Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Lord Hydronium
Sep 25, 2007

Non, je ne regrette rien

Goblin Craft posted:

Back to the mid '90s again I remember really being invested in another canceled-after-one-season show, Earth 2, which had a colony ship that escaped a polluted Earth but crash lands on the wrong hemisphere of their barely-settled destination planet, and IMDB tells me a few things I didn't remember like Clancy Brown and Tim Curry having roles. I remember some weird aliens that they either couldn't communicate with or maybe they weren't even sure they were fully sapient.
I never actually watched Earth 2, but I remember the commercials for it that aired during SeaQuest, which I was really into as a kid. (SeaQuest itself got three seasons, so it's probably too successful for this thread.) Also of all things, there's a reference to it in the X-Files; the Lone Gunmen at one point mention they're planning to watch the pilot episode to nitpick it.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Lord Hydronium
Sep 25, 2007

Non, je ne regrette rien

frankee posted:

it also had Jonathon Banks as the main antagonist

Speaking of Jonathan Banks, he was one of the main villains in the extremely underrated Day Break. It was a Groundhog Day type mystery starring Taye Diggs as a cop who's been framed for murder. There were some neat twists on the time loop formula, like how all his wounds carried over from day to day, and he could sometimes cause permanent changes in the loop. It only aired for one season, but it was a self contained plot, so everything got wrapped up and it didn't really need anything more. It just seems to have been forgotten after that; it got a DVD release that's now out of print, and doesn't seem to be streaming anywhere.

Lord Hydronium
Sep 25, 2007

Non, je ne regrette rien

There were so many of those shows in the mid 2000s trying to be the next Lost. And it seemed like every one of them had as part of its pitch "We've actually planned our show out and know the answers to the mysteries!" Which it turns out doesn't actually matter if it gets cancelled in its first season.