Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Winifred Madgers
Feb 12, 2002

Nowhere Man aired for one season on early UPN alongside Star Trek Voyager, starred Bruce Greenwood as a photographer who (inadvertently?) captured evidence of a conspiracy which then destroys his life by psychological warfare, making it seem like he doesn't exist. Even his wife vanishes in the middle of a date and then later pretends to be married to another man and not know him.

I haven't watched this show in 25 years, partly because I haven't found it anywhere, but partly because I haven't wanted to find it, because it cannot possibly be as good as my memory of it. Can it?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Winifred Madgers
Feb 12, 2002

Also John Doe aired for a season alongside Firefly I think, ended on a massive cliffhanger twist and was canceled. Kind of one of those procedural-with-a-twist shows, John Doe turns up as an amnesiac who has for some reason encyclopedic knowledge of everything except his own past.

Winifred Madgers
Feb 12, 2002

Back to the mid '90s again I remember really being invested in another canceled-after-one-season show, Earth 2, which had a colony ship that escaped a polluted Earth but crash lands on the wrong hemisphere of their barely-settled destination planet, and IMDB tells me a few things I didn't remember like Clancy Brown and Tim Curry having roles. I remember some weird aliens that they either couldn't communicate with or maybe they weren't even sure they were fully sapient.

Winifred Madgers
Feb 12, 2002

Aardvark! posted:

I thought the Limitless tv show from 2015 was surprisingly fun. It's your standard procedural with guy with Impossible Genius Powers, starring Jake McDorman and Jennifer Carpenter.

Oh yeah, we watched that one and were really bummed it never continued.

Winifred Madgers
Feb 12, 2002

Jericho from 2006 was criminally cut short, canceled after one season and given a pittance of episodes to quickly wrap up the story after an energetic fan campaign. A small town in Kansas has to come together after a nuclear attack on Denver (later they discover about 20 major US cities suffered attacks), and additional EMP some episodes later, cut them off totally from the outside world. They have no news and no resupply except what they can make happen for themselves, so they piece things together in both respects as best they can.

The teasers for this show - a mushroom cloud on the horizon - were straight out of my nightmares, literally. It's one of those shows that starts off with a slow burn but really picks up toward the middle of the season, and it becomes pretty intense with a war against the neighboring town, and the evidence they uncover about the origin of the attack.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Winifred Madgers
Feb 12, 2002

Zore posted:

Anyone else remember Kings from the late aughts? They tried to do the biblical story from Kings set in modern day which led to some really funny decisions (David vs. a GOLIATH tank) while also scrubbing most of the Jewish language out so you had the prophet Saul as a Reverend who was dressed in modern protestant trappings.

Mostly notable for having Ian McShane just giving it his all and having the time of his life playing a biblical King in modern Not-Ameroca

Oh yeah, completely out of my memory until this very moment, I was pretty bummed when it was canceled. I can't even remember if it went a full season or just got cut off.