Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Tiggum
Oct 24, 2007

Your life and your quest end here.

Caedus posted:

that one that was set in Vancouver (they were all filmed in Vancouver but this one was actually SET there) that was a time traveling one? I can't recall the name, except I can recall they named their big bad corporation Sanmonto and it makes me giggle to this day.

Continuum. It started out decent but got pretty convoluted and dumb by the end. By season four I was mostly still watching because I liked Kellog.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Tiggum
Oct 24, 2007

duck trucker posted:

There was short-lived show on ABC called No Ordinary Family where a family of four, Dad played by Michael Chiklis and Mom played by Julie Benz, get in a plane accident where they get superpowers.
I recall being completely unsurprised this got cancelled. Thoroughly mediocre.

Aardvark! posted:

I thought the Limitless tv show from 2015 was surprisingly fun. It's your standard procedural with guy with Impossible Genius Powers, starring Jake McDorman and Jennifer Carpenter.
One of those shows that, if it had continued, I'd have kept watching and enjoying it, but when it ended I basically never thought about it again.

Lord Hydronium posted:

Speaking of Jonathan Banks, he was one of the main villains in the extremely underrated Day Break. It was a Groundhog Day type mystery starring Taye Diggs as a cop who's been framed for murder. There were some neat twists on the time loop formula, like how all his wounds carried over from day to day, and he could sometimes cause permanent changes in the loop. It only aired for one season, but it was a self contained plot, so everything got wrapped up and it didn't really need anything more. It just seems to have been forgotten after that; it got a DVD release that's now out of print, and doesn't seem to be streaming anywhere.
I remember this being good, but I can't recall a single detail of the plot beyond the basic premise.

Tiggum
Oct 24, 2007

Poo In An Alleyway posted:

Odyssey 5: The astronaut crew of a space shuttle looks on in horror as they witness the violent destruction of the Earth. However, they are given a chance to change humanity's fate when a sympathetic alien sends them five years into the past. Their mission--find out who's responsible for the plot to destroy the planet. Can they deal with their own pasts while saving the world from the mysterious organism known only as "Leviathan?"

https://www.imdb.com/title/tt0318236/

That sounds like the type of show I would start watching with high hopes and end up hate-watching as they ignored all the interesting possibilities in favour of increasingly convoluted conspiracies that never get resolved.

Tiggum
Oct 24, 2007

CannonFodder posted:

Better Off Ted was a great show that only had two seasons and was dropped during the Writer's Strike.
I probably should watch that again. It really was very good.

Tiggum
Oct 24, 2007

Poo In An Alleyway posted:

The Last Train was a show that ran for a single series on the British channel ITV in 1999. This show had a pretty wild concept, even by today’s standards: passengers on a train from London to Sheffield are cryogenically frozen in the midst of a train accident when a gas canister being illegally transported by a passenger bursts. They unfreeze thinking they’ve only been frozen for a few minutes, but exit the train tunnel to find that the civilisation had completely collapsed, realising that several weeks have passed and humanity is sparing and scattered. They later realise that they’ve been frozen for 52 years.

They must have had a pretty dim view of humanity and civilisation to think it could all collapse in a matter of weeks.

Tiggum
Oct 24, 2007

torgo posted:

Wonderfalls
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Rp24yShlF7U

A clerk at a gift shop starts hearing voices from inanimate objects telling her help people. It had a super cast and the visual effects were great for a TV show at the time. It was created by Bryan Fuller, and fits into his not entirely related trilogy of shows: Wonderfalls, Dead Like Me, and Pushing Daisies.
I don't think Wonderfalls was as good as Dead Like Me or Pushing Daisies, but Jaye was definitely my favourite protagonist out of the three shows.

Tiggum
Oct 24, 2007

BooDooBoo posted:

I really like crossovers in my fiction, it's a terrible thing.
I'm generally pretty indifferent to crossovers when they actually happen, but I really like the Tommy Westphall Universe theory where, thanks to crossovers and references, everything from M*A*S*H to Buffy the Vampire Slayer to Star Trek can be linked together into a single shared universe - and a surprisingly large number of connections are directly related to Richard Belzer's character Detective John Munch (best known from Law & Order: Special Victims Unit) who turns up in more shows than you'd expect.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Tiggum
Oct 24, 2007

Ralph Crammed In posted:

I really liked Becoming a God in Central Florida. It was renewed for a second season but then the pandemic hit and evidently it wasn't working out and now it's permanently canceled and no one seems to give enough of a poo poo about it to try to get a second season going :(
I really liked that show, but I don't think it needed a second season. It's perfectly fine existing as a single story with a defined end.