Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

steinrokkan
Apr 2, 2011

Soiled Meat

nonathlon posted:

That show is burnt into my memory because of an article I once read about vampire media, which observed there is always a scene where someone explains how, actually, vampires are real but, actually, they work like this.

Sure enough, Kindred is littered with this, because they've got a dozen different clans and types of vampires to explain: "Hey, how can you walk around in sunlight? I thought that killed vampires." "That's because I'm a ..."

The main thing I remember about Kindred is that the Nosferatu, the vampire clan cursed to be so hideous that merely being seen by humans is considered a violation of the Masquerade, were just normal guys... but BALD!

I've forgotten everything else, but that one thing was pretty funny, as I remember it.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

steinrokkan
Apr 2, 2011

Soiled Meat

Antivehicular posted:

I feel like I've seen some affection for Lexx out there, although it was definitely a cult thing. My sophomore year of college, my roommate was seriously into Lexx and taught herself video editing to make a fan music video out of it, so... yeah, you're not alone. (Unless you're my sophomore roommate, in which case, I am very sorry.)

Lexx is genuinely the best and least embarrassing of all the various sci-fi space opera shows out there. From Star Trek to star gate to star wars.