Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Milo and POTUS
Sep 3, 2017

I will not shut up about the Mighty Morphin Power Rangers. I talk about them all the time and work them into every conversation I have. I built a shrine in my room for the yellow one who died because sadly no one noticed because she died around 9/11. Wanna see it?
There was a TVIV thread for an old 90s sci fi show a few years ago and it looked amazing in the best way but I'll be damned if I can remember the thread or what the show as called. Anyone know what I'm talking about?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Milo and POTUS
Sep 3, 2017

I will not shut up about the Mighty Morphin Power Rangers. I talk about them all the time and work them into every conversation I have. I built a shrine in my room for the yellow one who died because sadly no one noticed because she died around 9/11. Wanna see it?
If I could trim off 3-4 bad seasons of the simpsons and give it to the critic so it'd get about 100 episodes for syndication, I'd have done it in a heartbeat while the voice cast was all still alive.

Milo and POTUS
Sep 3, 2017

Poo In An Alleyway posted:

Could they not do what they did with the DVD release of Daria where they replaced all the music with free-to-use tracks that sounded similar but that ruined the entire show because there were several jokes that relied on the original songs that now weren’t funny anymore?

God drat do I loathe copyright law

Milo and POTUS
Sep 3, 2017

You're absolutely right and that small payday probably would be a huge boon to a number of these bands and artists at this point but if your song choice is integral to the jokes your show or movie you're watching, it's loving lame as poo poo that they can just lapse and go into a legal limbo cf Beavis and Butthead and the music video bits

Milo and POTUS
Sep 3, 2017

nonathlon posted:

That was incredible, that show. Like the one where they install proximity sensors on all their equipment, that fails to recognise black staff members. Which is then corrected by issuing black staff members with offsiders who can trigger doors, drinking fountains etc. for them.

...is this meta

Milo and POTUS
Sep 3, 2017

muscles like this! posted:

Ghosted also got almost completely retooled in the middle of its only season. When it started the characters were going out on missions to investigate stuff for the secret government agency. Then halfway through there are no more investigations and they spend all their time just hanging out in the office.

Ghosted was picking up by the end of the season and I maintain if they'd done another they'd have found their footing

Milo and POTUS
Sep 3, 2017

Biplane posted:

2 more: fuckin V Wars, and Helix, both about antarctic viruses that turn people into monsters. Helix was the better show by like a lot, but V wars was dumb fun. drat it why does everything cool go away

I got some seriously bad news about antarctica and real life

ReidRansom posted:

This may or may not be the right place for it, since it was so recent, but I'm still pretty angry about Lodge 49. Failed, but not forgotten.

And Wayne. And The Mick.

:sigh:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Milo and POTUS
Sep 3, 2017

Stroker and Hoop wasn't too bad compared to a lot of the poo poo that was running concurrent with it on Adult Swim. Even the car was less racist than what passes for it today!