Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Ornery and Hornery
Oct 22, 2020

Tank44 posted:

Any of you all interested in my Seahawks preseason tickets for the game this weekend, Sat Aug 21st vs Denver Broncos. I have 4 and can likely wrangle up 2 more in front of the others. Willing to get rid of these for $80 per pair which is half price or best offer. Sec 314, row W on the aisle.

May also be selling off the other preseason game vs Chargers the following week too.

Are you seriously trying to charge goons $80 per pair, for preseason games, in a global pandemic?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Inspector 34
Mar 9, 2009

DOES NOT RESPECT THE RUN

BUT THEY WILL
I once sat in an upper 300 level seat for a Seahawks preseason game and I'm still amazed I lived through it and that I didn't see anybody else tumble down those stairs either. That poo poo is steep as gently caress. That is not the area to go if you plan on getting wasted before/during a game. Good workout though.

Forrest on Fire
Nov 23, 2012

Qwijib0 posted:

it's pretty good grass

No, it's the #1 grass in the NFL. I'm not above my fandom.

its all nice on rice
Nov 12, 2006

Sweet, Salty Goodness.

Buglord

Ornery and Hornery posted:

Are you seriously trying to charge goons $80 per pair, for preseason games, in a global pandemic?

Nah the pandemic is over. Open er up, brah! Got a coworker going to the Tampa home opener and then a Rays game a few days later. #myfacemychoice #covidhoax #personalchoice

Tank44
Jun 13, 2005

We want the ball & We're going to score

Ornery and Hornery posted:

Well I did sell them for that by other means...

hifi
Jul 25, 2012

8/19: jordan phillips covid positive
8/18: justin pugh covid positive
8/12: RB James Conner, TE Darrell Daniels, DL Leki Fotu, DB Charles Washington; the four were deemed high-risk close contacts
7/29: OT Kelvin Beachum, G Deion Calhoun, WR Rico Gafford, C Rodney Hudson, WR Andy Isabella, WR KeeSean Johnson, G Justin Pugh
7/23: DB Lorenzo Burns

so 14 players in 28 days. this is going to be a long loving season with these bums

Qwijib0
Apr 10, 2007

Who needs on-field skills when you can dance like this?

Fun Shoe
being the franchise that ends up forfeiting a game seems very on-brand for the cardinals.

algebra testes
Mar 5, 2011

Lipstick Apathy

its all nice on rice posted:

Nah the pandemic is over. Open er up, brah! Got a coworker going to the Tampa home opener and then a Rays game a few days later. #myfacemychoice #covidhoax #personalchoice

1) Rays are really good.

2) No problems social distancing at the Trop, folks,,,,,!

half cocaine
Jul 22, 2019

lol who the gently caress is Alex mcgoufh

Bob Socko
Feb 20, 2001

half cocaine posted:

lol who the gently caress is Alex mcgoufh

A free agent, soon, I hope? I know he’s a third string practice squad arm, but oof.

Lifespan
Mar 5, 2002
Yeah, preseason is preseason, but man have the Seahawks laid a couple of wet farts so far. It definitely seems like a number of players have played themselves to the practice squad.

seiferguy
Jun 9, 2005

FLAWED
INTUITION

Toilet Rascal
Love the sequence of having a 2nd and 1 and running it up the gut 3 times for no gain and a turnover on downs.

Benne
Sep 2, 2011

STOP DOING HEROIN
Well I guess Geno is the QB2 by default again. McGouch likely played his way off the roster tonight.

On the bright side, Deejay Dallas looks much improved. One of the few second-teamers who's actually showing a pulse in these games.

Benne fucked around with this message at 13:13 on Aug 22, 2021

its all nice on rice
Nov 12, 2006

Sweet, Salty Goodness.

Buglord
I figured the performance from they backups would get a little better after Denver pulled their starters. How mistaken I was. Oh well. Preseason and all that.

seiferguy
Jun 9, 2005

FLAWED
INTUITION

Toilet Rascal
I'm not really sure how much I can learn from a preseason game but only that man, our depth looks pretty awful!

EmbryoSteve
Dec 18, 2004

Taste~The~Rainbow

My blood sugar is gon' be like

~^^^^*WHOA*^^^^~

Top heavy roster makes me worried about the year. Team looks like they can't even do the basic poo poo. I don't care about wins in the preseason but yikeeees the whole performance just looks bad

DariusLikewise
Oct 4, 2008

You wore that on Halloween?
Chris Garrett looks like a loving baller. He probably needs another year or two of bulking to make it as a full time starter but the man can pass rush.

DancingMachine
Aug 12, 2004

He's a dancing machine!
It looks like Seattle has made the strategic decision that preseason really is meaningless, and there's no point in participating at all other than to evaluate the individual performance of roster bubble guys. I'm a little worried about developing a brand new offense in this situation, but maybe it's a good call. Will be interesting to see if the offense looks lost in game 1.
Also Duane Brown holding out and also holding up the development of the new offense is pretty frustrating.

Coldforge
Oct 29, 2002

I knew it would be bad.
I didn't know it would be so stupid.

DancingMachine posted:

It looks like Seattle has made the strategic decision that preseason really is meaningless, and there's no point in participating at all other than to evaluate the individual performance of roster bubble guys. I'm a little worried about developing a brand new offense in this situation, but maybe it's a good call. Will be interesting to see if the offense looks lost in game 1.
Also Duane Brown holding out and also holding up the development of the new offense is pretty frustrating.

Duane Brown, you should be the highest paid player in the league. Hold out for as long as you need to get that :colbert:

half cocaine
Jul 22, 2019

Agreed. The Seahawks should release Bobby Wagner because Cody Barton making 11 tackles in one game means they can now be more strategic with the payroll.

shirts and skins
Jun 25, 2007

Good morning!
https://twitter.com/MikeDugar/status/1429572073983135745?s=19

Aw cmon guys, he had only 5 penalties in 30 snaps, that's not too bad right?

half cocaine
Jul 22, 2019

Surprise it's Ifedi wearing some guy's skin.

Cat Hassler
Feb 7, 2006

Slippery Tilde
I loved Breno Giacomini because even though he was a holding penalty machine he had the ability to get dudes angry enough to commit personal fouls

Nit Wit Dog Shit
Sep 28, 2000

Toilet Rascal

DariusLikewise posted:

Chris Garrett looks like a loving baller. He probably needs another year or two of bulking to make it as a full time starter but the man can pass rush.

I was at a picnic Saturday, so I didn't see the entire game, but of what I did see, it looked like Garrett was always in the game. Did he play the entire game, or just the second half?

From what I saw, it seemed he was involved in the play a lot. I don't know how accurate that is, due to libation of bourbon, so...

I know his college stats were off the charts, albeit it at a DII school. Maybe the NFL isn't too big for him.

Nit Wit Dog Shit fucked around with this message at 02:47 on Aug 23, 2021

EmbryoSteve
Dec 18, 2004

Taste~The~Rainbow

My blood sugar is gon' be like

~^^^^*WHOA*^^^^~

DancingMachine posted:

I hope it is a strategic decision vs a reflection of the lack of depth and where the coaching is at. Feeling nervousss

Its Rinaldo
Aug 13, 2010

CODS BINCH

shirts and skins posted:

https://twitter.com/MikeDugar/status/1429572073983135745?s=19

Aw cmon guys, he had only 5 penalties in 30 snaps, that's not too bad right?

Tom Cable account spotted

seiferguy
Jun 9, 2005

FLAWED
INTUITION

Toilet Rascal
Both Ben Burr-Kirven and John Ursua tore their ACLs in the preseason game against the Broncos. The two potentially useful depth pieces / special teams players already out :(

DariusLikewise
Oct 4, 2008

You wore that on Halloween?

Nit Wit Dog poo poo posted:

I was at a picnic Saturday, so I didn't see the entire game, but of what I did see, it looked like Garrett was always in the game. Did he play the entire game, or just the second half?

From what I saw, it seemed he was involved in the play a lot. I don't know how accurate that is, due to libation of bourbon, so...

I know his college stats were off the charts, albeit it at a DII school. Maybe the NFL isn't too big for him.

I think he just played the first half, but he really was in on every play on defense. Jonah Williams also looked really good, but he's got a pretty big uphill climb to make the roster. JR Reed might beat out Juju Hughes for the fifth safety spot and they look like they finally might have solved their middle linebacker depth issues as well.

Rad Valtar
May 31, 2011

Someday coach Im going to throw for 6 TDs in the Super Bowl.

Sit your ass down Steve.
gently caress it start Lance, let’s get this thing poppin’

Mustached Demon
Nov 12, 2016

Rad Valtar posted:

gently caress it start Lance, let’s get this thing poppin’

He seemed to have a pretty decent go at some drives. Did lots of handing off which is most important.

Lifespan
Mar 5, 2002
Luuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuke!

https://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2021/08/23/luke-willson-set-to-visit-seahawks/

Bob Socko
Feb 20, 2001

Techno Thursdays are back (maybe)!

Chernabog
Apr 16, 2007

Made this a couple of months ago and just realized I didn't post it here, maybe some of you will like it.
https://i.imgur.com/tn831bU.gifv

Bob Socko
Feb 20, 2001

Chernabog posted:

Made this a couple of months ago and just realized I didn't post it here, maybe some of you will like it.

Russell Gearson. Cool!

Athanatos
Jun 7, 2006

Est. 1967

Chernabog posted:

This is fantastic, amazing work.

half cocaine
Jul 22, 2019

Chernabog posted:

Awesome

Chernabog
Apr 16, 2007

Thanks!

Bob Socko posted:

Russell Gearson. Cool!
I actually called it "Scramble" :v: but I like that one too.

Its Rinaldo
Aug 13, 2010

CODS BINCH

Chernabog posted:

I like it!

MakaVillian
Aug 16, 2003

Well, in Whoville they say - that his tiny hands grew three sizes that day.

That's super neat

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

seiferguy
Jun 9, 2005

FLAWED
INTUITION

Toilet Rascal
https://twitter.com/MikeDugar/status/1430620467002441728

24 hour sign and dump lmao

Someone in the comments noted that he was refusing to get vaccinated, to which... bye bitch

Chernabog posted:

This is super cool, but also makes me very concerned for Russell's ligaments :ohdear:

edit:

https://twitter.com/LWillson_82/status/1430625755545755648

Looks like it was of his choice due to health decisions, that's rough.

seiferguy fucked around with this message at 21:24 on Aug 25, 2021