Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Crunch Buttsteak
Feb 26, 2007

You think reality is a circle of salt around my brain keeping witches out?

Froghammer posted:

The problem with bilking a crowd that actively wants you to call for a mass insurrection is that eventually they're gonna get mad if you don't ever call for a mass insurrection

Ya love to see it

It does genuinely seem that Mike Lindell wholly believes in his whole "I prove the election was fraudulent, everyone agrees and I am hailed as a hero, and the government will just give itself back to Trump because, hey, it's only fair" scenario is actually in the cards.

Like, with every other one of these motherfuckers, you can sense the implicit "and when that doesn't happen we storm the government with our guns" immediately after they say their piece. Mike really seems to believe in his own delusional bullshit.

Granted, I don't think it's because I think he'd be particularly saddened if his words DID lead to violent overthrow of the government. The reality of the situation just never really seemed to matter to him.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Crunch Buttsteak
Feb 26, 2007

You think reality is a circle of salt around my brain keeping witches out?

OgNar posted:

Lindell claims the Cyber Symposium was ruined because antifa had hooked up with CNN.

He hasn't shown any proof of that yet, but claims he will this week.

https://twitter.com/patriottakes/status/1427685508889550854

What's even funnier about this is that he's now blaming the "alternative media" that actually bothered showing up to the symposium. TruNews, a conspiracy theorist, openly-fascist Christian "news" site, gave his symposium three days of fawning coverage last week. Yesterday, Lindell said that TruNews is just an antifa plant, going further and saying it's entirely a fake news site created by Media Matters. The TruNews hosts, who have been in Lindell's corner ever since he met with Trump to advocate a coup, were utterly baffled for a few minutes before going "Eh gently caress that guy, we never liked him anyway".

Like I think that Lindell inherently understands the "just overwhelm everyone with bullshit" part of the right wing grift just fine, but he never got the memo that everyone's kind of in it together.