Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

the holy poopacy
May 16, 2009

hey! check this out
Fun Shoe

Erghh posted:

Sci-fi chat caused a memory of Captain Power and the Soldiers of the Future. 80s mostly Canadian Sci-fi kids show that was supposed to work with an "interactive" toy line. Canned for ultimately being too violent and heavy for saturday mornings.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Captain_Power_and_the_Soldiers_of_the_Future

Haha, I remember being super excited about the ideas of toys with a TV tie-in but 4-year-old me never quite understood why we only got to watch the show the one time.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

the holy poopacy
May 16, 2009

hey! check this out
Fun Shoe

CannonFodder posted:

Better Off Ted was a great show that only had two seasons and was dropped during the Writer's Strike.

Potato quality video but it shows how it could hit comedic beats like no other and Portia should have won awards for her role.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lMy5YpJysy4

It even has a forums gang tag, one of the early ones.

I always found it too sitcommy for my taste, but as far as sitcoms go it's definitely choice.

the holy poopacy
May 16, 2009

hey! check this out
Fun Shoe

Ugly In The Morning posted:

SCD is one of those shows where every episode has at least one scene that has me just absolutely losing it laughing. The improvement from season to season was huge, too, which says a lot when it started really good.

The first couple episodes kinda sucked but they set up a very steady, continuous rising action where every single episode for the first two seasons gets bigger and better. The season two finale was incredible TV. The third season didn't quite manage to keep it up but it still plateaued at a very nice place.

If we're bitching about Netflix cancellations, Friends From College is my favorite comedy of the last decade that never took off. I think it had some issues of not quite knowing what it was supposed to be but what it wound up being was hilarious. The second season got retooled somewhat after the first season got panned and wasn't quite as tight, but still had a lot of great bits.

the holy poopacy
May 16, 2009

hey! check this out
Fun Shoe

Poo In An Alleyway posted:

They had planned for 8 seasons AFAIK, but were only given one season after 5 to wrap up 3 seasons worth of plot that had already been planned out.

jfc I like Bojack but I can't imagine stringing it out that long would have been any good