Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

madeintaipei
Jul 13, 2012

Following the late '80's-early '90's trend of titular vehicle shows: Viper, a very '90's show with a whole bunch of very '90's cars in it. What was better to kid-me than a red Dodge Viper? A red Dodge Viper that morphs into a... grey Dodge Viper! It's pretty bad.
Looked cool at the time.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=a4HmS7yKO60

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

madeintaipei
Jul 13, 2012

CannonFodder posted:

Better Off Ted was a great show that only had two seasons and was dropped during the Writer's Strike.

Potato quality video but it shows how it could hit comedic beats like no other and Portia should have won awards for her role.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lMy5YpJysy4

It even has a forums gang tag, one of the early ones.

Linda Bagel is something special.

Portia Abernathy,s talents are criminally under utilized. She was deadly funny in Arrested Development.

madeintaipei
Jul 13, 2012

Groke posted:

American Gothic from the mid-90s, criminally canceled after one season. Gary Cole as a corrupt small-town sheriff who may be (or be in league with) the devil. Young Lucas Black as the main protagonist. Very nice and creepy.

Lucas Black, poo poo. The man's local to where I'm from. Weird hearing the accent on the big screen. Deepwater was a fun ride, kinda Lynchian.

madeintaipei
Jul 13, 2012

Ohhai posted:

Oh man, I've been rewatching Lexx, I have no idea how it got four seasons but I'm incredibly glad.
It's a Canadian/German production, and it's probably the most horny SciFi/Comedy show I can think of, the ships are all inspired by insects and bugs, and it feels like half the props and sets are straight out of a BDSM store. What's makes it even stranger is it's got a rather serious plot about overthrowing a dark brutal ruler called "The Shadow". Oh, it also guest stars Tim Curry and Malcolm McDowell.

It should be really well known, but I think I've only met perhaps two people who've ever seen any of it, and that's because they've watched almost all SciFi out there.

If you like it, and haven't heard about it's major inspiration, try Incal by Alejandro Jodorowsky and Mœbius. Batshit space opera. Violent, weird, and very Jodorowsky. Pretty in a very ugly way. If you find yourself liking that, The Metabarons, by Jodorowsky and Gimenez, expands on the story and goes it's own bizarre way. Transgender and hermaphrodite characters as a central theme (this is not bizarre, just neat how it fits into the story), a disem-headed body as galaxy-wide assassin, cow-sized spider-wolves with an appetite for destruction, a universe-eating flea... thing the size of a galaxy, motherfucking sentient carnivorous whale spaceships, and it doesn't stop there.