretty well fits that bill. That said, I'm sure once he's cut there will be some competition to sign him and he may be priced out of the Seahawks range.

Coldforge
Oct 29, 2002

I knew it would be bad.
I didn't know it would be so stupid.

Ornery and Hornery posted:

My understanding is that if the niners cut him before a certain date, they basically get Jimmy’s money back. So teams are aware of this and know that niners gotta just cut him.

They have until Aug 30, after which his money is guaranteed.

Cat Hassler
Feb 7, 2006

Slippery Tilde
We haven’t had a dreamy QB since Charlie Whitehurst so I’m down

Leperflesh
May 17, 2007

I'm stealing this tiered ranking of QBs from some site I've never heard of but I think it's putting Jimmy G too low:

quote:

Tier 1:
Patrick Mahomes, Kansas City Chiefs
Josh Allen, Buffalo Bills
Aaron Rodgers, Green Bay Packers
Justin Herbert, Los Angeles Chargers
Tom Brady, Tampa Bay Buccaneers
Joe Burrow, Cincinnati Bengals
Tier 2:
Dak Prescott, Dallas Cowboys
Deshaun Watson, Cleveland Browns
Lamar Jackson, Baltimore Ravens
Matthew Stafford, Los Angeles Rams
Russell Wilson, Denver Broncos
Tier 3
Derek Carr, Las Vegas Raiders
Kyler Murray, Arizona Cardinals
Tier 4
Kirk Cousins, Minnesota Vikings
Mac Jones, New England Patriots
Ryan Tannehill, Tennessee Titans
Tier 5
Matt Ryan, Indianapolis Colts
Jameis Winston, New Orleans Saints
Trevor Lawrence, Jacksonville Jaguars
Justin Fields, Chicago Bears
Jimmy Garoppolo, San Francisco 49ers
Tier 6
Tua Tagovailoa, Miami Dolphins
Davis Mills, Houston Texans
Jared Goff, Detroit Lions
Carson Wentz, Washington Commanders
Jalen Hurts, Philadelphia Eagles
Tier 7
Zach Wilson, New York Jets
Marcus Mariota, Atlanta Falcons
Mitch Trubisky, Pittsburgh Steelers
Daniel Jones, New York Giants
Drew Lock, Seattle Seahawks
Sam Darnold, Carolina Panthers

I think I'd actually slot Jimmy G in around Tier 4, and if he's above Tannehill that'd put him above around 18 other QBs - in the top half of the league.
I don't think Jimmy G is worse than Tanny or Mac Jones and actually I think when he's healthy he plays at or above Kirk Cousins level.

e. also LOL at pittsburgh

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Pungry
Feb 26, 2011

JUST PICK ONE. ANY ONE.
Yeah I'm sure the Seahawks are just about to trade for Jimmy G, just like how they were just about to trade for Baker and sign Kaep.