Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Cooked Auto
Aug 4, 2007

DrBouvenstein posted:

There were three shows that all started around the same time that were, at least initially, very similar in premise (aliens/monsters!)
Invasion
Surface
and...uhhh...some other one who's name I forgot that had Brent Spiner. Something like The Signal? (Edit: Looked it up and it was called Threshhold.)

The only one I remember from that era was something about some small sea monster washing up in a town in the Florida keys after a storm and being found by a couple of kids. Don't remember much else about it other than one of the plot twists was that there was, of course, bigger ones out there.

I do remember watching that space police series though and kinda enjoying it, didn't learn until later it was a failed venture.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Cooked Auto
Aug 4, 2007

Oh, I remember watching that one when I was younger. At least I think it was that one with the weird alien natives that could travel underground and a kid who had some weird connection with them.

Cooked Auto
Aug 4, 2007

His Divine Shadow posted:

The sci fi channel in the 90s was really good.

It really was yeah. Our family had satellite really early so I got exposed to a whole bunch of stuff like early cartoon network, nickelodeon and the Sci-fi channel.
Got my first anime exposure there through robotech and other stuff. Was a bit too young to stay up late and watch the movies so I never got to watch X2 and X3 that I saw trailers for a whole bunch.
But did get my MST3K exposure through it.
Was really sad when they shut down their European broadcasting. But that was the beginning of the end for that channel I guess.