Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Ugly In The Morning
Jul 1, 2010
Pillbug
Calling it a “favorite” feels wrong, but the fact Heil Honey, I’m Home had even one episode made is like the kind of thing that I’ll remember and have it blow my loving mind every now and again.

quote:

Heil Honey I'm Home! is a British sitcom, written by Geoff Atkinson and produced in 1990, which was cancelled after one episode. It centres on Adolf Hitler and Eva Braun, who live next door to a Jewish couple, Arny and Rosa Goldenstein.

Like, this was made in 1990

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Ugly In The Morning
Jul 1, 2010
Pillbug
As far as 1 season wonders go, Terriers is the best show of the 2010’s.

Ugly In The Morning
Jul 1, 2010
Pillbug
Remember the Karl Urban cop show with the robot partner? That was real good.

Ugly In The Morning
Jul 1, 2010
Pillbug

Basticle posted:

There is very little about it online but I also really really liked a show on FX in the early aughts called Lucky about a degenerate gambler living in vegas. Of course it got cancelled after like half a season.

That show owned and I didn’t think anyone else watched it.

Ugly In The Morning
Jul 1, 2010
Pillbug

Let’s Watch thread for it at some point?

Ugly In The Morning
Jul 1, 2010
Pillbug

Athanatos posted:

This was fantastic and a shame it ended. Both main characters were fun as hell to watch.

There’s a TVIV thread about it going right now.

The theme song was a loving jam, too.

https://youtu.be/qD8Kh7Pmzho

Ugly In The Morning
Jul 1, 2010
Pillbug

puckkcat posted:

I watched the poo poo out of that!!
10/10 ! would watch the poo poo out of again!!

It came out right after I graduated college and my dad and I would set a time to watch it every Wednesday. He was in recovery and the AA meetings and regret Hank had hit him right in the feels.

We also watched Lights Out a few months later which kicked rear end for me since I was a boxer that had the same “lights” punches.

Ugly In The Morning
Jul 1, 2010
Pillbug

HAmbONE posted:

Fringe was such an amazing show with so much potential. Great cast and while I haven’t seen it in years, I remember the effects being great. Then it ended, not with a bang, but with a shart

Did The Odyssey have an audience outside of Canada? https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/The_Odyssey_(TV_series)

The final season of fringe had its moments, like when they started using all the fringe events from earlier in the show as terror weapons

Ugly In The Morning
Jul 1, 2010
Pillbug

DrBouvenstein posted:

Speaking of weird sci-fi shows in 90's Nickelodeon, they also had a weird remake of Land of the Lost that ran for a season.

I wasn't alive for the 70's version, so for a while this was the only Land of the Lost that I thought existed.
https://youtu.be/dmcx0PWPYj0

That into makes it seem like they're aren't any Sleestaks, and the T-Rex is the main threat, but there were, though I think they have them smarter then the original 70s version... They were more like an evil dinosaur Three Stooges. A "smart" leader and two dumber underlings.

Fake edit: Wikipedia tells me it was originally babe for ABC and Nick just picked it up later for reruns, and it actually had 2 seasons, though only 26 eps total so closer to a regular full season of most shows.

That just gave me some major flashbacks. :same: to not knowing about the 70’s version for ages.

Ugly In The Morning
Jul 1, 2010
Pillbug
Speaking of shows that you can’t find anywhere, :lmao: at Allen Gregory being so bad that Fox only has it streaming on YouTube, where it has a channel with seven subscribers.

I really want to know more about those seven subscribers.

Ugly In The Morning
Jul 1, 2010
Pillbug
carnivale was really goddamn good and I don’t know anyone who’s watched it, speaking of Clancy Brown.

Ugly In The Morning
Jul 1, 2010
Pillbug

snergle posted:

check out pushing daisies its made the same guy in the same style. it also was cancelled =(

the cancelled tv show im the most mad about is santa clarita diet. great show with a meh netflix trailer and meh name that they cancelled and didnt even give them a couple episodes to idk not end on a cliff hanger.

SCD is one of those shows where every episode has at least one scene that has me just absolutely losing it laughing. The improvement from season to season was huge, too, which says a lot when it started really good.

Ugly In The Morning
Jul 1, 2010
Pillbug

Poo In An Alleyway posted:

That's one of the reasons I really liked Bojack Horseman and Kidding: both of those shows were cancelled but the showrunners were given enough notice that they managed to wrap up all the major (and minor, in the case of BH) plotlines before the end.

Bojack had been winding down for a season even before the cancellation. I’m pretty sure that it only would have gone for one more season tops if it hadn’t ended with 7.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Ugly In The Morning
Jul 1, 2010
Pillbug
Yeah, the final season was right as it was getting to the “alright, let’s wrap this up” point. I don’t know what they could have added that wouldn’t have been dragging everything else out.