Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

evobatman
Jul 30, 2006

it means nothing, but says everything!
Pillbug
Somehow Australian/Eastern European sci-fi collaborations made it to Norway a lot. Spellbinder, The Odyssey, Ocean Girl, The Girl From Tomorrow and so on.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

evobatman
Jul 30, 2006

Pillbug
Stark Raving Mad from 1999-2000, with Tony Shalhoub and Neil Patrick Harris. I remember it being fun as hell, but apparently it was completely memoryholed. When I went looking for it a few years ago, all I managed to find were some VHS rips.

VR5 was already mentioned, but about the same period there was a miniseries called Wild Palms which was a sci-fi show about (amongst other things) media manipulation around an election. Featured Bebe Neuwirth.

evobatman
Jul 30, 2006

Pillbug

Pastry of the Year posted:

I have been remiss in not mentioning 12 Monkeys in this thread. It got four seasons to fully tell its story, and it's a very, very good show (I actually like it better than the source material, which is saying something), but it does seem forgotten. I rarely see people talk about it in the same way they do other sci-fi TV series, but the people who *did* watch it are absolutely fanatical.

It has something in common with my beloved Lodge 49, mentioned a-ways up thread, in that it was an obvious labor of love for everyone involved, and everyone who worked on it cites it as one of the best working experiences they've ever had.

The only issue I had with it was that it had a tendency in the later seasons of solving every problem with an automatic rifle.

Otherwise it was great, especially the episodes where they go into full heist-mode, and it does of course have one of the greatest scenes ever put on TV:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wDEgASduaR8