Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

BrigadierSensible
Feb 16, 2012

I've got a pocket full of cheese🧀, and a garden full of trees🌴.

The Bob Morrisson Show.

An Australian sitcom about a talking dog. I don't remember if other people could hear or understand the dog talking, but we, the audience definitely could hear it's ruminations on suburban life in the 90s.

It was loving awful. It was on Channell 9 opposite first run Seinfeld and/or Simpsons episodes when we first got then in Australia

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

BrigadierSensible
Feb 16, 2012

I've got a pocket full of cheese🧀, and a garden full of trees🌴.

Jeza posted:

Recently remade to little fanfare and lukewarm critical reception in the US, the original UK show Utopia is a criminally underrated/unknown show. It's not particularly well-known in the UK, and gained essentially no traction in the states. It was cancelled because it simply wasn't particularly successful.

As far as TV shows go, Utopia is probably the most stylish show I've ever seen. It's definitely a little bit style over substance at points, but cinematographically/compositionally it's gorgeous. The music is also top-tier and very memorable. It's absolutely brutal/shocking viewing at times as well, with a lot of uncomfortable scenes.

It's available on Amazon Prime, but be warned that if you can access it another way, I recommend it because they have made a lot of editorial decisions to cut out certain parts.

Also, it feels almost more relevant than it did at release, what with climate change and a pandemic being key plot points.

Trailer (No spoilers, give a good flavour of the visual style and music):

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uJnN3WMwDsk

Opening scene:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mOeeFajZtE4

The first series of Utopia is AWESOME.

The second series left me flat though.